Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Warframe Concept] Water Frame Concept.

Abzu

i have but one thing to say:

D2O is not heavy water, heavy water is actually H3O, all it has that is different from water is an extra hydrogen. also it is very dangerous as it is a radioactive material, therefore its not something you want to be cooling you down

i have but one thing to say:

D2O is not heavy water, heavy water is actually H3O, all it has that is different from water is an extra hydrogen. also it is very dangerous as it is a radioactive material, therefore its not something you want to be cooling you down

No, H3O is called hydroxonium and can be found in acids.

D stands for deuterium an isotope of the normal hydrogen with an additional neutron in the atomcore. Cause of this, the deuterium is a little bit heavier than the normal hydrogen atom.

The reaction between two deuterium atoms and one oxide atom creates a water like substance called "heavy water" (D2O) which has near the same abillities like normal water, exept that it is heavier than normal water.

Deuterium nor H30 are radioaktive, the radioaktive isotope of hydrogen is called tritium (T) and has two additional neutrons in it´s core, which causes the instabillity of the core (= Radiation).

Edited by Raptorator

thank you for that however if deuterium oxide (heavy water) is not radioactive then how do you explain its use in the creation of nuclear bombs towards the later years in world war 2?

Heavy water was and is used as a so called "moderator" for nuclear reactors. A moderator slows down the free neutrons inside a reactor and makes them slow neutrons. Such a slow neutron can be easily catched by a uranium atom, which causes the fission of the uranium atom. An other moderator is graphite, which was for example used in the nuclear power plant of Tschernobyl.

During the second world war, a german projekt called "Uranprojekt" had bulit a test reactor moderated by heavy water. The plan was that this reactor could create weaponreday plutonium, but it did not work, because the reactor was even to small to operate. In fact the german projekt was tousand of miles away for creating a nuclear bomb.  

Heavy water was and is used as a so called "moderator" for nuclear reactors. A moderator slows down the free neutrons inside a reactor and makes them slow neutrons. Such a slow neutron can be easily catched by a uranium atom, which causes the fission of the uranium atom. An other moderator is graphite, which was for example used in the nuclear power plant of Tschernobyl.

During the second world war, a german projekt called "Uranprojekt" had bulit a test reactor moderated by heavy water. The plan was that this reactor could create weaponreday plutonium, but it did not work, because the reactor was even to small to operate. In fact the german projekt was tousand of miles away for creating a nuclear bomb.  

thats not what I'm talking about

during world war 2 the nazis occupied belgium, in the northern part of the country there was (and still is) a hydroelectric power plant (that is the current biggest in europe, for the life of me i can't remember the name of) that the country was using to produce heavy water which was being shipped to the allies, until the area was occupied. the nazis increased production almost ten-fold. (we still have no idea whether or not the nazis succeeded in the creation of nuclear weapons, however they were much closer than the allies were) however they were defeated before any nuclear items were created.

Water based frame should be female based. We have a frost frame being a dude already you know so it just wouldn't be fair. XD

Here's why it's a dude: A. water is usually associated with the female gender, why not break some barriers? and B:

Abzu | Ember

Water | Fire

Male | Female

Abzu is meant to be the opposite of Ember, not Frost.

Hi guys.

I don't want to be annoying but shouldn't this thread be on the "Fan concepts" part of the forum (https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/forum/89-fan-concepts/)?

Prolly, but this is an older thread, from before people actually cared about that technicality

Edited by WondahBoah

Here's why it's a dude: A. water is usually associated with the female gender, why not break some barriers? and B:

Abzu | Ember

Water | Fire

Male | Female

Abzu is meant to be the opposite of Ember, not Frost.

Prolly, but this is an older thread, from before people actually cared about that technicality

That is what I was going for + I want him to be my main and would feel better if it was my gender.

thats not what I'm talking about

during world war 2 the nazis occupied belgium, in the northern part of the country there was (and still is) a hydroelectric power plant (that is the current biggest in europe, for the life of me i can't remember the name of) that the country was using to produce heavy water which was being shipped to the allies, until the area was occupied. the nazis increased production almost ten-fold. (we still have no idea whether or not the nazis succeeded in the creation of nuclear weapons, however they were much closer than the allies were) however they were defeated before any nuclear items were created.

You describes the Rjukan plant of the "Norsk Hydro" Company. Wich was placed in norway (not in belgium) and was the only source of heavy water in Europe during WW2. The plant was occupied by the germans and the heavy water was used for the reaserache of a german atombomb (this projekt was called "Uranprojekt"[ger. uranium projekt]). But the reasearche failed as described in my last post and so the german were much farer from an atombomb as the allies had tought.

The only nation that built atombombs during WW2 was the USA, which built three bombs, called "Gadget", "Little Boy" and "Fat Man".