Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Update 7.8.1

[DE]Rebecca

See. I'm totally fine with banning for Cheat Engine, but I'd appreciate if the game didn't boot up happily with it running only to later announce "Hey, guess what, you're banned!"

I could see not wanting to tell people what hacks work or not, but let's be honest, nobody thinks that Cheat Engine isn't going to get detected; I was using it because I wanted to play the new Chasm demo and didn't want to get back what I'd had before by hand, but forgot to quit it in the meantime. If the launcher had simply refused to start, as is the case with several other MMO's I've played, or popped up a vaguely nondescript error, I would have noticed my mistake and not gotten banned from a game I've paid money for (again, not arguing that hackers shouldn't be banned because they've paid money-I don't want a refund, I've gotten 85 hours out of Warframe and enjoyed them all), but I would have appreciated a warning first.

Edited by Squire_Ned

If you feel the need to cheat on a game that you enjoy playing, how much do you really enjoy it?

Sure, the temptation is there to want to access things more easily, but there shouldn't be a friendly notice to tell you what is right and what is wrong if you obviously know what you're doing is wrong in the first place, regardless of whether "I forgot to turn off my cheats" or not.

The only real legitimate argument is use of applications that hook in to the game code without effect on the game itself, such as antiviruses or recording programs (Fraps, etc). Anything that modifies game code for the purpose of gain, whether in items, money, experience or access to things that are not normally accessible, should be instant ban. As mentioned above, false positives are on the end user to prove that they are using a legitimate program, rather than something that gives an advantage.

It's a hard stance, but just because it's an open beta doesn't mean that you have free reign to break the game in more ways than the developers intended.

Are you sure he's not using shade and ghost ?

No man... It's totally glitches onto his warframe. He has no shade. He is a new player and his Loki is only lvl 13 . He is my girlfriends younger brother so I logged onto his account to see what was goin on..and lo and behold he had no invisibility mod on his warframe but in game it is still a useable power...mad as a bag of spanners. When he gets on I will get him to take a few pics and post em. Maybe DE can shed some light on this issue

Update 7.8.1:

Additions:

- All Cheaters will now be Banned. No Exceptions!

Hacking/Cheating bans are now automatic. Our existing cheat/hack detection code that has been tracking hacks and is now configured to take action automatically now. Do not run hacking programs while playing Warframe. You will be banned.

Thnak you so much, I only have one question. Those "cheats" will they still be able to use their hacks and join anothers game and have the host red flagged instead of them?

Update 7.8.1:

Additions:

- All Cheaters will now be Banned. No Exceptions!

Hacking/Cheating bans are now automatic. Our existing cheat/hack detection code that has been tracking hacks and is now configured to take action automatically now. Do not run hacking programs while playing Warframe. You will be banned.

Thnak you so much, I only have one question. Those "cheats" will they still be able to use their hacks and join anothers game and have the host red flagged instead of them?

This was not really today but I was happy when I saw it!  Those damn beaters!!  If you got that SAO reference I love you!  For all who did not get it, a beater is a beta tester + cheater!  There is your anime fun fact of the day!

What about the Loki glitch. My friends Loki warframe has invisibility power even though itis not on his frame. When he put a golden potato on his Loki it glitches the invisibility onto your warframe. It disappears but still remains as a power when playin. Didn't happen to my Loki so maybe it's an isolated glitch. Hope he doesn't get banned as it is not his fault but the game engines fault

So the card is still on there, you just can't see it?  I know we had a bug a couple updates back that you could stack cards on top of each other somehow, maybe it's some form of that.  I had it happen once, and to get the hidden card to show up, I had to fully remove everything I could and apply changes, and when I went back to the item, the hidden card was sitting there alone, visible now, and I was able to take it off.

New mod ui is a big improvement! The only thing I feel is missing is that it can be difficult to find duplicates to fuse. Perhaps list all duplicates of the mod you have selected before listing other mods in the category?

New mod ui is a big improvement! The only thing I feel is missing is that it can be difficult to find duplicates to fuse. Perhaps list all duplicates of the mod you have selected before listing other mods in the category?

If you click the name tab, the mods will be sorted by name.  It's easier to find duplicates when all the same mods are grouped together after they're sorted by name.

So a bunch of people playing emulated console games left their cheats up and opened warframe.  Wow.  You really need to cheat nostalgia?

I've got an easy two step program to never get caught by ANY cheat detection software ever!  Nobody has ever beaten this program yet and it continues to be #1 even to this day.  I use it in GW2, BF3, and yes, even Warframe!

Step 1: Don't cheat

Step 2: If you're cheating, see Step 1

ITT, people do not know what cheat engine is. 

All that the program does is allow you to scan addresses for variables, track their values, and change them if you feel like it. This can be anything from free money to immortality to setting your max hp to 1. It allows you to make your game as easy, as difficult, or as convenient as you like. Up until Warframe, I have only ever heard of it being used in SINGLE PLAYER GAMES. Why? Because no multiplayer game worth its salt keeps valuable data clientside. 

Anybody remember the days where some games wouldn't start up if you had a CD burner? It went out of style quickly. You don't arrest someone for legal possession of a weapon, you arrest them for shooting someone. 

This one is on you DE. Either move more important data and variables server side, or give people a warning/prevent the game from launching. Thankfully I haven't been modding anything lately, or my hex editor would have probably triggered an instant ban as well. You can do better DE. 

I think a warning would be in order a simple warning you have a known hacking program open continuing to launch the game will get you banned.
I can see a few people getting banned by accident or even for a false positive i'm just saying.