Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Syndicate Changes, Dynamic Ranking, Reward Payouts - Suggestion

matrixEXO

Personally, the current syndicate system is subjected to harsh criticism because of the way it works. You grind affinity to be converted into XP in order reach the maximum XP obtainable then you do an offering just to rank up, have your XP reset to zero and redo the process again until you reach max rank. Not only is this situation boring and tedious, it also leads to the current Viver farm because of the ease of affinity farming, something that I believe is not intended in DE's case. Therefore, this is my suggestion to change the current standing and how syndicate works so it's not so rigid yet also still allows for personal decisions to how to approach the leveling system.

1) Dynamic Ranking

Dynamic ranking for syndicate means that when a person reaches a specific XP value, the ranking dynamically changes to the next rank, while keeping the XP value. This means that offerings aren't required to actually progress to the next level but just personal play and it allows people to keep their XP values that have been hard-earned. Spending these XP values onto augments or sigils will reduce the total and if the player falls below a certain value, they will drop in rank.

2) Syndicate Rank Unlocks

Since dynamic ranking is meant to fix the problem with the XP value going to waste, this means that achieving certain ranks to unlock certain mods need not apply anymore. Instead, each rank you achieve unlocks a semi-permanent accessory for the player which the player can show off by equipping them. However, de-ranking your own self in the syndicate will remove them from your list, so it gives players a reason to keep the ranks. Each accessories have to be unique and highly desirable for the players to debate between storing XP to rise up in ranks or to spend them and have a longer time to go up to get those accessories. (Accessories includes sugatas, armor pieces, syndanas, skins, etc.) 

IE: Cephalon Suda grants unique Prime accessories. Perrin Sequence grants unique Corpus accessories.

3) Offering Changes

Offering a tribute to a syndicate should be a sign of personal 'trust' or relation to the syndicate. Thus, offerings should be a subsidiary system to raise one's rank in the syndicate. The offering pool should be open to mods, blueprints, parts and keys while each individual item have their own XP gains.

IE: Dread BP gives 100XP, Paris Prime Lower Limb gives 150XP.

4) Reward Payouts

The increase in XP gains and better storing of XP would mean that the reward payouts need to be more expensive and varied to create more expenditure choices. Do you want to use 25k XP for a melee mod or do you want to save until 45k for a pistol mod. Such change would add a certain degree of additional decision making as well as smooth out the purchase curve that would change from the above implementation.

Personally, I wouldn't say that Viver should or should not be changed. Instead, I would say that the ways to meet Syndicate goals and ideals should be more flexible and allow for differing methods of personal progression instead of just through affinity and forced wastage of XP just to level up.

-snip-

I love the ideas mate,+1 , the biggest problem with syndicates is arguably that we got a new thing to earn xp for,  but not a new WAY to earn said xp, this proposal would make it feel less like a grind and more like actual content, because to be fair, nnobody wants to be forced to keep up with the syndicate alerts and play 30 full day of syn alerts just to rank up in the syndicate, and then lose it all and have to restart.

Edited by Somedude1000

Tenno, did you think it would be that easy? No, really, this isn't supposed to be a fast thing, it is supposed to take time and effort to reach each rank.

I think syndicates are ok right now, only viver has to be fixed, as well as some reward mods like gilded truth and the amount of resources needed to craft the new large HP/Shield/energy/ammo containers.

Tenno, did you think it would be that easy? No, really, this isn't supposed to be a fast thing, it is supposed to take time and effort to reach each rank.

I think syndicates are ok right now, only viver has to be fixed, as well as some reward mods like gilded truth and the amount of resources needed to craft the new large HP/Shield/energy/ammo containers.

Pretty much this.

Another problem syndicates have right now is there are no worthwhile prizes in the lower tiers of the ranks.

Who wants a spectre? An expensive ghost that runs into the middle of battle and dies before it does something useful?

Nobody, really.

Once DE get around to fixing friendly ai (something thats needed to happen for a year) and add more prizes to the lower ranks in Syndicates, the whole system will feel alot better.

Pretty much this.

Another problem syndicates have right now is there are no worthwhile prizes in the lower tiers of the ranks.

Who wants a spectre? An expensive ghost that runs into the middle of battle and dies before it does something useful?

Nobody, really.

Once DE get around to fixing friendly ai (something thats needed to happen for a year) and add more prizes to the lower ranks in Syndicates, the whole system will feel alot better.

Rather, the shift in the general direction to what I suggest would mean that most of the items would need an XP cost increase. That's why my example for the melee mod still costing 25k while the pistol mod being 45k is there. It's meant to retain most of the long-term design that is in store while keeping the fact that the player's effort isn't to just rank up and start from scratch.

Additionally, the offerings to give XP is just another way a player would gain XP for syndicates rather than a sure-fire way to get everything they desire easily. These items can always be restricted to unique items or requirements each syndicate requires (IE: Cephalon Suda takes only prime bp and parts, Red Veil takes special boss drops, New Loka takes Earth materials, etc).

Numbers for XP gain and XP prices can always be played around but the design idea is there.

Edited by matrixEXO

1: Are you suggesting that if you get the needed reputation to reach next rank, you stay at that rank but any extra reputation you accumulate at the current rank carries over? IE: You get 5k rep to get rank 1 but you cant rank up since you are in a mission, but you can keep getting rep that would count towards rank 2? If thats the suggestion, that sounds pretty cool since we wont need to worry about keeping track of our rep while were in a mission.

2: So something like the Sigils we have now, but can change depending on if you rank up or down? Or the Sigils would unlock with each rank, like they do now, but will lock again if we arent that rank or higher? Dont see I reason for it either way since the Sigils are suppose to be cosmetic only and theres no way to trade Armor or such making it pretty hard to get those things from an opposing faction that hates you.

3: So we keep the current offering system we have now but we can offer additional stuff later on to gain a small amount of reputation? Sounds kinda cool if thats the case, right now it doesnt feel like were working towards our Syndicates "goal" (Whatever that might be), so donating stuff would help with that.

4:Well hopefully get more meaningful rewards as time goes on, maybe some weapon skins or Syndicate weapons or such, so the "25k for this or 45k for that" wouldnt be that needed.

As for Viver, havent bothered with it recently since I got most of the mods I wanted. But I will say this, if a group of people have to resort to "grey area" tactics to finish something, something is wrong. I understand Syndicates are suppose to be long term goals but when youre Rank 15-18, theres not alot left to do to keep interest and give reason to farming, while if youre new to the game, Syndicates are passive things that can be done as you rank up that Volt, MK1-Paris, MK1-Kunais and MK1-Bo for the first time and experience your first Bombarder or first time getting hunted by Stalker or such.

1: Are you suggesting that if you get the needed reputation to reach next rank, you stay at that rank but any extra reputation you accumulate at the current rank carries over? IE: You get 5k rep to get rank 1 but you cant rank up since you are in a mission, but you can keep getting rep that would count towards rank 2? If thats the suggestion, that sounds pretty cool since we wont need to worry about keeping track of our rep while were in a mission.

I'm suggesting that you keep your rep points but the rank changes independent of relative to the rep point. Currently, you 'consume' 5.5k rep point to rank from 0 to 1. If this is implemented, when you reach 5.5k rep point, your rank instantly changes into rank 1 without deducting any rep points.

2: So something like the Sigils we have now, but can change depending on if you rank up or down? Or the Sigils would unlock with each rank, like they do now, but will lock again if we arent that rank or higher? Dont see I reason for it either way since the Sigils are suppose to be cosmetic only and theres no way to trade Armor or such making it pretty hard to get those things from an opposing faction that hates you.

Something like that. Imagine that Cephalon Suda has 5 pieces of armor for each rank. Imagine reaching rank 3 and unlocking the 3rd armor piece. Then, you spend enough points to reduce your rank to rank 2. This means that they 'take' back the 3rd armor piece until you unlock rank 3 again. The idea is having a 'badge award' for consistently focusing on that one syndicate and helping it rise up.

3: So we keep the current offering system we have now but we can offer additional stuff later on to gain a small amount of reputation? Sounds kinda cool if thats the case, right now it doesnt feel like were working towards our Syndicates "goal" (Whatever that might be), so donating stuff would help with that.

Yes and no. Since dynamic ranking is supposed to eliminate the use of offering to increase in rank, offerings become a secondary way to gain reputation by giving valuable items that the syndicate prizes or desires. Personally, I never liked the current offering system because it brings a big queer question mark as to why we need to offer something just to go up in rank when it should be our merits (reputation) that promotes us instead.

4:Well hopefully get more meaningful rewards as time goes on, maybe some weapon skins or Syndicate weapons or such, so the "25k for this or 45k for that" wouldnt be that needed.

Personally, I would hope so too but right now, not going to happen that fast.

As for Viver, havent bothered with it recently since I got most of the mods I wanted. But I will say this, if a group of people have to resort to "grey area" tactics to finish something, something is wrong. I understand Syndicates are suppose to be long term goals but when youre Rank 15-18, theres not alot left to do to keep interest and give reason to farming, while if youre new to the game, Syndicates are passive things that can be done as you rank up that Volt, MK1-Paris, MK1-Kunais and MK1-Bo for the first time and experience your first Bombarder or first time getting hunted by Stalker or such.

No, Syndicates aren't unlocked until you reach rank 3. Which at that time would mean that you already started progressing to better gears. Still agree that it's a passive thing right now that people are trying to force it into an active thing (via Viver).

Edited by matrixEXO