Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Possible Solution To Syndicate Rep/viver

Azakeroth

Not quite sure if this is feedback, but here it goes.

The current system of "standing" or "reputation", is simply put, broken.

Rep/Standing based on xp? Bring out the Nova, Excal, Mag, and Trinity/Volt, screw the others.

Why not a system, where the xp from killed enemies also goes to a general mission counter, that at the end rewards everyone with the equivilent rep/standing.

A general xp > rep mission system would be more fair to others, such as loki or nekros players.

As a loki player myself, i can hold my own killing enemies, but not in mass such as nova, volt, mag or the others.

To clearify my idea of the general system, it goes as follows

Player A kills Grineer Bombard

Player A gets xp for the kill

Xp for Grineer Bombard also gets added to a mission counter (such as like in exterminate)

Player B (as nova) is protecting a capture tower on the other side of the map

Player B uses M Prime and kills 30x Grineer, including 2x Bombard

Player B gets Xp for the kills

Xp for all those kills gets added to the counter

At the end of the mission, each player gets the Rep Equivilent of the XP in the mission Counter.

Im not sure about you guys, but I feel this would work a lot better than what we have now.

Also, please added bonuses to the higher rank Sigils. Sadly not well thought of that only the first sigil gives a boost, and a really small one at that.

What do you guys feel about this idea?

Higher rep from higher sigils is a bad idea, it limits choice. And i've been playing viver for rep and have been getting 5000 rep for one round using Nekros killing barely any enemy just desecrating (with a booster) you do know about affinity don't you?...

Edit: typos

Edited by Orbister

Higher rep from higher sigils is a bad idea, it limits choice. And i've been playing viver for rep and have been getting 5k for one round using Nekros killing barely any enemy just desecrating (with a booster) you do know about affinity don't you?...

I do, but when I've tried the same i only got 400 rep with booster :P and fighting my *** off to make sure the enemies dont capture the other points.

I'm not sure what you're suggesting here. Are you suggesting that affinity be a shared thing? Because it already is shared within a wide proximity on Viver. Everyone should be getting about the same amount of rep bar a few points (never seen more than a hundred), even with the Excal getting 5,000 kills and the rest of the team falling under 100.

I do, but when I've tried the same i only got 400 rep with booster :P and fighting my *** off to make sure the enemies dont capture the other points.

do the following, capture only the middle point, and keep the others white, this way u fight MORE enemies, and only take ONE weapon, that way your conclave is very low, and you get more rep, a guy playing with me got 2600 rep without booster in one round. if you want easy mode take a frame with a lot of range and aoe in one place, a trinity or limbo can provide infinite energy for the aoe spammer to kill everything.

Edit: details:

I was playing with an excalibur spamming radial javelin, he was the only killing, a trinity giving him energy with energy vampire, i was desecrating the whole round, for more loot, and the 4th guy was a speed nova making enemies come closer faster just in case. you don't need to kill a lot of enemies you don't need to steal kills from your team mates, you need to work as a team.

Edited by Orbister

the guy who kills the enemies will actually get less exp, but if you are out of range from the enemies the guy killed then u dont get any exp

do the following, capture only the middle point, and keep the others white, this way u fight MORE enemies, and only take ONE weapon, that way your conclave is very low, and you get more rep, a guy playing with me got 2600 rep without booster in one round. if you want easy mode take a frame with a lot of range and aoe in one place, a trinity or limbo can provide infinite energy for the aoe spammer to kill everything.

this method got patched a week or 2 ago

and what is the point of only capturing one?

the faster u get to the next wave, the more exp u get per enemy

and the rep gain wasn't based on conclave

it was based on the amount of weapons u had

Edited by xkillo32

the guy who kills the enemies will actually get less exp, but if you are out of range from the enemies the guy killed then u dont get any exp

I just did a run like that, and got 5000 points with boosters and guys without it got 2600, and you cap ONLY ONE so you fight more enemies in one single round, because if the round doesn't end they keep coming, it's not mandatory but instead of interrupting the game with that "kill remaining enemies" step you just kill a lot without the interruption, if you still want to keep going you do one more. the trick is to keep the other 3 terminals white (neutral) so they enemies don't beat you in the mission.

Higher rep from higher sigils is a bad idea, it limits choice. And i've been playing viver for rep and have been getting 5000 rep for one round using Nekros killing barely any enemy just desecrating (with a booster) you do know about affinity don't you?...

Higher rep from better sigils hardly limits choice, due to the fact that any rep boost is better than what we have now.

and the rep gain wasn't based on conclave

it was based on the amount of weapons u had

Because if you only have one point captured, the progress is incredibly slow, thus leaving a lot more enemies to kill. Ultimately you can still spam AOE nukes which increases total spawns in a shorter period of time, none of that has really changed much. An alternative is only capping the two middle points and letting the outer two (inside each door) be captured by the enemy. You'll be a few points ahead of the enemy at all times and the progress is still incredibly slow. Slow progress is how you get 5k a round, there is no method to speed it up, it still takes half an hour.

Higher rep from better sigils hardly limits choice, due to the fact that any rep boost is better than what we have now.

It limits cosmetic choice. The actual alternative would be simply ownership of a sigil would up your sigil tier, or something of that nature, in order to provide a boost while still allowing you to use any sigil you want of that faction.

The actual alternative would be simply ownership of a sigil would up your sigil tier, or something of that nature, in order to provide a boost while still allowing you to use any sigil you want of that faction.

THAT is something I can get behind. Owning a higher-tier sigil boosting all sigils from that faction to that tier's gain rate would be excellent.