Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Farming Keys Now?

WolfgangHype

Question

I've not seen a recent topic (or found one in a search) about good places to farm for Void Keys. Recent being post Update 15. I suppose Survivals are still fairly viable as the 15 min still gives a key, but I didn't know if Interception or Defenses got any better/worse with the change to their rewards. Do they have a similar set key drop or are they more random? I'm looking for a variety of keys Tower 1-4 since I'm quite a few updates behind on my prime collection.

7 answers to this question

If I was to farm for keys, I'd indeed play survivals since they guarantee a key on the 15 minute mark.
However, if you're looking for T4 keys, interception is your only choice. Defenses are probably a tiny bit faster to grind than survivals with a good setup, but they aren't really reliable, so I'd stay away from them.

I believe that the Tower Tier(1,2,3) of your key depends on the level of the mission you're running. You will only get T1 keys from Venera on Venus for example (unless they changed the drops again).

Edited by Haukai

I've played a survival on Saturn yesterday which resulted in a t3 exterminate key at the 15 minute mark. Since the rule used to be something like 20+ (or even higher?) = T2/T3 keys on survivals I was a little surprised, but then again the level brackets got moved around recently. Also I got T1 and T3 keys in T1 survivals on rotation A and B, so that works like before it seems. Before U15 I was really succesful in farming T3 keys on Narcissus, Pluto. I got a T3 key on wave 15 in 9 out of 10 runs. Since U15 I didn't get one there, so either the chance is reduced or it's not the right place anymore.

The absolute best place to farm T1, T2 and T3 keys altogether is excavations. First 2-3 excavators give you S#&$, but after that almost every excavator gives you a key. For T4 I highly suggest something like Eris-Viver, you get Int-Def-Surv keys there, and Uranus-Stephano for T4 Sab-Ext-Cap-MD.

The same rules that apply to survivals are also true for excavations: The 3rd reward is always a key, be it the 15 minute mark aka rotation b or be it the 3rd excavator you protect till it's timer runs out (if it gets destroyed the cycle wont progress). After the 4th reward the cycle restarts, so basically the excavators 3, 7, 11, 15, ... will all net a matching Tower key. But yeah. Timewise it should be a little faster to do 3 excavators then to do 15 minutes of survival, so that is more efficient for farming the keys.