Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I Think We Take Too Much For Granted In This Game

Deidaku

Watch this video first

Froma  youtuber called martimi0

The way he describles the game froma new player's eyes. he does make some extremely valid points

>story and lore. we may be complaining about lore a lot , but when was the last time you've seen a F2P game with a soty to begin with ( correct me if i'm wrong but I don' tknow any F2P  action games with a story to begin with) (  MMOs don't count of course they have a story) , 

>Our suggestions and feedback acutally make it into the game.  and pretty fast on top of that.

Our report of bugs and suggetions to improve the game have probably boosted th games developpement speed by 200%. 

> Super wide variety of weapons and frames : Just take a step back. when I stared the game there were , assault rfiles , a rocket launcher, smgs , pistols ,  , poision bomb launcher , swords , 2 staves , axes , daggers , 1 or 2 bows  2 snipers , and 11 frames

Now we have

, 4 Bows ,

even more assault rifles ,

LMGs ,

Crossbow ,

Grenade launcher,

laser cutter,

ligthning gun ,

whips

, Daggers,

swords,

2 claymores

, a motherf*cking railgun ,

lever action rifless,

more snipers  ,

revolver s ,

handcannons ,

tripmines

, katanas ,

stances ,

A jet powered hammer ,

bladed tonfa ,

a fire sword and board ,

an infested and corpus hyprid laser gun

pocket miniguns ,

nailguns ,

even more SMGs

, A frame that can fly

, one that can teleport  with wormholes

, another who can heal ,and looks like  a goat

a necromancer 

our own spaceships

Kubrows

Archwing space battles

and a cr*pton of cosmetics

and primes

the list goes on............ 

> Caring devs. the devs are the second reason why I' still playing this game ( n°1 being the artstyle and badassery) 

I think we should feel lucky as players to be a part of this game , something like this probably happens once every 15 years XD

Edited by Deidaku

What are you talking about making a game is piss easy and making new content and new graphics is something done on toilet breaks. Since its so easy it also costs no money and therefor everyone spending money on this game is just a sad idiot yada yada yada....... KIDDING!

DE actually does a splendid job at developing this game, it has come around a hell lot and always moved forward. People should appreciate DE's work some more since there are a lot of others out there who do it a lot worse (game developing, community feedback, blatant money grabbing etc).

Ever played Firefall? While the devs there are all nice people they manged to take them game from awesome to crap despite years of beta.

Gram + Galatine.

Claymore were medieval Scottish longswords. Not the square anti-personal mine used in modern wars.

Anyway OT:

The reason I came to this F2P game instead of the more popular ones, was because of the concept, which I had not seen before, the originality. The fact that you can have everything single item in the game for free, save for cosmetics. Which to this day, I still haven't found in another game. The parkour mechanics also attracted me. One other big reason was that the devs actually care about the community. And that was a pleasant surprise, as I came from Aeria and their now-terrible Alliance of Valiant Arms.

For minor reasons I also stayed for Oberon and the Gorgon. 

While we do take some things for granted, most players here have played hundreds or even thousands of hours, and after that time, the novelty is lost, and we start to focus on the harder part of the game, what gives it flavour etc, right now, the game is basically getting stuff to get more stuff to get more stuff and not really use it for anything, hopefully in the long run syndicates change this 

The big problem a new player might have is being blocked from higher level content which is a big chuck of Warframe. A starting player is most likely not going to be able to go to the void to get prime stuff (for lack of keys or leveled weapons), and they cannot access archwing or syndicates until they level up in mastery. 

I am not saying that high level content is bad, but new players might become impatient.

Edited by Shadowray

The big problem a new player might hive is being blocked from higher level content which is a big chuck of Warframe. A starting player is most likely not going to be able to go to the void to get prime stuff (for lack of keys or leveled weapons), and they cannot access archwing or syndicates until they level up in mastery. 

I am not saying that high level content is bad, but new players might become impatient.

I don't see this as a problem at all... how did 'we' get into the void? We didn't start out with T3... The 'non-void' weapons that you can aquire are more than good enough to do everything, once you get the hang of things.

What people don't see is, that the devs NEED to keep new players in mind as well... they start at 0... when new content comes out, they might not even be at the point, where they can access it (like kubrows -> fairly high credit costs). Compared to when I started 1,5 years ago, there is a ***load of new weapons, new frames, new tilesets, new gamemodes... for 'us' who we are around for a longer time, as soon as something new comes out, we jump on it, play 'through' it and then some cry again, that theres nothing new to do. But the newbies still have loads ahead of them...

So yes, I agree... alot of players take too much for granted (not just in this game though).

Btw, love your post, Hatzeputt xD

The big problem a new player might have is being blocked from higher level content which is a big chuck of Warframe. A starting player is most likely not going to be able to go to the void to get prime stuff (for lack of keys or leveled weapons), and they cannot access archwing or syndicates until they level up in mastery. 

Totally disagree as you need to learn how to play the game first and then acquire the gear needed for higher content.  The old taxi someone to pluto and get them a permanently unlocked node was utter crap.  Thank god DE has worked to fix that but you still see the impact of it.

Last night I jumped into a Neptune survival in a PUG and one of the players was MR0.  How he got to Neptune I have no idea.  He proceeded to pop the first two LS at 90%, go down 4 times in the first few minutes and then disconnect.  It did not improve my experience one bit or his I'm guessing.

It's valid for games to require progression.  Mostly they do it for good reasons.

my nova begs to differ. 

I got my nova thanks to my guildies that took me to raptor. I just unlocked Europa (thanks Boltor Prime!), and I wasn't locked out of nova for not have the planet unlocked. this game greatly promotes teamwork, and it's a great way to unlock stuff early. I could go on a T3 exterminate with a rank 20 volt because I had my guild master with a nova killing evverything for me. you can go anywhere as long as your team is good.