Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Idea On How To Fix "fall Through The Map" Blade Storm, For Good.

locojuan

I am not a coder or developer, so bare with my poor explanation and improvised english.

In order to execute blade storm on enemies that are close to walls and objects, ash's models needs to be removed from it's collision meshes, otherwise it would, well... collide with the environment.

As we all know, ash will return to the original cast position once the ability is over... and it is then when, mostly in laggy matches, ash will return with no col meshes, therefore falling through the floor.

Following this theory i decided to run some tests, where i would only cast blade storm after jumping and from the air. Effectively, i havent fall through the map while using this technique. Then i tried casting it standing on top of catwalks, once again proving my point, since ash would fall through the catwalk but not from the lower floor.

how do we fix it? simple. make ash return to cast position a few inches above ground. i think that the animation used on teleport (when arriving at destination) would suffice to give the model enough time to recover it's col meshes.

i hope someone at DE reads this and at least gives it a try if they find it useful. thanks for your time.

Makes sense to me. After all he is teleporting, so it would be perfectly logical to have him go into some sort of landing animation when he returns to his original position.

This particular problem is also the case with Teleport. Specifically after you execute the finisher animation. I've found myself stuck in walls (even when playing solo) many times and it seems to occur even more frequently than the Bladestorm bug.

hmmm very interesting. i've never have that happen to me with teleport. however i did find my self in very uncorfotable situations after teleporting to an enemy (to close to an edge or even falling to pits for example). never ended up inside a wall or box thou.

Yeah it's a very odd glitch. You basically do the finisher animations and right after your behind the wall texture. Enemies can even still shoot you. Fortunately when it does happen, I can still teleport to either my sentinel or Kubrow and get out. There was only one time I had to quit the mission, which was really only because I didn't have any companions with me.