Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Yup.. Void Drops Still Suck.

Xylia

Friend and I decided that we'd try some Tier 3 Mobile Defense, as there are 3 things we wanted from there. He needed some Scindo Prime part, I need Boltor Prime BP, and I think there's actually 2 Scindo Prime parts taht drop in there?

Anyways, he said there are 6 drops and we needed 3 of those drops.

Between the two of us, we only had 4 keys, right?

Well........

Key #1: Boar Prime BP

Key #2: Boar Prime BP

Key #3: Forma BP (I have 10+ of these already)

Key #4: Boar Prime BP

.........can we at least get some randomness and/or protection from duplicates on subsequent runs in a single session or something to prevent this kind of crap from happening? I mean, sheesh. Seems like every time I bother logging onto the game to do anything.... we never get anything we want anyways.

Are you guys SURE you fixed the RNG numbers? Because when I see the same stinkin part dropping again and again and again I really have to wonder if the RNG really does work or if you don't have, like, Boar Prime BP set at 80% or somecrap.

EDIT: He needs Boar Prime Barrel, and I need the Scindo Prime Part and the Boltor Prime BP. Couldn't remember what he said until I asked him.

Edited by Xylia

Your luck just sucks.

(at the moment).

This is an on-going trend that happens every stinkin time I bother to log on and do anything that has anything to do with parts like this.

The same stuff drops again and again and again, always the crap I already had and don't need. It just gets old after awhile.

Not all prime parts are weighted equally, they are rewarded similarly to mods (common, uncommon, rare).

Yes, well, that needs to change.

It is a stupid system that just punishes people for time spent. There's no reason they need to have it that way. I hate logging into a game and feeling like I utterly wasted my time after it is all said and done, and it makes me not even want to play anymore.

What's the point? I'll just end up with more of the same junk I don't need.

You do need to actually give players what they're trying to get now and then because eventually they'll get tired of chasing that unobtainable reward that never wants to show up.

Yes, well, that needs to change.

It is a stupid system that just punishes people for time spent. There's no reason they need to have it that way. I hate logging into a game and feeling like I utterly wasted my time after it is all said and done, and it makes me not even want to play anymore.

What's the point? I'll just end up with more of the same junk I don't need.

You do need to actually give players what they're trying to get now and then because eventually they'll get tired of chasing that unobtainable reward that never wants to show up.

Void Trader coming soon in U15.5 (or promised at least by DE), so yay, I guess. :p

Void Trader coming soon in U15.5 (or promised at least by DE), so yay, I guess. :p

We'll see what kind of stupid restrictions and hoops to jump through they decide to put in there with the Void Trader, lol.

And it sounds like such a band-aid fix to a problem that could have been fixed in other ways.... kinda like trading.

Edited by Xylia

We'll see what kind of stupid restrictions and hoops to jump through they decide to put in there with the Void Trader, lol.

And it sounds like such a band-aid fix to a problem that could have been fixed in other ways.... kinda like trading.

Yeah well this 'problem' is fully intended and a standard for free-to-play games in order to encourage microtransactions.

If you truly hate grind then you have no real place in a 'free-to-play' game. Grind is part of monetization.

Weighting of parts is the cornerstone of an RNG system. That's not going to change.

Now, whether the parts are weighted correctly is obviously up for debate.

You can weight them all equally and have a perfectly good RNG system.

There's no law saying you must give one more weight than the other.

5 Parts drop?

20/20/20/20/20.

There, done, easy. Next.

You can weight them all equally and have a perfectly good RNG system.

There's no law saying you must give one more weight than the other.

5 Parts drop?

20/20/20/20/20.

There, done, easy. Next.

Wrong.

The reason why parts are weighted is to make certain things rarer than others. Ideally, this would be used to make the most powerful weapons hard to get.

Look at any game that uses random drops, and you'll see that certain drops have a higher chance, and those drops are usually less desired/powerful. There's a reason why that's done. Having everything equally weighted on a random rotation takes away all sense of accomplishment.

Again, if your problem is with the very fact that drops are weighted, you're not going to get anywhere. That's not going to change. But how the weights are applied is something that definitely needs looking at. 

EDIT: He needs Boar Prime Barrel, and I need the Scindo Prime Part and the Boltor Prime BP. Couldn't remember what he said until I asked him.

I would avoid trying to get anything from mobile defense or sabotage T3, the drop rates for the good items are rage inducing. I got the Scindo blade after numerous runs, but a few people I know are still burning keys in vain, getting junk.