Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Shotguns And Proc Effects (Electric , Gas ... )

WingsOfGryphin

Question

I haven't found answer to this question and testing it is rather irritating with all those damage numbers so i need your help: 
How does Shotgun proc effect works with elements that proc based on base damage? - Does it proc based on base damage that is equal to 'Total base' divided by Pellet Count or it's truly total base damage from Shotgun? (Which could be weird, because if Electric, for example, proc'd than it would hit super hard while the pellet dmg itself would be small) 

Edited by WingsOfGryphin

7 answers to this question

You mean the status chance you see in the stats?

That is the probability that at least 1 pellet will proc a status effect if all pellets hit the target, and if i'm correct it should be calculated through a polynomial distribution

see at paragraph Calculation -> http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Status_Effect

Ok no, wrong answer, sorry i've got your question wrong.

Status effect damage is based on single pellet damage, single pellet damage is the total shot damage divided linearly by the pellets count.

Edited by perfectStranger

You mean the status chance you see in the stats?

That is the probability that at least 1 pellet will proc a status effect if all pellets hit the target, and if i'm correct it should be calculated through a polynomial distribution

see at paragraph Calculation -> http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Status_Effect

Least helpful post of the year award goes to perfectStranger.

(That was unfair of me)

That aside, I also assume it's per pellet.  Some shotguns can get 100% proc chance, it'd be pretty crazy if each one did +50% of the shotguns base damage.

Edited by Lunamaniac

The proc damage is based on the MODIFIED pellet base damage. This means it takes into account mods like Point Blank, but is unaffected by elemental mods.

So a fire proc with just Blaze installed will do the same damage as if you install Incendiary Coat as well.

Sorry didn't get the question right :/

you might have not been that far off:

"

... When more than one status effect in different pellets of the same shot can have an effect (e.g. Corrosive procs), it is more important to know the expected value of status effects per shot ...

"

i read this implicit as the statement that not every status effect can have multiple procs per shot. with procs that deal damage that would make sense, therefore it would use the basedamage and simply proc once maximal.

using the damage of the pellet would make status effects on shotguns ridiculously bad, because the chance per pellet is not big at all, what is stated in the arsenal is the average if all pellets hit.

Edited by Reccettear