Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Balancing Issues (Turned Into Rant While Writing)

cs310

There's some serious Issue with the Weapon Balancing in Warframe. No, I'm not talking Lex vs Lex Prime, I'm talking [that one gun] vs [every other gun that behaves similar].

Want an example?

Akstiletto

Faster reload time, higher damage, higher status chance AND better accuracy than the Twin Viper, a secondary that behaves the very same, but with worse stats.

The only reason not to use the Akstiletto is that you have to be in a clan that has accomblished to build 3 rooms and wait 3 days in order to buy the blueprint. The Akstiletto is less expensive to build and way more effective. So what's the point in using the Twin Viper?

Another one? Dragon Nikana.

You WILL use this sword after you reach rank 8. Even if you're not in a clan, you just let yourself get picked up by a clan that has the research done, you buy the blueprint for nikana, you build the nikana and then the dragon nikana. you will never have to build another melee weapon again. The high rank as a requirement is the only type of "weakness" this weapon could possible have. The only weapon that has more raw damage but is excelled otherwise is the scindou prime. and what's the point in wearing that heavy &#! battle axe if you can have the swift dragon nikana that has more dps?

Soma

Every gun becomes broken with Point Strike, Vital Sense and Split Chamber, but this is the PRIME example *rimshot* of it. I think that this, along with the Gorgon should become a special category like machine gun or something, that'd be incompatible with rifle mods. Enhancements to make ordinary weapons awesome weapons are too strong on weapons that are awesome per default.

Kronen

Basically easier-to-farm dakra prime with a more common stance drop. the only weakness this thing has is its absolute hideousness.

Nobody is forcing you to use the best gear with best setup for it. Find your style, enjoy it, and let others enjoy theirs.

1) So what's the point in using the Twin Viper?

2)Another one? Dragon Nikana. You WILL use this sword after you reach rank 8. 

3) Soma

Every gun becomes broken with Point Strike, Vital Sense and Split Chamber, but this is the PRIME example *rimshot* of it. I think that this, along with the Gorgon should become a special category like machine gun or something, that'd be incompatible with rifle mods. Enhancements to make ordinary weapons awesome weapons are too strong on weapons that are awesome per default.

4) Kronen

Basically easier-to-farm dakra prime with a more common stance drop. the only weakness this thing has is its absolute hideousness.

1) Hold LMB to fill that pesky Grineer with 40 rounds in 2 seconds?

2) There are more comparable melee weapons in terms of DPS, so no.

3) Why? It's completely fine. You need formas for this weapon to shine, the same can be said about many others. Ever tried Spectra? Grakata? Dera? It's the same!

4) I don't understand what are you talking about there. You don't like that Kronen is good or what?

So what's the point in using the Twin Viper?

Another one? Dragon Nikana.

You WILL use this sword after you reach rank 8. Rank 9, still not using it. My kronen/Hate are doing just fine.

Kronen

Basically easier-to-farm dakra prime with a more common stance drop. the only weakness this thing has is its absolute hideousness. This is not a balancing issue, this is just you disliking its appearance, which is subjective.

Akstiletto: You'll never believe it, but my sidearms of choice are; 

Hikou Prime for Stealth Missions.

Dex Furis as a general rule of badassery.

Sicarus Prime for missions where I'm forced to carry stuff.

No one had ever called me a n00b or openly complained about my DPS in PUG. EVER. Sure, they may have thought it but, as a general rule,  people sticks with me until end of the mission. 

Dragon Nikana: My weapon of choice for melee. No shame into admitting that it was a goal I set for myself to get it with my clan. It looks cool, call me a weaboo or whatever but it being carried at the side has lots of selling points. We all know that Scindo Prime is considerd stronger and I'm seeing less and less people using them.

Soma: To fully get the most potential of it, you need to Forma that little gun at least a 3 times last time I talked with some Soma user. (No pun intended.) I think that anything which is granted so much attentions should be powerful. Your suggestion would just lead to DE having to implement new mods specifically for the Machineguns subclass, which after the initial period of farming would bring back to the current situation. As long you don't mean that the Machineguns mods should be sub-par to incentivate people not using them.

Then we'll just find a new top tier weapon.

Kronen: I like their appearance, otherwise they're an easy to access dual swords. Feeling bad because you got a Dakra Prime and Crimson Dervish and now people can do the same with another weapon and less effort? Hope's not the case.

I never considered Akstilleto anything other than mastery trash.

My melee of choice is Glaive Prime. I only stuck with Dragon Nikana until i worked out what had happened to Power Throw in U12.

I find it funny that you bring up the Soma when theres another, much more erigious imbalance among the bullet hoses.

And Kronens, despite all appearances, have the range of daggers. Also, Glaive Prime.

Edited by Dualstar

I never considered Akstilleto anything other than mastery trash.

My melee of choice is Glaive Prime. I only stuck with Dragon Nikana until i worked out what had happened to Power Throw in U12.

I find it funny that you bring up the Soma when theres another, much more erigious imbalance among the bullet hoses.

And Kronens, despite all appearances, have the range of daggers. Also, Glaive Prime.

What makes the Boltor so imbalanced?

Several things, but chief among them that its available to anyone at MR2.

Yeah, but I've seen many rants against Rhino Primes with Boltor Primes.

I've tried some researches out of curiousity and what I found mostly was either something involving the 4 Damage + Status effects mods, Serration, Split Chamber, Heavy Caliber and that Hammershot. Or others with the 4 Elements, Serration, Split Chamber, Heavy Caliber and something else.

Are these really *that* powerful? Or I'm missing the infamous builds that make the difference?

The kronen has NOTHING on the dakra prime, chiefly because it uses the stance of Tonfas whereas Dakra (and swords) have that lovely 300%+ dmg. Also if you notice despite the length of the Kronen's blade, you hold it in the middle giving it abysmal reach. Although as a note, I quite like how they look, more than a lot of other melee weapons, I just hate how they handle - which on another note is why people don't all just use the Dragon Nik after R8. Variety, playstlyes, just trying things for fun! I change what I use pretty much weekly but I'm currently running a 85% status Serro Electric-Blast build just cause it's freakin awesome. Weapons like that are fun ;P

Also Soma isn't any instantly OP gun, you gotta put some Forma's in, regardless not my thing.

Boltor is probably more instantly useable but has bullet travel time which might take your DPS off by quite a bit if you don't aim properly.

Viper's are fun cause you tap your trigger and the mag empties.

You say nikana is all you ever need then mention kronen/dakra - plus there are loads of different melee you can use (e.g. ichor, orthos)

Then soma is similar to weapons like boltor p, latron p/wraith, burston p and others which are all as effective

Of course there are some weapons better than others but there are lots of similar weapons which are as effective as each other

While we're on the subject of OP rifles, why don't we say something about Opticor?

Boltor Prime, though. That gun needs to be locked at MR10 because it can put out 500puncture in a second unmodified. You slap a Serration/heavy Caliber/ Split chamber?

Just screw that gun. Screw it to heck and back.

This is beyond stupid. No one forces you to use any of those weapons, its your choosing to do so.

My favorite setup is Boltor Prime ( i like pinning enemies to the walls ), Despair ( throwing daggers anyone? ) and Sexy Prime ( also known as Dakra Prime ). Never used weapons for the damage part, or just because that weapon is at the top atm. Hell, i even deleted Soma after that thing hit level 30.

1. Boltor Prime beats Soma anyday, go use the Warframe Builder

2a. Brakk is the most broken weapon currently

2b. It's so broken I don't even use a Primary weapon... you heard me... I only go with the Secondary on since I do not have any reason to go with a primary... at maximum something AoE or really long range but... meh... in this game at the end everything comes closer.

3. I use Orthos Prime because Melee it's "meh" and I wanted a good coptering weapon with a bit of infested AoE.

Im not using one of the single weapons you mentioned.

Try this Brakk build then come again.

This is a Boltor P:

http://goo.gl/DBV8ZE

and this is a Brakk with (lol) even Ammo Mutation on:

http://goo.gl/dKIM0G

look at the DPS.

Brakk's the King of the Hill.

Edited by Gr3vi3R

Dragon Nikana.

You WILL use this sword after you reach rank 8.

And abandon my Galatine? Never.

Also, this is an MMO. You WILL pick up weapons to abandon for what's better or what you like. Fact. But you can build most stuff to be viable in late game anyway. Of my 15 some odd primaries, there isn't one I'm not comfy taking into the void, barring stuff built to be better for survival or defense, etc.

This really just shows that OP haa difficulty coming up with good weapon builds

Firstly, the vipers biggest strength is their fire rate, they chew through enemies like they chew through ammo.

The Dragon Nikana has great stats, but is let down by its combos. The multistrikes are hard to hit, none of the attacks have multipliers, it is difficult to hit multiple enemies with many of the hits and the mobility options tend to come too late to be useful. It has 3 stances, and from where I sit, none of them offer more than one of these attributes

My Zerker-tine on the other hand hits just as hard, farms combos better and has good mobility. The only reason not to use it was the lack of copter.

The thing about balance is that you should first look at it in terms of weapon vs enemy, rather than weapon vs weapon

1. Boltor Prime beats Soma anyday, go use the Warframe Builder

2a. Brakk is the most broken weapon currently

2b. It's so broken I don't even use a Primary weapon... you heard me... I only go with the Secondary on since I do not have any reason to go with a primary... at maximum something AoE or really long range but... meh... in this game at the end everything comes closer.

3. I use Orthos Prime because Melee it's "meh" and I wanted a good coptering weapon with a bit of infested AoE.

Im not using one of the single weapons you mentioned.

Try this Brakk build then come again.

This is a Boltor P:

http://goo.gl/DBV8ZE

and this is a Brakk with (lol) even Ammo Mutation on:

http://goo.gl/dKIM0G

look at the DPS.

Brakk's the King of the Hill.

http://goo.gl/BrQouh

Twin vipers has, overall, more damage. 10 fire rate would need 2.5* the damage to keep up with the TV. Weird that that doesn't get mentioned.

Dragon Nikana? A Katana that I use, along with almost all my melees. Except Machete Wraith, and Prova Vandal. They are useless.

Soma? Now that's a gun I haven't heard of in a long time. And EVERY gun? Every gun except those without crit stats at all.#

Kronen. Firstly, they look awesome. Secondly, you're making them seem more powerful then they are, by saying they're better then Dakra Prime, which they aren't with CD.

Glaive. A mini-Penta with Infinite ammunition.

Kestrel. Can one shot bosses with infinite health AND invulnerability stages. Hell, I can one-shot them DURING invulnerability stages.

You can practically make your fun in this game without even trying.

If someone's idea of "fun" is super powering stuff with a ton of Forma, I fail to see, in a coop shooter, why other people complain, as they are being helped along in a mission anyway.

"Balance" went out the window when DE gave us the ability to use Abilities. I thought that was the entire point of us being in this game, ie blow stuff up in large quantities.

Glaive. A mini-Penta with Infinite ammunition.

Kestrel. Can one shot bosses with infinite health AND invulnerability stages. Hell, I can one-shot them DURING invulnerability stages.

You can practically make your fun in this game without even trying.

If someone's idea of "fun" is super powering stuff with a ton of Forma, I fail to see, in a coop shooter, why other people complain, as they are being helped along in a mission anyway.

"Balance" went out the window when DE gave us the ability to use Abilities. I thought that was the entire point of us being in this game, ie blow stuff up in large quantities.

^^This^^