Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What About The Polearms And Scythe's Buff?

BoomToon43

The heavy weapons just recently got their buffs, and i was surprised to see that only the hammers and great swords/axes got their buffs.

I believe anything that HAD 45-60 light attack and 200+ charge dmg was considered a "heavy" weapon. Notice the Orthos had 50 dmg and 200 charge attack and the Orthos Prime had 60 dmg with 200 charge attack, fitting the description as a heavy weapon perfectly.

Now the Sycthes don't fit perfectly because the Reaper Prime and the Ether Reaper came in at 45 dmg and 150 charge, but the Hate, it fitted perfectly, it had a 50 dmg light attack with a 200 charge attacks, So i don''t think i'd be fair if only the Hate got a buff and the other two don't, i also think it'd be un-fair if the Reaper Prime and the Ether Reaper stopped the Hate from getting any love either.

Another thing is these weapons need the buff more than the great swords/axes,( including the hammers) because the the great swords/axes had broken bull which has a x3 multiplier, and the Polearms & hammers need some combo love becasue they have only 1 combo per stance.

Edited by BoomToon43

Pretty sure polearms are fine as is.

Scythes need help desperately, but polearms are fine.

I'd suggest a 80-100 base damage range for Polearms. Currently, it's 50-75. And maybe also increased the speed.

The 0.9 swing speed of Serro and Orthos really does feel a bit too slow.

Orthos Prime has a decent speed, but could still use some damage boost.

I'd increase the damage of Orthos to 80, Orthos Prime to 90 and Serro to 100.

Then maybe up the speed of Orthos and Serro up to 1.1 or 1.2 and Orthos Prime speed up to 1.3 or 1.4.

I'd suggest a 80-100 base damage range for Polearms. Currently, it's 50-75. And maybe also increased the speed.

The 0.9 swing speed of Serro and Orthos really does feel a bit too slow.

Orthos Prime has a decent speed, but could still use some damage boost.

I'd increase the damage of Orthos to 80, Orthos Prime to 90 and Serro to 100.

Then maybe up the speed of Orthos and Serro up to 1.1 or 1.2 and Orthos Prime speed up to 1.3 or 1.4.

Going to put this out there that this is way too much for polearms. The range is huge enough as is, and that attack speed is simply absurd. Maybe boost the crit rate and status chance on the Orthos Prime a bit to make it more competitive with the Bo Prime; but it's fine.

The directional melee attacks solved pretty much the only problem with the Orthos, which was mobility.

As for scythes I have no idea. They have a chunky feel to them like heavy weapons, but the attacks are pretty fast.

Edited by Draciusen

Scythes should get a different form of buff.

I personally would go for "All weapon types have a different mechanical thingamajig going for them, so take your pick" method.

Totally agree. It would be boring if they only get damage buff. Every weapon type should be more unique.

Maybe ether reaper could be a base scythe and get an infested for status stuff.

Reaper prime crits.

Hate physical damage buff; impact and puncture to 15, and slash damge to 55. (trying to put it on par with galatine and D.N. without copying and going all out one damage type)

Edited by Postal_pat

Going to put this out there that this is way too much for polearms. The range is huge enough as is, and that attack speed is simply absurd. Maybe boost the crit rate and status chance on the Orthos Prime a bit to make it more competitive with the Bo Prime; but it's fine.

"Absurd" would be an exageration knowing that Orthos Prime currently has a speed of 1.2, which is decent.

Implying that 1.3 would be "absurd" while suggesting a higher crit rate, which in turn will boost the speed a lot more thanks to the Berserker, is kind of contradicting.

• 2 months later...

I think polearms are in a nice place as fast, multi-hit weapons with insane range. The quick melee for polearms is amazing for clearing out groups of Infested.

Scythes are fine damage wise, I just think they need a bit more range and a more reliable combo. Reaping Spiral is a little awkward since it's combos stop or restrict your movement, which makes the combos not flow as well as other stances. The throw at the end of Abyssal Automaton is misleading since the range isn't much longer than the basic attack range, even though the animation makes it look like it goes a lot further.

I do think that Hate needs something to differentiate it from Reaper Prime. It's a little slower for only 3% extra status, which doesn't really affect gameplay that much.

Edited by LordMelvin

• 3 weeks later...