The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Volt Is Almost Perfect ( Overload Rework )

DrBorris

Yes, the zone is effected by duration. However, what if Volt could recharge it? So rather than having to repeat the entire process of the expanding range, Volt could cast Shock onto the affected area for an extra 5 seconds of effect or cast Overload again to add 10 seconds (and add the range of the second cast of Overload onto the first). So if someone tends to their "zone" they can possibly sustain it indefinitely.

I could accept this.

This is simply magnificent. I always felt like Volt's ultimate was lackluster when compared to the other Warframes. This not only gives it utility, but also removes the pesky feature of being weaker in areas with no electrical conduits. DE should really consider these changes, I feel that Overload is the only thing that needs to be changes to make him perfect (aside from augment mods, of course).

Plus that whole "Overload can only be used at full power in a room with electronic devices" weakness never made sense to me. Corpus units have robotics all over the place, and you would think Volt would be able to simply use the bio-electricity within the bodies of non-robotic enemies for Overload.

Edited by (PS4)ShuhanX

Yes, the zone is effected by duration. However, what if Volt could recharge it? So rather than having to repeat the entire process of the expanding range, Volt could cast Shock onto the affected area for an extra 5 seconds of effect or cast Overload again to add 10 seconds (and add the range of the second cast of Overload onto the first). So if someone tends to their "zone" they can possibly sustain it indefinitely. 

The largest fault in Volt's current CC is its short duration. Currently, Overload is not a reliable CC ability, but a decent "Oh sh1t" CC ability. The most powerful part of this suggestion is that new enemies can enter its effect even after casting. The most annoying thing with many CC abilities is that while the initial targets are neutralized, new enemies just run in. That is the main power of this suggestion, it now scales with the enemies in the initial effect (as it is now) and enemies that come after the initial casting. The main reason I say it is terrible as is, is because it is almost completely eclipsed by Shock. 

Enemies cn enter most 4s while casting

And volts 1 is great but cant stun everything at once

I really think the bigger issue is the speed his 4 moves at, his relatively long animation, and the shock range and possibly damage itself

Though as a stun CC it does what its supposed to do and against tight groups it does even more