[DE]Rebecca

Hotfix 15.1.3

So mods was lowering the performance on some PC's? is that what you are saying?.. Nice excuse to nerf Viver :P Now we gotta loot every 10%.

nerf? What nerf? ... are you telling me you went to viver for mods? 

• Upvote 6

The "50 mod" = 50 simultaneous mods. It's not like once you hit 50 mods, they stop dropping forever. You can still pick up endless amounts of mods provided you pick them up as they drop (or wait a bit then go). The quick session I just had in 10 waves of defense yielded 3 Mods. I think the main point here is that some movement is required. 

Are these performance issues related to people's PCs having issues with all the work or is this on DE's side? 

i doubt you'll ever get over 50 mods in a single round of interception or defense, survival... maybe with drop boosters since it doesn't have a "pause"

http://gyazo.com/a5936779aaee5e5fba6f887111133fbd

you dont play long enough. :)

and actually the 50 mod cap "nerf" is not really a nerf. you only have to pick up mods frequently

• Upvote 5

Yay for fixes!

...except the attachment scaling fix. My Sugatra now looks tiny. :( This really made me want an attachment scaling slider.

Edited by MantisCore
  • Upvote 4

When is the last item before exit drop error for clients finally going to be fixed? I just completed 40 waves of defense and the last item that was rewarded (a T3 key) was missing. This should be a top priority. You can't have people working for an item and then not giving it.

I

Its not last item, its 8th reward for Defs and Interceptions ( i dont know if survivals have problems too ) just claim on wave 35 or 7th in Interceptions. But if you want some prime item, wing part, weapon part or just simply key which drops 4th 8th etc. Its best claim on 20 def and 4th interception

So,new Ammo Drums will replace Stalking Fans on Viver now......Well,that was just a reference since I do Viver all day now......

Basically,for rare mods(like real rare ones...Stalking Fan,Crimson Dervish,Hyperion Thrusters,Morphic Transformer),the drop chance was probably less than 1%....Now we got a "Pick it up fast" chance too....Ok......

Now the TRUTH........ALL OF US WILL PREFER TO LOWER GRAPHICS TO IMPROVE PERFORMANCE THAN LOSING MODS I MENTIONED ABOVE TO IMPROVE PERFORMANCE.

So,might as well change back.....

Also,instead of locking number of mods on map to 50,how about just automatically pick them up...I always wondered why is picking up mods a thing in warframe anyway? I can understand picking up Energy,resources and health....

Edited by NN13
  • Upvote 9

As much as the sight of a mod cap annoyes me, I'll actually come back and rant about it if I see any notable difference from now on. I mean, to be fair, the only mission it might affect greatly is Viver with a Nekros. I never felt that more than a douzen or even 30 mods were ever present on the field in other game modes before.

I mean, if you want to do a succesful survival, you shouldn't have your team spread out accross the map in the first place. Chances are, if you are doing that, you'll run out of air before you can even have 50 mods to loot anyway.

Edited by BWS-1

As much as the sight of a mod cap annoyes me, I'll actually come back and rant about it if I see any notable difference from now on. I mean, to be fair, the only mission it might affect greatly is Viver with a Nekros. I never felt that more than a douzen or even 30 mods were ever present on the field in other game modes before.

I mean, if you want to do a succesful survival, you shouldn't have your team spread out accross the map in the first place. Chances are, if you are doing that, you'll run out of air before you can even have 50 mods to loot anyway.

50 Waves of ODD yields well over 100 mods for me.....Maybe you dont do long runs....But some of us do and its annoying to loot the place every wave......

*I dont even wanna talk about 4 waves Viver run*

• Upvote 3

Changes

• Improved performance and stability of long missions by setting a cap on active Mods in a session. 50 mods can now exist simultaneously before new mods will replace the old.

kidding?

Never !

Better farm it the easy way.

Elytron ^

Pfft~ Right. The "easy" way. How [restrictively] easy that could be [if players, host especially, leave just for the "Yuh-huh" of it.] Right, the [easy] way.

Edited by Videntis

Hotfix 15.1.3

Highlighted Improvements:

• Continued memory optimizations to support Windows XP systems.

Edited by KawakamiGensai

• Fixed size scaling issues on Melee Attachments.

NOOOOOOOOO, the huge glowing daman sugatra prime looked soo freaking good D,:

oh man... I'll miss it bad ),:

Edit: now sugatras are so small, I might as well just unequip all of them...

Edited by double0gamer
  • Upvote 5

I agree, the mod cap is a bad idea and has ramifications for a lot of reasons, this will end up with people missing out on rare mods for reasons outside their control. When you already have enough problems with people getting the things they want, I don't think adding this to it was well thought out.

• Upvote 5

заведите наконец сервер в россии чтоб не приходилось переводить... проблема; очень часто игра игнорит клавиатуру и мышь будто она их не видит спасает только альт ф4

I agree, the mod cap is a bad idea and has ramifications for a lot of reasons, this will end up with people missing out on rare mods for reasons outside their control. When you already have enough problems with people getting the things they want, I don't think adding this to it was well thought out.

50 mods is a ridiculous amounts to leave untouched. This just fixes the performance problems that might occur when people camp the same spot for 60 minutes without moving.

In no way you're going to hit the cap if you just collect the mods in between waves.

• Upvote 5

50 mods limit... Why don't you just nerf Viver already and be done with it.

Also, allowing us to turn off special graphical effects on the mod pickups such as those particles and the glow would be a much better idea.

To be honest, Vauban Tesla spam impacts my performance much more significantly than any amount of mods from 1 to 200.

Specs for reference: 3770K, 16Gb, 240Gb SSD, GTX660

Edited by Velmarshal
  • Upvote 8

i doubt you'll ever get over 50 mods in a single round of interception or defense, survival... maybe with drop boosters since it doesn't have a "pause"

My average per round of viver was 200-300mods without a nekros. While it would cause framerate drop for sure esp. when looting them, there are many other solution then a hard cap. I feel bad for people running hr+ survivals or 25 wave+ defenses more than people running viver. Mods were always a bonus, rep is the main focus.

• Upvote 1

I think the real queation is.... If I pick up the 50 mods, but the glow is still there indicating the teams nekros perhaps hasn't picked any up: Do I suffer because of this? I hate the idea of loaing mods because someone else is focused on doing their job

• Upvote 7

If I may objectively tune in on this matter to set down some thoughts.

With the introduction of Syndicates, as with most new mechanics added to the game, the idea is for the mechanic to last over time to be of use for the theoretical new player from that point on. This is how a game is built to be stable. The Syndicates are fair and available for new players starting on rank 3. However this is understandably frustrating to long time players who may have over 1000 hours of game time, because essentially as of now that means 1000 hours of no Syndicates. Thus we older players look for a way to make up all that effort in this new Syndicate mechanic.

This leads to finding efficient ways to farm such points leading to the discovery of Viver.

HOWEVER what players are doing to Viver is NOT an exploit nor "game breaking." Players have found a way to maximize their given Warframe abilities and their teamwork to achieve success. Warframe as a game is built on the idea of PVE and teamwork!

What is an exploit or what is game breaking? That is when a player misuses the game's mechanics in a way it is NOT INTENDED TO BE USED. For example: The Quick Thinking and Rage Mod combo granted near immortality for one single player, that is understandably an exploit!

Viver as a mission works perfectly. The Warframes used work perfectly. The game itself works AS INTENDED. Players should not be penalized for conducting teamwork!

Please consider this in the long run when listening to the majority's cries for game changing mechanics, and decide what should be addressed and what you as developers should just put your foot down and give a solid yes or no answer. Every "quick fix" nerf or buff will affect another variable and there will always be someone crying out over something.

• Upvote 11

Mod Limit? Why not Put a Option to Switch the Effect Animations for Mods On/Off? Performance should be a lot better for People with a slow PC. 

• Upvote 6