Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is The Melee Screen Shaking Effect Necessary?

Qb3rt

I'm sure it wasn't purely an aesthetic decision to add annoying screen shaking to swinging large 2Hers... but I can't see the reasoning for it justifying just how annoying it is. Not "damnit it's hard to aim"-annoying .... rather "really tired of a spinning screen and about to seizure" annoying.

Word. And what's worse it doesn't just shake my screen, it shakes my teammates screens as well. This effect was bloody annoying in borderlands and the team got the message and got rid of it for borderlands 2. This adds nothing to the game but annoyance and it makes my eyes hurt. At the very least there should be an option in graphics to turn it the f@€% off!

Please I beg you, I love my gram, but I hate what it does to my poor eyes. TT

Seriously, If I had the power to magically change one thing, just one thing in the game as it stands now, I would do away with the screen shake. I would even do that over fixing slash dash and that's saying something.

Edited by Carcharias

Yes. It's really annoying primarily using my paris, and my team mates making it IMPOSSIBLE for me to aim. Arrows are tight, and I don't have any to spare or lose to an unfortunately timed shot syncing up with an earthquake.

Edited by Hemlox

During the Livestream Today, I asked Steve if screen shaking for players other than the weapon wielder could be removed. He responded in chat, saying that it was in fact a bug, and will be fixed. I don't have a screenshot of the chat or anything. You'll just have to take my word for it I guess. lol.

During the Livestream Today, I asked Steve if screen shaking for players other than the weapon wielder could be removed. He responded in chat, saying that it was in fact a bug, and will be fixed. I don't have a screenshot of the chat or anything. You'll just have to take my word for it I guess. lol.

I thought it was an artistic choice at first...

But it is annoying. Atleast reduce the jolting around that happens when you get hit.

Removed or reduced I'd be happy.

Hopefully they give an option to turn it off completely. Likely it was meant to be put in as a "down side" to using heavy weapons but it's not really, it's just annoying.

Removing it or having the option to turn it off would not make heavy weapons any better or worse than they are now.

I'm sure it wasn't purely an aesthetic decision to add annoying screen shaking to swinging large 2Hers... but I can't see the reasoning for it justifying just how annoying it is. Not "damnit it's hard to aim"-annoying .... rather "really tired of a spinning screen and about to seizure" annoying.

+1