Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Salad V And Invasions

Rayxen

I don't understand why Alad V gets angry when you kill the corpus in invasions. Does this mean that only Alad V is moving war against the grineer? The other corpus don't even care and prefer to milk grineer's money?

If it's not like this, maybe we should have John Prodman as the Corpus stalker. With his prova and his fist.

Yes it is quite a paradox now that I think about it:

Lore-wise, Salad V is now the Sarah Kerrigan of his own Infested and no longer associated with the Corpus main faction. The whole Zanuka gimmick was introduced before his new Infested story-arch was written.

Quite a conundrum.

Yes it is quite a paradox now that I think about it:

Lore-wise, Salad V is now the Sarah Kerrigan of his own Infested and no longer associated with the Corpus main faction. The whole Zanuka gimmick was introduced before his new Infested story-arch was written.

Quite a conundrum.

I'm almost thinking that if they retooled the Harvester's lines to be presented as a sort of "pre-recorded transmission" then there's a little more room for it to make sense. The Harvester moves in, pre-programmed to taunt the Tenno with Alad's message, and then, rather than the "Zanuka, no!" line when he's beat, have the message be from Harvey itself saying:

"Critical systems damaged, retreating for necessary repairs." (or have it be set up as another pre-recorded message from Alad)

So, basically, it's a free-agent now with Alad's demise that's pre-programmed to hunt the Tenno forever. Kinda Greek-tragedy-esq almost.

This doesn't really solve the issue of what happens if you get captured, but I like to think that anything that has your Tenno fail is non-canon, because in reality our Tenno would very F*** up (much like how the "Snake, Snake? SNAAAAAKE!!!" line in MGS is non-canon because the real Snake would never make your childish errors that would result in his failure).

I guess, alternatively, they could make the hunter version of Zanuka infested too (now that Infested have been retconned to be able to Infest robotics) and have Infested Salad V send her after you if you fight off Infested Invasions instead.

+1 because technically Alad V isn't Corpus anymore.

It makes no sense that he gets &!$$ed when you attack the Corpus.

Well, he WAS using Corpus shipments to carry out that Infested stuff. I think he's still got a hand - albeit more of a black market hand - with them, and who better to pit against the Grineer than the guy whose most interested in seeing them wiped out? The rest of the board seems intent on snuffing out the hostilities and resuming business - even if the Grineer have lately moved into the "F*** you, we take what we want" territory.

Still, if DE DOES decided to do something about this, I'd, personally, rather they not use Prodman. It urks me to see DE taking what I consider to be joke characters like Derf and John and giving them some recognition (the former moreso than the latter, what with that one Devstream and all, though the community seems to consider that little tribute to the silly fan creation to mean he's part of the solid lore now).

Still, if DE DOES decided to do something about this, I'd, personally, rather they not use Prodman. It urks me to see DE taking what I consider to be joke characters like Derf and John and giving them some recognition (the former moreso than the latter, what with that one Devstream and all, though the community seems to consider that little tribute to the silly fan creation to mean he's part of the solid lore now).

omg so true!!!

And I was scared of saying anything because it seemed to me like I'm the only one who doesn't like the idea of frikkin joke characters.

Srsly... We really need some serious lore and then they come up with something like this???

omg so true!!!

And I was scared of saying anything because it seemed to me like I'm the only one who doesn't like the idea of frikkin joke characters.

Srsly... We really need some serious lore and then they come up with something like this???

Joke characters have their place, but in-game? No. Derf MAY be redeemable (though his name is stupid as hell) if they treat him with respect and make him sort of what a "Darvo would have been if he stuck with his dad", but John Prodman is WAY too out there.

If they DO need to replace Zanuka down the line, I suspect they'll go with one of Frohd's Hyena variants - most likely not a whole pack, though.

Joke characters have their place, but in-game? No. Derf MAY be redeemable (though his name is stupid as hell) if they treat him with respect and make him sort of what a "Darvo would have been if he stuck with his dad", but John Prodman is WAY too out there.

If they DO need to replace Zanuka down the line, I suspect they'll go with one of Frohd's Hyena variants - most likely not a whole pack, though.

Do they really plan to replace the Harvester with... this?

Do they really plan to replace the Harvester with... this?

No! No no no, not at all! That's just speculation on my part, as far as I know...

I hope to GOD the reason they made the tribute to Prodman isn't for him to become the new Harvester, though, 'cause now you got me thinking conspiracy thoughts like taht. Please DE, don't do it! Think of all the people that love you!

What they could do is implement some new Corpus "assassins" which are basically a squad of hired mercs that target you.

Then have the Zanuka Hunter target you for killing Alad V. As Stalker is not setup to target you for killing Alad V (nor Vor).

Hired mercs that target you?

First thing that comes to mind:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tUkSjdijrnA

I would TOTALLY be behind this idea - even if it would make them a little too similar to Grustrag, perhaps.

+1 because technically Alad V isn't Corpus anymore.

It makes no sense that he gets &!$$ed when you attack the Corpus.

It makes sense if you look at the situation with a bit of an open mind...

Alad is no more part of the Corpus corporation. (I feel horrible for having written that...) But this doesn't mean that he has severed all the ties with them. At the same time, the Corpus don't seem the kind of people to let Alad leave the corporation off the bat given how much he was inside their secrets. Alad at the same time needs resources.  resources mostly produced by the Corpus, for his researches.

It makes sense that they 'officially' dissociated from him but, in secret, kept in contact. The Corpus can offer him the resources he needs, he in turn can experiment on the Grineer vessels and deal with the Tenno. It's a win-win situation that we have seen often in modern history as well.

To further prove this point, only in one of his convo he speaks of supporting the Grineers. And it just says that such support 'hasn't gone unnoticed'.

He didn't simply leave.

The Corpus pretty much excomunicated/banished him, and even had their security department(Frod Behk) help the Tenno in trying to hunt him down. There is no way he is even on neutral terms with the main Corpus faction at this point.

Edited by Brimir

He didn't simply leave.

The Corpus pretty much excomunicated/banished him, and even had their security department(Frod Behk) help the Tenno in trying to hunt him down. There is no way he is even on neutral terms with the main Corpus faction at this point.

Again, I could point out that even in real life some government officially pointed out someone as a criminal but behind the scenes they kept supplying them with weapons and such...

Italian politicians and Mafia bosses is one of the first examples that comes to mind.

Again, I could point out that even in real life some government officially pointed out someone as a criminal but behind the scenes they kept supplying them with weapons and such...

Italian politicians and Mafia bosses is one of the first examples that comes to mind.

The only difference is that the main man behind Alad's eviction - Frohd Bek - moved in to claim everything of his as his own. That's why he was eager enough to help us deal with Alad - he wanted his stocks. There may be some Board members that are still partial to Alad, but the main-man that's (presumably) running them, Frohd, definitely isn't on his side.

The only difference is that the main man behind Alad's eviction - Frohd Bek - moved in to claim everything of his as his own. That's why he was eager enough to help us deal with Alad - he wanted his stocks. There may be some Board members that are still partial to Alad, but the main-man that's (presumably) running them, Frohd, definitely isn't on his side.

Yeah, but at the same time he didn't mobilized the Corpus to take care once and for all of Alad... And Alad is still working, so he is getting resources from somewhere, surely not the Grineers...

Yeah, but at the same time he didn't mobilized the Corpus to take care once and for all of Alad... And Alad is still working, so he is getting resources from somewhere, surely not the Grineers...

He didn't mobolize the Corpus because that would have cost him resources, not only to Alad's own forces by the Infested that Alad used as a cover for his bases. Basically, Frohd outsourced his hunt for Alad V to us.

We're China to his America.

But I agree that Alad's getting resources from somewhere: even if we assume that the ships he had Infested around Eris were the result of him sneaking cargo aboard, that's still the need for manpower and, as you said, resources that a deposed Alad, kicked out of Jupiter, wouldn't have. He's getting help from somewhere, and I doubt its the Infested (they're just animals) - but I KNOW it's not Frohd.

He didn't mobolize the Corpus because that would have cost him resources, not only to Alad's own forces by the Infested that Alad used as a cover for his bases. Basically, Frohd outsourced his hunt for Alad V to us.

We're China to his America.

But I agree that Alad's getting resources from somewhere: even if we assume that the ships he had Infested around Eris were the result of him sneaking cargo aboard, that's still the need for manpower and, as you said, resources that a deposed Alad, kicked out of Jupiter, wouldn't have. He's getting help from somewhere, and I doubt its the Infested (they're just animals) - but I KNOW it's not Frohd.

My apologies if in any of my posts I made it seem that it had to be Frohd. It wasn't what I meant...

But you too seem to agree that he's getting help, presumably from someone inside the Grineer Corporation... Someone that Frohd (It makes me think of 'fraud'...) maybe had tasked on dealing with the Tenno who ended up helping the Grineers. Someone that decided to call back for Alad V to return some favors.

Thing is, Alad started out as a eager to make the biggest profit for the Board. But he failed them with the Phobos missions.

Then he tries to redeem himself by making warframes of his own making. He fail yet again.

This time even the Board turn against him.

Backed into a corner Alad is still hellbent on proving himself, this time by using the infested.

But a vital thing have changed. He seek the perfect warriors now, and he has a new plan. But what is it?

To take the system by force? To unlock the Orokin secrets behind their technology?

One thing is certain, Tenno spoiled his plans again, and again.

I think he is out for blood.

Because he knew that simply serving up Salad V for the Tenno to execute him themselves would be much better PR.

And, most likely, a whole lotta cheaper.