Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is Post-U15 Warframe Running Terribly For Anyone Else?

Nira

Question

Loading times and general matchmaking have become such a PITA for my admittedly humble laptop since the Archwing update rolled out, and I was wondering if anyone else running low-spec machines are having a tough time. For me it takes about two minutes just for the game to start up. Joining someone else's mission between one and two minutes. I get biiig freezes when a new player joins or an assassin appears. People frequently get booted from games I'm hosting, during the loading process or just in the nav screen.

I know there have been several pieces of optimization released since U15 but they have little visible effect on things my end. Optimizing the download cache and tweaking in-game network & performance parameters have had similar results. I don't know if we're to be expecting much more performance tweaks from the developer's end, but I would certainly hope so, as my system ran Warframe well enough before now, and in its current state is making me more and more reluctant to play.

For the record I'm running Windows 7 Home Premium (64 bit), Intel i3 2.2 GHz, 4GB RAM, and integrated Intel HD 3000 graphics.

Edited by Dualice

4 answers to this question

I run a Windows 8 x64bit, AMD A4-5000 Quad 1.5Ghz CPU with Integrated AMD Radeon 8330 graphics and 4GB RAM and I am pulling about 30-20 fps now. Before 15 I had 60 fps with medium settings. Right now I'm running low settings and still on 20 fps average. Weird thing is, Archwing missions are the only ones who give me 50 fps average. I'm not sure what happened, but I hope there are more optimizations, quite a lot of hiccups right now for me

Edited by (PS4)Hollow118

Same for me : when I launch it, I can leave my laptop and make myself some coffee. (3 minutes of black screen)

The most annoying is everytime a mission ends. I also spend 3 minutes waiting, every single time.

I run a Windows 8 x64bit, AMD A4-5000 Quad 1.5Ghz CPU with Integrated AMD Radeon 8330 graphics and 4GB RAM and I am pulling about 30-20 fps now. Before 15 I had 60 fps with medium settings. Right now I'm running low settings and still on 20 fps average. Weird thing is, Archwing missions are the only ones who give me 50 fps average. I'm not sure what happened, but I hope there are more optimizations, quite a lot of hiccups right now for me

Same specs as him (aside from my CPU, 1,4 GHz & 6 GB or RAM.

My in-game performance is about the same, but my loading times became pretty ridiculous. I meant to make a thread about it I guess.

It's weird because in some squads I've had people point out something about my frame or say "nice sigil" long before I'm off the loading screen, implying it just kinda puts me in the game and makes me stand there while I'm actually still watching my Liset fly around.

Same for me : when I launch it, I can leave my laptop and make myself some coffee. (3 minutes of black screen)

Hehe, now that sounds familiar!

On a serious note sounds like there is still some tweaking to be done, especially in the loading time department.

It's weird because in some squads I've had people point out something about my frame or say "nice sigil" long before I'm off the loading screen, implying it just kinda puts me in the game and makes me stand there while I'm actually still watching my Liset fly around.

That is bizarre. I've often wondered what the player model is doing exactly during the extending loading.