Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What About Scythes?

Deruser

The community does want them to have a buff.

As someone who uses them very often, I'd like to see my Hate get a buff.

Yay! Awesome, I too want this. As the signature weapon of the Stalker, it should have stats that reflect the power of our dark nemesis.

Edited by Deruser

here's the reason:

DE buffs popular weapons that the community uses the most, so the REAL buff was with the scindo p and the jat kittag, the other heavy melee where just buff because DE can't just buff only 2 weapons, so they said "buffed heavy weapons"

and scythes (note that I want them to be buffed too) aren't likely to get buffed, because no ones uses them.....no offense to DE btw, I love them :) 

but as I said, the scythes weapons are very fun to play, and they have bad@$$ stances, I specially like the reaper prime for it's looks 

EDIT: you might say that if they buff them people will use them but that's not how it works, most people want to use "good" weapons, not "bad" weapons that might have a chance to be good in the future 

Edited by Kenshin98

Anyone feel the same way? The heavy weapons got a buff, but the scythes were forgotten. Technically they are also heavy weapons! They should get a buff too.

You may see them as heavy weapons, but I am pretty sure that DE only sees Great Swords, Hammers and Great Axes as Heavy weapons.  Staves, Scythes and Polearms don't seem to seen that way.  For example Bo/Bo Prime and Orthos/Orthos Prime are two handed weapons, but very fast to make up for lower damage.  Scythes may need work, but I don't think they should be treated the same as what DE consider Heavy weapons.

You may see them as heavy weapons, but I am pretty sure that DE only sees Great Swords, Hammers and Great Axes as Heavy weapons.  Staves, Scythes and Polearms don't seem to seen that way.  For example Bo/Bo Prime and Orthos/Orthos Prime are two handed weapons, but very fast to make up for lower damage.  Scythes may need work, but I don't think they should be treated the same as what DE consider Heavy weapons.

I agree. Scythes should have totally different buff. Probably an added elemental combo on top of the current damage that they have or i don't know there's only 3 scythes anything could happen.

How about giving them a bit more damage, slightly more speed, way more status chance and to be innovative: more status duration?

I mean a scythe is a weapon I can imagine to inflict horrible wounds.

That seem to put the scythes somewhere between the heavy weapons and the staves and polearms, which seem quite appropriate. This idea is pretty good.

Keep this thread going people! Let DE know we want this.

here's the reason:

DE buffs popular weapons that the community uses the most, so the REAL buff was with the scindo p and the jat kittag, the other heavy melee where just buff because DE can't just buff only 2 weapons, so they said "buffed heavy weapons"

and scythes (note that I want them to be buffed too) aren't likely to get buffed, because no ones uses them.....no offense to DE btw, I love them :) 

but as I said, the scythes weapons are very fun to play, and they have bad@$$ stances, I specially like the reaper prime for it's looks 

EDIT: you might say that if they buff them people will use them but that's not how it works, most people want to use "good" weapons, not "bad" weapons that might have a chance to be good in the future 

On the other hand, buffing scythes would be the right way to make me and others use them.

Edited by IlluminatedOne

All weapon types should be viable in some way. Just like how the heavy weapons are now compared to the longswords. The heavy weapons are slow but deal huge damage while the longswords are balanced and deal good damage at an acceptable speed.

here's the reason:

This can by no means be the reason for them to ignore scythes. Im sure Reaper prime or Hate gets more used than Magistar. And leaving weapons out that are unpopular is an insult to the few that actually use them. Guess why they are unpopular? Riiiiight because they are underpowered.