Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hotfix 15.1.3

[DE]Rebecca

Here are my 2 Cents about the 50 mod cap:

This so called "performance fix" is perfectly understandable if you look at it from an economical point of view.

Yes, the 50 mod cap is basically adressed for Viver. But why you might ask.

Well, with way more than 250 mods (average) per run, where about 50-80 of them are Common Fusion Cores (considering the other cores, this means a combined of 10-20 R5 Cores seen as Fusion Energy) it already started to destabilize the currency system DE is using, Platinum.

The easier it is to farm Cores, the less the Platinum cost in Trade channel, thus creating a devaluation of Platinum over time.

So basically the "performance fix" appears to be nothing more than a not so honest way of trying to salvage their income.

Then it misses the mark entirely and is the least proper way.

You lower the drop rate of cores per session, going on a geometric rate, or hardcap it outright.

Not cap the amount of resources on the floor. That is inhibiting the game.

Also: Way to hurt Nekros players. You know, the frame which only had one useful ability and an ultimate so pathetic the Ospreys are laughing.

incorrect. just ran a viver with my nekros, there was 10-13 mods pre wave total and the resources and orbs also seem to count towards this "mod limit" go check it out for yourself. This maybe a bug and needs to be fixed. 

Also, think about it... you need long farms to get things like gleaming talon, or stalking fan ( unless transmuted ) and imagine being in a long interception or endless mission type to farm for this and e.g 300 mods drop per round yet you only get 50 and you dont see e.g rare gleaming talon drop back in the first 250, you hae now lost that mod and its stupidly low drop rate. thats my point.

well, it wasnt ment to have 250 mods drop in a round of interception seeing how it should only take about 10/15 mins to complete that wave.  but if its a bug to where health and energy orbs do affect it then it does need a fix for that.  i dont agree with farming in the sense of standing in one spot and spamming a button for tons of loot.  its not ment to be played this way and is not fun doing it that way nor does it help the ecom of the game as well.

300 mods per round? That sounds like way beyond "good farming spot" and well into "ridiculous game exploit" territory to my ears. Not that the mods where what people were there for anyway. Not sure it's such a terrible loss.

Please explain exactly WHY does this sound like a "ridiculous game exploit"?

Have you done a Viver run yet? Probably no....Let me explain......Viver is the only mission I saw in my 1000 hours in Warframe which needed perfect "TEAMWORK"(which is a alien word as someone stated) for maximum gain.....Your Trinity is a noob...Whole team #*($%%@. Your Mag and Excal does less damage....you get less reputation points. One mistake and outcome won't be very good.

50 mods is a ridiculous amounts to leave untouched. This just fixes the performance problems that might occur when people camp the same spot for 60 minutes without moving.

In no way you're going to hit the cap if you just collect the mods in between waves.

I hit that cap easily...Infact,anyone who does long missions hit that cap very very easily...Not everyone's playstyle is the same....While you like to loot mod between waves...I don't. So,don't force your playstyle on others'.

In general,I am just against the idea that just because devs couldn't find other ways(if I were to be rude,then "incompetent") to fix perfomance doesn't mean players have to lose out of things they are playing for.

Xp user here,

tried the game, and its working smoothly now, but I havent tried multiplayer yet, only on solo mode. Also I found a bug in Eris, theres an invisible wall who blocks the player from extraction/ objetives ( like defense pods ). I have taken screenshots but i dont know how to load them in the post.

incorrect. just ran a viver with my nekros, there was 10-13 mods pre wave total and the resources and orbs also seem to count towards this "mod limit" go check it out for yourself. This maybe a bug and needs to be fixed.

Wrong!

Did several Viver runs since the hotfix to get an understanding for the new 50 mod cap.

Every time we waited until the end of the round (one of our A and D rounds takes about 30 mins and yielded ~250 mods prior to fix) we got exactly 50 mods. Thats if you didn't collect any until the end and didn't happen to get surplus mods by Oxium Drones dying right next to you.

Just keep digging your hole DE, keep giving me reasons not to play your game.... Where does this ride end? Reducing the mod capacity to 50 is just a blatant and transparent attempt to artifically penalize players who wish to participate in end game survivals, defenses and interceptions.

Out of the dozens of other issues plaguing warframe, you focus on this. You spat in the faces of all players, when you introduced the rep grind known as "syndicates" in a blatant attempt to push the sales of Affinity boosters, completely disreguarding the hundreds of millions of exp high mastery rank players have farmed over the course of 2 years, and gated abilties and permformance effecting mods. 

All players want to do is play Archwing, but they can't, because the Archwing missions are laughably broken, with enemies that spawn out of nowhere in massive numbers, lack of mods and Archwing choices, ridiculiously powerful enemies, and pathetic Syndicate Reputation gain from the Archwing missions. 

You even decided it was okay to give hordes of enemies 80%+ accuracy with hitscan weapons.

All of these issues are real problems, and you have not even acknowledged them. Just keep adding straws to the camel's back, what's one more?

Please explain exactly WHY does this sound like a "ridiculous game exploit"?

Have you done a Viver run yet? Probably no....Let me explain......Viver is the only mission I saw in my 1000 hours in Warframe which needed perfect "TEAMWORK"(which is a alien word as someone stated) for maximum gain.....Your Trinity is a noob...Whole team #*($%%@. Your Mag and Excal does less damage....you get less reputation points. One mistake and outcome won't be very good.

Calm your %$#, bro!

That's the lames excuse i heard in a long time.

Teamwork?

For letting a macro run for half an hour?

We do 5k+ (10k if boosted) rep runs on Viver on a regular basis and just enable one "repeat" macro on the keyboard and go do something else.

Once I went and washed my dishes while providing Energy Vampire for my Team: 10,6k Reputation and 83 fusion Cores for not playing the game... xD

well, it wasnt ment to have 250 mods drop in a round of interception seeing how it should only take about 10/15 mins to complete that wave.  but if its a bug to where health and energy orbs do affect it then it does need a fix for that.  i dont agree with farming in the sense of standing in one spot and spamming a button for tons of loot.  its not ment to be played this way and is not fun doing it that way nor does it help the ecom of the game as well.

i guess you've never farmed T4, or ODD or anything for mods then.... you could do the same in many other maps but your not seeing my point. its despawning rares that are godly low chance and everything else aswell. not to mention i ran loot detector and im pretty sure that me and my team also wouldnt have missed like 37. the econemy will go to crap as the max rank most likely will now cost WAY over what they should now as a blind rage for example will now take over a week to max considering the credits decline AND the cores decline.

Wrong!

Did several Viver runs since the hotfix to get an understanding for the new 50 mod cap.

Every time we waited until the end of the round (one of our A and D rounds takes about 30 mins and yielded ~250 mods prior to fix) we got exactly 50 mods. Thats if you didn't collect any until the end and didn't happen to get surplus mods by Oxium Drones dying right next to you.

well, pretty much same as above. i will even stream this if you would like so you can see for yourself if you think thats a lie.

Edited by Versuvious

• Improved performance and stability of long missions by setting a cap on active Mods in a session. 50 mods can now exist simultaneously before new mods will replace the old.

The "50 mod" = 50 simultaneous mods. It's not like once you hit 50 mods, they stop dropping forever. You can still pick up endless amounts of mods provided you pick them up as they drop (or wait a bit then go). The quick session I just had in 10 waves of defense yielded 3 Mods. I think the main point here is that some movement is required.

Hmmm, 50 limit is pretty high however... have the devs ever experimented with solutions where unused drops "combine" into a "bigger versions" like a loot-crate of sorts?

That way if a lot of items/ammo/mods are in one place only this crate has to be rendered and if new mods drop in the general vincinity they just get added to this list.

It would work like this: Lots of ammo drops in one place? They stack to an "ammo pile" that you can draw ammo from until it's depleted, which is when it disappears.

Same for mods.

well, pretty much same as above. i will even stream this if you would like so you can see for yourself if you think thats a lie.

I might understand what you mean.

I had several Viver runs where me or some other teammates got a tremendously lower amount of mods than the player with the "most upgrades".

I mostly could track it back to bad internet connection of the Host, if someone with a good connection hosts, we always got aproximately the same amount of mods (+-5 for forgetting to pick one up).

But on Viver runs we still all cap at 50 now.

So i can pretty clearly claim that only mods override other mods.

Other consumables don't affect the mod cap.

I am shaking my head. Part in laughter, part in disappointment.

No, the main point is not that some movement is required.

The main point is a cheap, thoughtless, unimaginative, quick-dirty hack which serves more as a corporal punishment to the innocent than anything else.

Playing Defence IV was already a wretched, yawning, unrewarding experience with R5 drops being truly rare, for whatever reason, and ammo dump mods becoming the new currency of the game.

At the poor 5-10 seconds one has between Defence, or Interception, waves to pick the mods that drop - and mods DO drop in a nice large quantity (3 mods in 10 waves of defence? where did you play, Venus?!?!) - is insufficient. At this point: I'd also like to add that it would be nice to have a 5 minute timer in between waves 30 and 31 for a short break for refreshment; we've been playing over a hour you know.

If you want to stop the Interception farming, what you do is you impose a time limit on the duration a single wave session can last which leads to failure if not completed by then.

Id est, a game session begins. After 20 minutes of not victory, a short countdown timer will commence (5 minutes). If victory over the wave is not achieved by then, the mission fails.

Simple. Elegant. Serves the purpose.

It is already rather aggravating that ammo and energy/health orbs disappear off the map.

That mods would disappear is downright ludicrous.

Best Regards,

Im 100% with you

to those complaining about viver,

i fell this was a good move.  as when i farm for mods, i dont let 50+ sit on the gound, if i get lucky and even get 50-100 mods for 40+ mins.

i also find that exploiting the way maps are set up and sitting in one spot and spamming a button, is not teamwork.  this is instead laziness.  also, doing this is also hard on servers as well as client computers when you let 200-300 mods sit in a given spot.  just because its not YOUR computer or teammates computers having issues doesnt mean this isnt affecting other sections of said server.

now, because people have exploited this flaw in the game, those who by chance do have that 50th mods on the ground and is working franticly to keep things such as LS going now have to suffer due to this fix in order to just keep viver in check.

Dropping spawn rate in that map would make the way it is intead even boring as people would likely be camping enemy spawns just to keep up on the fun.  wheres the fun in camping spawns? wheres the fun in sitting in 1 spot and spamming a button?  if im doing t1 def, for 30-40 rounds you can get up to 500+ points.  thats a few 1,000 every day.  which i think is a decent ammount.  yes, i can understand that higher lvl people are not too happy about this as i can see having 1000's of hours of work, then seeing more work just to get the mods that are held by syndicates.

the 50 mods limit sucks, we all know.  but instead of changing the way a part of a map works (as changing the map takes time, and money) they opt to try and fix it in other ways.

for all those campers, thanks for exploiting maps because your too lazy to play it the right way.  maybe you should play something else. possibly perfect world or other games where there is auto mapping for you fools too.

Let me clearify what lazyness is for someone like you that doesn't understand it. Using over 1000 abilities isn't laziness.. Laziness is when you join a game and go afk or just sit and watch everyone else kill the things, and just walk around to take mods.

If a trinity doesn't use EV.. The whole team is screwed. If a mag doesn't pull.. The other mag/excalibur cant kill thoose far away.

List goes on, Isn't this teamwork?

If not, please explain what teamwork is..

And do you know the joy of going inside 1 room and see 20 mods? Even if they are complete garbage mods which 99% of them are.

You are contradicting yourself.. Don't call others fools.. So because we "HIgh levels" abused that map, the newbies that get there have to loot their mods? Wait what?

"for all those campers, thanks for exploiting maps because you are too lazy to play it the right way"

lol xD

So basicly, you wasn't looting the mods either? xD Calls everyone else fools :p

Edited by Rezo0

DE - I didn't have the time to read this whole thread so this may be redundant. I assume the mod cap is directly related to the viver camp/spam issue and as much as we like all the mods, most players who are using this system are there for the xp/rep, so i cant see how this will really change things much there. Seems an unfair nerf to the rest of the game for those of us who enjoy long end game type play on other levels, even while always moving it can be difficult to collect everything that has dropped until a lull between waves, etc. please find an effective fix for viver if that is your intention and leave well enough alone elsewhere. i can only imagine how much more disappointed the many players who dont farm viver must be. as always keep up the good work! thanks.

Tested the new "mod cap" change with my friends, turns out the so called "performance increase" is a mere 4 FPS improvement on long games (40 min +). Nice improvement there DE. I r8 8/8 m8

lawl, 4 FPS... its a joke right... my friend NullCurrent is having a similar issue to me by LOOSING frames, yet he is on a Nvidia 970 running at max 20 FPS where as im on a ATI HD 7770. 

Let me clearify what lazyness is for someone like you that doesn't understand it. Using over 1000 abilities isn't laziness.. Laziness is when you join a game and go afk or just sit and watch everyone else kill the things, and just walk around to take mods.

Ever heard of such a thing like macros on a keyboard/mouse?

Imho it is pretty lazy if i can press 1 button at the start of a Viver run and go watch TV for half an hour just to return and collect me some 250+ mods! xD

If that isn't lazy than what is?

And if you're trying to tell me that you kept pressing the button over and over:

1. It's your own fault for not using macros! :P

2. It's still lazy as F***, cause you basically didnt play the game but instead sat there and pressed one button over and over again. Kudos to you! xD

The "50 mod" = 50 simultaneous mods. It's not like once you hit 50 mods, they stop dropping forever. You can still pick up endless amounts of mods provided you pick them up as they drop (or wait a bit then go). The quick session I just had in 10 waves of defense yielded 3 Mods. I think the main point here is that some movement is required. 

+1, well said dear Lotus