Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Should Opticor Have A Better Fire-Rate?

DarkLordX2

Do you think Opticor should have a faster Fire-rate?

In my opinion, he should have a 0.4 (Similar to Ogris), keep in mind that 0.4 is still slow. Don't worry, even with a 0.4 Fire rate and a high damage, Boltor Prime still have better DPS (Sadly...).

Of course you can equip Vile A., Speed T. and Shred, but with a faster fire rate you could equip other damage mods instead.

Do you agree? If you don't, let me know why.

No, even though I would love to spam the battle field with the wrath of god in a single beam, making it have a higher firerate would probably be too much for it. As it stands already it has an apocalyptic damage output, so making that more spamable would be too far in my opinion. 

I think the fire rate is fine where it is. It's a giant laser cannon that fires with sniper precision. If anything, my problem with the Opticor right now is that it's too precise. I wish the beam could hit enemies farther from its exact center than it does right now. A little bit of innate punch through would be nice, too, but my main problem is that it feels like a sniper bullet with a pretty skin that makes it look like a laser.

I just wish you could hold the charge, like the Ogris. Other than that, it's fine.

This is pretty much what I was going to say.  The fire rate is a balancing aspect for the huge damage it can do, but the fire at full charge is not needed.  We definitely should be able to hold the full charge until we want to fire it.

Opticor is insanely powerful, it does not need a buff of any kind. Nerfs though.

I have to disagree. If we're going to say the Opticor needs a nerf, then the Boltor Prime needs a huge one first. The Opticor is by no means the amazing monster that people make it out to be. It's good, yes, but it isn't some new god tier answer to all enemies that some people seem to think.

Opticor is insanely powerful, it does not need a buff of any kind. Nerfs though.

Better nerf Dread, Paris, Paris Prime, Cernos, Lanka, Ogris, Drakgoon, Miter, and Angstrum then I guess, huh?  Since they're all charge weapons with similar or greater damage output per shot as well as most having innate punch through or far greater AoE splash.

Just make everything the same as the Braton MK-1, that'll do.

On a serious note, speed, no.  But some innate punch through?  Sure. 

Right now it's hard to want to use this thing over the Lanka, since I can punch a hole through 5m of wall or about 10 enemies with it. (Mmmm, that main hall spawn in void T4.)  Opticor could at least use the ability to punch through a good number of enemies before detonating on a hard surface as a trade for its slower than most charge.

Edited by SanguineXIII

I have to disagree. If we're going to say the Opticor needs a nerf, then the Boltor Prime needs a huge one first. The Opticor is by no means the amazing monster that people make it out to be. It's good, yes, but it isn't some new god tier answer to all enemies that some people seem to think.

Yeah Boltor Prime should be nerfed too. There have been multiple threads about it.

@SanguineXIII

The bows do not need nerfs though, they require skill to use. Lanka has only 50% of Opticor's damage and isn't hitscan nor AOE, so it doesn't need a nerf. Ogris has already been nerfed multiple times, I wouldn't be outraged if it was nerfed again, but I think it's in a good place now. Penta should probably be a little nerfed damage-wise.

Drakgoon and Miter should if anything be buffed, I mean the damage is good on paper but it takes a lot of skill to execute. Angstrum should absolutely be nerfed.

Why are so many people so offended when you say that an overpowered weapon should be nerfed? Why does it make you so angry? I'm not trying to troll anyone here, I'm genuinely curious, why do people get viciously mad when you say "Nerf this OP weapon"?

Why are so many people so offended when you say that an overpowered weapon should be nerfed? Why does it make you so angry? I'm not trying to troll anyone here, I'm genuinely curious, why do people get viciously mad when you say "Nerf this OP weapon"?

I don't think anyone in this thread is "viciously mad" or even particularly offended, Sanguine XIII and I were just questioning why you would call for a weapon that's not in the top tier of weapons to be nerfed when there are so many other weapons that should see a nerf before it. It's not that I'm against weapons being rebalanced as the game grows, but rather that I believe DE should bring the outliers (e.g. Boltor Prime) in to a reasonable level first, then worry about the weapons like the Opticor, which are good, but not amazing like the outlier weapons currently are.

As it stands, we're all simply saying that the Opticor isn't OP like several players seem to think. Despite the large damage numbers it can get on single targets, it's still a very slow, single target weapon.

Now, speaking of others who aren't part of this thread, if someone gets genuinely angry about being told a weapon or warframe needs a nerf, it's generally because they like to go "god mode" and one shot enemies and never die, or take the game to its absolute limits by continuing in endless mission types much longer than the developer originally intended. People get angry because they don't like being told that their favorite item is no longer going to be as useful to them as it was in the past, ignoring the fact that the item was only a favorite to begin with due to its overpowered nature. These people are the ones who get outraged at the rebalancing done to a weapon or warframe before moving on to find the next closest overpowered weapon and exploiting it, thereby bringing the community's attention to the next most overpowered weapon and continuing the cycle ad infinitum, only to be briefly broken when the developer inevitably lets another unbalanced weapon slip past them, causing a general power creep until the weapons are all balanced (which will never realistically happen). The people who legitimately enjoy the weapon or warframe for the way it plays rather than its power will learn to play around the changes and continue to happily play with it, getting over the balance changes faster than the "god mode" seeking or limit-testing players.

TL;DR: Nobody here is mad, the people who do get mad about nerfs were probably only using the thing because it was OP to begin with, not necessarily because they liked it for what it was.

Edited by ProfessorRobledo

I don't think anyone in this thread is "viciously mad" or even particularly offended, Sanguine XIII and I were just questioning why you would call for a weapon that's not in the top tier of weapons to be nerfed when there are so many other weapons that should see a nerf before it. It's not that I'm against weapons being rebalanced as the game grows, but rather that I believe DE should bring the outliers (e.g. Boltor Prime) in to a reasonable level first, then worry about the weapons like the Opticor, which are good, but not amazing like the outlier weapons currently are.

As it stands, we're all simply saying that the Opticor isn't OP like several players seem to think. Despite the large damage numbers it can get on single targets, it's still a very slow, single target weapon.

Now, speaking of others who aren't part of this thread, if someone gets genuinely angry about being told a weapon or warframe needs a nerf, it's generally because they like to go "god mode" and one shot enemies and never die, or take the game to its absolute limits by continuing in endless mission types much longer than the developer originally intended. People get angry because they don't like being told that their favorite item is no longer going to be as useful to them as it was in the past, ignoring the fact that the item was only a favorite to begin with due to its overpowered nature. These people are the ones who get outraged at the rebalancing done to a weapon or warframe before moving on to find the next closest overpowered weapon and exploiting it, thereby bringing the community's attention to the next most overpowered weapon and continuing the cycle ad infinitum, only to be briefly broken when the developer inevitably lets another unbalanced weapon slip past them, causing a general power creep until the weapons are all balanced (which will never realistically happen). The people who legitimately enjoy the weapon or warframe for the way it plays rather than its power will learn to play around the changes and continue to happily play with it, getting over the balance changes faster than the "god mode" seeking or limit-testing players.

TL;DR: Nobody here is mad, the people who do get mad about nerfs were probably only using the thing because it was OP to begin with, not necessarily because they liked it for what it was.

1. I get insulted about half of the times I call for nerfs, never when I call for buffs or changes, or new ideas. Only nerfs make people bring out their pottymouth. It is a fact that calling for nerfs gets some people viciously mad, others just get an angry tone.

2. Saying that boltor prime should be nerfed first is a strawman, they should both be nerfed and it's even more ridiculous to ask this question because I am saying that boltor prime should be nerfed in every boltor prime thread I get my hands on, many people are.

3. I don't "seem to think" anything. I am speaking from experience, Opticor is on par with Ogris pre-nerf.

Lets compare it with Ogris:

- Slightly lower damage.

+ No risk of self harm

+ virtually infinite ammo

+ hitscan

- can't hold charge

- wonky AOE

+ doesn't require full charge (will still murder everything on a half charge even)

It "doesn't seem" OP, IT IS OP. I've built it, I've leveled it, I tried it on high-end missions, I tried different builds with it. I know what the Opticor is like and it IS overpowered. Unless they changed it since 15.1.0 then it STILL is overpowered.

4. I agree, people are babies.

The problem with calling anything OP or not is how scaling in this game is done badly. You fight some things and you're going to look like god. Bring the same build into T4 endless and you're eventually going to realize the limit.

In my opinion, though, you should not compare the Opticor with the Ogris. The Ogris is a goddamn rocket launcher with a large AoE. The Opticor is a laser cannon that, in most player's (and my) opinion, should have innate punch through when it doesn't. It's a thick line versus a bigger circle.

If you must compare it to something, take a long range weapon. Any of them. Go ahead.

I took a look at weapon comperator at Warframe builder and it shows Opticor beating Boltor Prime in every damge category by a landslide. So no, it doesn't need inherent punchthough. There already are mods for it anyway. In fact rifles have two, one of which doubles as fire rate mod - something you want on Opticor too.

I took a look at weapon comperator at Warframe builder and it shows Opticor beating Boltor Prime in every damge category by a landslide. So no, it doesn't need inherent punchthough. There already are mods for it anyway. In fact rifles have two, one of which doubles as fire rate mod - something you want on Opticor too.

If so you may as well compare Paris Prime to Boltor Prime - Paris would probably win!

The claim that Boltor Prime has a higher DPS is not true, if you crit-build the Opticor and only use Vile Acceleration for the speed you will get a sustained DPS of 27k. The Boltor Prime maxes at 24k. Over 10% more DPS on the Opticor.

Opticor has the highest sustained DPS in the game currently, even surpassing Lanka, Ogris, Amprex, Boltor Prime, Paris Prime, Latron Wraith and similar weapons with ease.

Even if you do not crit-build the Opticor it is only slighly worse (22k) than a Boltor Prime with Vile Acceleration and it is surpassing a non-speed Boltor Prime by 10% DPS.

In my opinion Opticor needs a slight damage nerf in addition to slight improvements in ease of use, not an attack speed or damage buff.

PS. The damage of 500 on Opticor is the half-charge damage, NOT the full-charge damage. The full-charge damage is 1000.

Edited by NullCurrent

If so you may as well compare Paris Prime to Boltor Prime - Paris would probably win!

Bows are marginally better at burst DPS. Boltor is significantly better at sustained DPS. Opticore is almost twice as strong in any DPS compared to any of them.