Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hotfix 15.1.3

[DE]Rebecca

Caping active mods is the wrong direction. DE should first reduce the footprint of mod object inside the game. Just simplify the mod object to something like the orb or resource objects and retain more mods for us.

Edited by apcha

Addressing the definition of Exploit:

From what I understand, the laymans definition (at least when it comes to videogames) is when someone finds a bug in the game and uses it to achieve an unintended and usually gamebreaking goal.

I understand Exploit can also mean anything that can be abused that is overpowered, but lets draw the line at a bug.  Otherwise, anything is an exploit if you don't agree with it.

I'll admit that the whole Viver thing is crazy, 30 minutes there can get you more than 10+ defense maps, but it isn't achieved through a bug in the software.  The whole grind is achieved through the dedicated gaming of 4 players.  The reward that results is rightly theirs and even though excals range might be to large or Trinity's Energy Vampire may be too effective, it was set by the Devs themselves and whether it was an oversight by playtesters that Trinity and Excaliber meshes so well or maybe it is because this is a co-op game primarily and they figured charecters that mix well would make for a fun game.

And even though I have said this before many times, Viver grinds is NOT an illegitamate tactic, it is the culmination of the efforts of four players with highly leveled characters coming together in a Co-op game to achieve a goal that was previously unrealistic.  Even though the rewards are still better than other maps, taking away what is rightfully earned by the players in the game, through the games own process,  under the grounds of lag control is still a kick in the pants to all of us who came together and achieved more than what we earned.

I just don't see why people think it should be capped when you earn it legitly.

Edited by Wyldbill

At the very least I can hope that, a small glimmer of hope, that this really is just a "hotfix" as what a "hotfix" is in development stands for, something temporary until a real solution to the problem is found. And if the reason is "performance", then I do hope that they fix that particle emission staying around for so long until a player gets LoS of the emission and kill their system, because if anything, that's what's causing all the "performance" drops. When that is fixed or removed, I hope that the drop caps are raised, not some laughable number of 50.

After all I need 75 Rifle ammo drops to fill up a Galaxion without a transmute mod, and I don't think that all 50 ammo drops will be Rifle ammo either.

okay, the only thing I'm gonna dispute here is the fact that you thought I was talking about lag. I wasn't, I was talking about the fact that all drops are disappearing after 50 instead of it only effecting mods, like it should be doing, but apparently isn't.

Hey guys, maybe DE just disliked people leveling up fast and getting a bunchaton loot (even if it took a game life to reach those capabilities) and thus disposed of it.

The game since I know it has been "pay2rush" which let us get almost everything for free at the price of burning your life away in it.

Viver and anything similar in the past, present and future of WF threatens this model (even with all the people buying boosters to make max profit out of it). It should be no surprise to see these nuked beyond all recognition: it threatens the game economy model (in theory, because IMO the more people get the more they will want, so they will just play more and more).

Remember at the end of the day business is business, and without the dev's profit ninjas would probably not be playing free. Just a random thought I had, meaning no offense to anyone.

You know, there is the possibility this nerf is here to stay, and we will just have to deal with it. Just like we dealt with all the previous frame, weapon and mechanics "nerfs".

Changes

• Improved performance and stability of long missions by setting a cap on active Mods in a session. 50 mods can now exist simultaneously before new mods will replace the old.

The "50 mod" = 50 simultaneous mods. It's not like once you hit 50 mods, they stop dropping forever. You can still pick up endless amounts of mods provided you pick them up as they drop (or wait a bit then go). The quick session I just had in 10 waves of defense yielded 3 Mods. I think the main point here is that some movement is required.

a6Jnwg6.png

okay, the only thing I'm gonna dispute here is the fact that you thought I was talking about lag. I wasn't, I was talking about the fact that all drops are disappearing after 50 instead of it only effecting mods, like it should be doing, but apparently isn't.

ah I owe you an apology, I forgot to remove my Blind Rage and wasn't very efficient in forming my reply.

So now we need a hotfix to a hotfix if that's the case, sometimes I feel like learning a bit of C and applying to DE as their bug smasher and get things down and good. Bug fixing is sort of my forte in the development field after all, like squashing a 5 year old bug in this company that, since the bug got removed, things ran a lot more smoot-

I should really be working no? *hurries on back to work*

Nerf Viver please, it's annoying to run it every day because syndicate mission rewards only count if you have the mission (and therefore can't take clan mate on R4 mission, while he is still R3 with that faction...).

Btw, only 50 mods active at the same time? That's a huge step back to old days! 

Oh GOD no.. PLS, any mentioning of nerfing that place gives me a heart attack.. A lot of eximuses show up BECAUSE they're R4..

Hi Devs! This hotfix did it for me, I was able to actually get past the login screen and able to load a mission without crashing on XP now. Although the initial loading sames to made the game stutter really badly for about 5 or less minutes, but everything was smooth after that.

One thing I noticed tho, the in-game textures does seem much more low-res when compared to U14 and before, also, not sure if this loading screen is part of the optimizations...

hrXg85D.png

Other than that, I'm so hyped that I can (finally) play Warframe again :D!

to those complaining about viver,

i fell this was a good move.  as when i farm for mods, i dont let 50+ sit on the gound, if i get lucky and even get 50-100 mods for 40+ mins.

i also find that exploiting the way maps are set up and sitting in one spot and spamming a button, is not teamwork.  this is instead laziness.  also, doing this is also hard on servers as well as client computers when you let 200-300 mods sit in a given spot.  just because its not YOUR computer or teammates computers having issues doesnt mean this isnt affecting other sections of said server.

now, because people have exploited this flaw in the game, those who by chance do have that 50th mods on the ground and is working franticly to keep things such as LS going now have to suffer due to this fix in order to just keep viver in check.

Dropping spawn rate in that map would make the way it is intead even boring as people would likely be camping enemy spawns just to keep up on the fun.  wheres the fun in camping spawns? wheres the fun in sitting in 1 spot and spamming a button?  if im doing t1 def, for 30-40 rounds you can get up to 500+ points.  thats a few 1,000 every day.  which i think is a decent ammount.  yes, i can understand that higher lvl people are not too happy about this as i can see having 1000's of hours of work, then seeing more work just to get the mods that are held by syndicates.

the 50 mods limit sucks, we all know.  but instead of changing the way a part of a map works (as changing the map takes time, and money) they opt to try and fix it in other ways.

for all those campers, thanks for exploiting maps because your too lazy to play it the right way.  maybe you should play something else. possibly perfect world or other games where there is auto mapping for you fools too.

laziness? i'm sorry but theres something called "real life" if you dont have thousands of hours of time you need to find an efficient way to play a game and viver was a very good way to level and farm and you can only do that with good builds and not alone so at all that is end game..

laziness? i'm sorry but theres something called "real life" if you dont have thousands of hours of time you need to find an efficient way to play a game and viver was a very good way to level and farm and you can only do that with good builds and not alone so at all that is end game..

Its not even that, I can play warframe for about 2 hours a day and still feel like i have a good sence of progression. Even if i miss a few days, its not like its the end of the world for me. And not once have I ever exploited Viver, and i'm sitting on 30+ rare 5 cores, and damn near every stance mod to date.