Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Orokin Cell Farm

Fitzhugh

Question

After returning from a long hiatus, I've tried to reinvent my fascination in the game by creating goals that included building anything and everything shiny. In doing so, I've been through a TON of orokin cells.. too many.

Recently I've hit a wall, that wall being a lack of orokin cells. I had plenty when I stopped playing, but since I've returned and have been dropping dimes I have found myself with none left. I've looked around on the wiki and such but I was hoping that maybe if I asked here I might get some magical answer which I don't think I've found yet, assuming it might exist.

So... What's the best way to farm these guys?

17 answers to this question

It's been a very long time since I've been to Kril, is he quicker or easier than Ruk (Who I have been running recently)?

Depends, sort of.  Kril can take more time to get to and get out of due to the tileset while Ruk often has shorter paths to him (especially with the tiny Grineer planet/ship extraction tile that was added in U15).  Both have annoying invincibility mechanics, Ruk needs a little waiting but doesn't rely on targeting, while Kril's can always be hit but is a smaller target and only on his back so you need him targeting somebody else for the quickest kills.

Ruk has a lower base level though.  Do note that bosses like to scale now, so only bring one boss-killing weapon to prevent them from scaling to like level 45 and making it take that much longer.

No matter what, RNG will always be there. For me, the easiest(and quickest) way to get Orokin Cells is killing Ruk on Saturn as of right now. Before U15, I always go after Lech Kril because he was much more quicker for me to go after and always has better chance to drop Orokin Cells since I had Punch-Through mods. Now, he takes longer to kill and higher leveled with more enemies surrounding you...which sucks...

I feel paranoid with the drop rate of the cells. I think there is a conspiracy with the drop rate. Neurodes/ Morphics are no trouble to farm. Neural Sensors are fine if you can nab them in a low tax dark sector. but Cells seem to avoid me.

One method I want to test out is doing a 50+ min Survival on Saturn. one run I acquired quite a few of them although I haven't done it since and I am keen to see if its a semi-reliable source. 

Ruk has a lower base level though.  Do note that bosses like to scale now, so only bring one boss-killing weapon to prevent them from scaling to like level 45 and making it take that much longer.

Appreciate the advice here.. I did not know this!