Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Powerfist (Feedback And Rework Suggestions)

Renegade343

Hello all,

This thread will be talking about the Powerfist, a Grineer melee enemy in Warframe, and ways to make it be a more powerful and fun adversary to fight against. The content is below: 

The Powerfist is a Grineer melee enemy that wields a single Furax, and would attack by running up to an enemy, then attack have a very, very slow attack speed, which then inflicts relatively large damage if the attack connects. However, there are two problems: 

1. The attack speed is really, really slow, meaning basically, one could wait around before running away, and the Powerfist may not have finished his attack animation.

2. His health (and armour) is too low to justify for its very slow attack speed (even Butchers could score a few blows every now and then, although their running speed could be increased by a bit to make them feel a bit more dangerous). 

Since Powerfists are meant to deal high spike damage (i.e.: High damage per hit, in exchange for slow attack speed), the suggestion is to build around this concept, and make the Powerfist be a Heavy Grineer Melee enemy. While some players may argue that the Grineer have already got a Heavy Grineer melee enemy in the form of Drahk Masters, there is one main thing to note: 

1. He throws his Halikar almost always, so that means technically, he is a ranged enemy (with a melee weapon), which means that he is really half a Heavy Grineer melee enemy (or maybe less, given that he also sends his Drahks to fight). 

So, to make the Powerfist be a full Heavy Grineer melee enemy, his stats are altered as thus: 

Alloy Armour: 475

Cloned Flesh: 425

The Powerfist will look more armoured (with additional armour plating and a helmet to protect his head), and will have a running speed that is 0.8x of the Butcher's running speed. The Powerfist will have a normal attack, where he will still have his slow attack with the Furax, but will have a two attack combo with the normal attack, each dealing moderate damage (around 300-375 damage per hit at level 30). The first part of the combo is a right hook, then the second part is a backhand smash (meaning he first swings his right arm to the left, then swings it back to the right). Each part of the combo will have the slow attack effect like on his original attack, but will be slightly faster (around 0.2 - 0.25s), and the Furax will still have the chance to inflict Viral status effects on enemies.

The Powerfist will also gain a new attack (if he is swarmed by two or more enemies), where he will charge up his Furax, then punch the ground, creating a rippling shockwave that deals heavy damage (around 350-450 damage at level 30) and knockback when it hits an enemy. The shockwave will travel (at a high velocity), and will decrease in amplitude until at 3.5m (or 4m) away from the Powerfist (where it would dissipate). Players can evade this by jumping over the shockwave. 

With this rework for the Powerfist, this would allow the Grineer to have a dedicated Heavy Grineer melee unit, while making the Powerfist be a slightly more challenging enemy to fight against during missions. 

Please take the time to read this thread, and provide constructive criticism and feedback.

Renegade343

allways feeled sad for the powerfist when he start his attack and when he finished the enemies ignored him and is allready out of the room

or that he just dies to blow he gets ><

he has to be slow cause when he hits (managed its once since 1 year) ITS HURT .... but its just too slow, looks like he has a freeze proc on

and cause its can be done with statchange + modelswitch, why not

+1

I've literally never ever been hit by one of those guys.

Literally.

I've literally never ever been hit by one of those guys.

Literally.

Good for you, these guys are more lethal than a Bombard... Massive damage + Healt Halving Viral Proc...

I support your idea, +1

Edited by Petersheikah

The biggest issue is that they won't cancel their swing; just take a step to the side and he will continue charging up his Super Punch and swing at empty air which, given the length of the animation, leaves him stuck for ages.

Most of the times I dodge them, I do so unwittingly.

Edited by Brimir

When I started reading this it made me want a hyper speed grineer melee( btw corpus melee suffers the same issue somewhat) a light footed super fast melee unit that gets in your face with boxing type style fast heavy hits and has good dodging making still make him a "heavy" style enemy(lower spawn rate and more healthy) and it would add a unique enemy type maybe get rid of flameblades and turn them into assassins too

While I agree that this unit is unnecessarily weak, I feel like it would be better to remove this unit altogether and make your idea into a corpus unit instead. Grineer as a faction already have so many units that adding one more "dangerous" one doesn't really feel like it's going to add to their roster in a truly meaningful way, in my opinion.

Edit: Also +1.

Edited by Xrkr

• 1 month later...

The fact that they hold Furax's tells us how incomplete they are. I agree with a redesign, although I really want a bulky, tanky, and renamed enemy with a hammer that would charge at you, although with a delay almost as long as the original Powerfist between its attacks. It can only be damaged from behind due to heavy armor, and them missing will cause their hammer to be stuck on the ground, making them vulnerable. They will do considerable damage and knock you down.

Of course, this can also be a separate enemy from your Powerfist.

Edited by Rorgal_Sina