Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

When You Solo, What Do You Do?

trieuazn0

Question

like the Title says, what do the Solo players do, When you Solo??

i recently found myself having to play Solo often  simply becasue of how bad my internet connection is during Player Active times (my internet becomes normal around 0000 midnight to about 0010 in the morning, which there are not alot of active players / pugs to join in with.

i usally just go do invasions to pass the time and earn credits and such, saddly there has been a lack of invasions for me to do, but i want to know what other players out there do, when they have to play Solo

20 answers to this question

I played Solo for most of my game time, due to a mixture of personal choice and bad internet. Originally, that was how I cleared most of the starchart. Nowadays I mostly run public missions, but there are times when going solo is the best choice, like when I'm rushing bosses, trying out new weapons, or farming for a particular thing like kubrow eggs or excavation missions. Otherwise, I generally just play the game, blowing stuff up as usual. The only real difference when going Solo is that I have to take extra care since there's nobody else to split the enemy fire, and I don't get as much exp on my gear due to how affinity sharing works.

Edited by Guest

Usually either T2 survival for forma or Sechura to grind some syndicate affinity, or do some alerts along the way, if i enjoy the game type or the reward is decent.

I'm a gun focused player, so I usually run Valkyr when soloing survival. A nice, tough frame, I can just focus on just shooting people and let the beastly armor tank it up, and when it gets too low, Hysteria that health back up. I do have the aura forma-ed to a dash to fit corrosive projection though, usually this last for 45min if i push my luck and use up all the modules.

For Sechura, of course Vauban with a weapon with punch through.

If i get really bored, a Corpus excavation is a nice change of pace, running a Frost usually.

I usually try to mix it up. A little stealth exterminate here, some rescue there.

I'll also change my weapons fairly often, bringing out stuff I haven't used in awhile.

One very important lesson I took out of MMOs is that you need to mix up your routine when you play grindy games like Warframe because otherwise you can get burned out very easily.

Its also important to create at least small challenges for yourself. Running around with a maxed out Boltor Prime and instagibbing everything in sight is fun for the first couple of days, but a lack of challenge causes you to tire out extremely quickly.

Another good thing about mixing it up and using a variety of different equipment and tactics is that you gain a much greater understanding of what makes certain things strong or weak, as well as how to tap into those strengths.

Edited by Haif

For me, playing Solo means testing and leveling new weapons. Beyond that, just farm for the resources, credits, and other things that veterans are apparently expected to constantly have a high supply of. Do most players understand how many materials it takes to make another new weapon every day or two?

I play a lot of Extermination missions with different frames to try out different things. Every now and then I try other gamemodes, such as Rescue 2.0. When I go into a mission like defense or interception, I choose my frame wisely for solo, or I go into the pubs.

non-survival, dfense, moble defense, and interception. i can solo basically anything else with ease. that is how i cleared most of the starmap/nav-map

Edit

See how far i can got on infested survival ( started doing it U7 ), i miss the goddamn corpus ship tileset , the few ones that still exist start at level 30's so it gets hard really fast :c

Survival was added in U10
Edited by Entari0

thanks guys, i found a inspiration, ive started to explore some of the maps that i usally dont run, and decided to have fun in Eris Hive missions

-pic-

What is that crewman doing..?

Anyways, I usually do stealth runs without using invisibility.

I usually go solo to some T1-T2 non-endless Void mission with Master Thief equipped and search for the containers. This way I always get 1-2 Argon Crystals per run, whick is pretty good — I'd say as good as running some survival mission, but you dont need a team for this tactics.

Sometimes I run Eris Hive missions solo with a warframe, that doesn't have godmode-skills like Blessing or Invisibility.

I aslo farmed Elytron solo. In first days after U15 it was nearly impossible to find a good team for Unanus Archwing Interception.

Oh, and Kubrow Egg hunt.

I solo everything.

Literally everything.

Can't find any good PuGs anymore.

This.

So everything you can imagine. Vault runs, excavation, survival, void, simply everything can be done solo. Maybe not 60min+ runs but its a challenge to see how far you can solo endless.

I have done limbo quest solo and i have not encountered any challenge despite some threads saying its not possible to do solo.

Edited by sp33chle55