Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I Have One Small Question With Regards To Butchers

Renegade343

I ran through the Codex again during my gaming time, and I noticed that up to now, normal Butchers still have 50 Cloned Flesh and 5 Ferrite, yet its other, differently coloured counterparts have 50 Cloned Flesh and 200 Alloy Armour. 

Anyone know why the normal Butcher's health has not been changed to these values? I did try to justify it with normal Butchers only being seen at lower levels (hence the very low Ferrite Armour value), but with Earth now being one of the starter planets (and with Frontier Butchers appearing in the low level missions), that answer does not seem logical. So, I would like to hear your answers. 

As much whoever that person may be powerful or whatever, this is really, truthfully a rather cheap answer. 

Dude it's a joke.

And if a helmet can give you bonus stats (looking at you arcanes) then why not........wait.

Wait......

It doesn't make sense.

who cares? they still get one-shoted by any weapon XD

that little armor increase doesn't really make a difference 

But it raises the question: 

Who the hell in Grineer command decided that it was funny to make normal Butchers be protected by basically nothing? I mean, they are running towards enemies with guns, armed only with a single Cleaver. 

But it raises the question: 

Who the hell in Grineer command decided that it was funny to make normal Butchers be protected by basically nothing? I mean, they are running towards enemies with guns, armed only with a single Cleaver. 

whoever is in command, he's smart, because he knows what butchers are capable of......nothing

Perhaps Butchers were the "weak", most defunct clones with the least privileges in this military society. Pretty much explains them missing me all the time. A majority of the Grineer's melee units are all still work in progress.

Then do explain why the Arid and Frontier Butchers have higher armour value, and wear Alloy Armour. 

Now, to make some points first: 

1. Normal Butchers can spawn on planets such as Ceres (i.e.: Not just restricted to spawning in an asteroid or a Grineer ship, both tilesets that are not on a planet's [or moon's] surface).

2. For Ceres, there are Elite Lancers there, so that means the rain there does not eat away at Alloy Armour. 

whoever is in command, he's smart, because he knows what butchers are capable of......nothing

Then why the heck would he waste Alloy Armour on the other Butchers? 

I mean, it probably would be better used on units that are actually damaging on the battlefield. 

Good 'o Ren, striving for logic and reason in everything. :/

I'd say my only explanation would be to make early planets easier. Or it's work-in-progress like I explained before.

Or all Frontier/Arid soldiers are probably better versions (dunno, u should probably check the numbers out yourself).

Edit: Nope. No consistencies at all...

Edited by Rorgal_Sina

Perhaps Butchers are exactly that, butchers.

They are the chefs, in charge of feeding and nourishing the rest of the Grineer troops. Their armor is only tougher on Earth and Phobos to counteract the heavy wildlife presence.

But why would one want to send chefs to the battlefield to fight and die like flies? 

I mean, I would hazard a guess that a Tenno filet is not really palatable. 

Good 'o Ren, striving for logic and reason in everything. :/

I'd say my only explanation would be to make early planets easier. Or it's work-in-progress like I explained before.

Or all Frontier/Arid soldiers are probably better versions (dunno, u should probably check the numbers out yourself).

I did check the numbers through, and it really seems to defy a bit of logic. 

And besides, Earth is a very early planet now, yet has Frontier Butchers. So there is that former explanation debunked. 

As for the latter one, I have a feeling it was just left there. 

But why would one want to send chefs to the battlefield to fight and die like flies? 

I mean, I would hazard a guess that a Tenno filet is not really palatable. 

The glory of the queens. 

The butchers travel with the troops, and if you are not part of the war effort and are going to cower in the corner when an enemy appears, what are you? Disposable.

The glory of the queens. 

The butchers travel with the troops, and if you are not part of the war effort and are going to cower in the corner when an enemy appears, what are you? Disposable.

Then again, they are the chefs. Are they not supposed to be supporting the war behind the fighting, but still somewhere close to the point of conflict? 

After all, food does have a rather significant effect on troops (but then again, who knows what the Grineer eat?). 

Then again, they are the chefs. Are they not supposed to be supporting the war behind the fighting, but still somewhere close to the point of conflict? 

After all, food does have a rather significant effect on troops (but then again, who knows what the Grineer eat?). 

Based off how we enter the battlefield, I'd imagine we hop right into the middle of Grineer camps, not the outskirts.

Based off how we enter the battlefield, I'd imagine we hop right into the middle of Grineer camps, not the outskirts.

But for Ceres (and some other places), we seem to hop into the outskirts before sneaking into a place that looks more like a factory than a place to actually have a need for Butchers. 

I mean, surely Butchers are not needed for cutting metal, right?

But anyways, I think whoever was in charge of fitting the normal Butchers was drunk on something, then woke up with a headache, remembered that he had to choose what armour would the normal Butchers be wearing before noon, said, "Ah, to hell with it!", and picked a random armour, which happens to be the paper thin armour that normal Butchers wear now.