Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

And The Answer Is.... Neverwinter Has Lore!

Zakharon

Ok so I've been taking a break from Warframe til DE adds rep multipliers among other things, so I decided to pick up Neverwinter (I am a huge Forgotten Realms fan) and is it the best game? No. Is it a bit better than warframe? Yes. Why? LORE LORE LORE AND MORE LORE. Everywhere you turn there is lore scattered in the world. I walk in a library and find lore all over the place. I am in an enemy base, I find journals giving me lore on who I am fighting and why they fight. Lore gives me a sense of a world around me, history to that world, character. Does warframe have lore? Yes and NO. There is very little and it is sketchy at best, I mean DE goes out of their way to make it as vauge as possible, look at the Limbo quest, apparently Drew said they will change some of the lines Ordis says. Wanna know why? Most likely because it gave too much lore in saying there was a singular guy wearing a suit. So please DE give us lore.

Edit: To all those about to give crap to Neverwinter I am only using it as an example replace Neverwinter with WoW(i think) ESO or any other MMO and the point will still stand about lore.

Edited by Zakharon

Hey buddy.

It's confirmed that Warframe is getting much more lore in U15.

Last I checked it is U15

Do I agree with Warframe having more Lore?

Absolutely.

So I agree with Neverwinter?

Nope.jpg.

((Run while you still can! Run from the LB monster that is Perfect World!!!))

Dude not like I am sticking for the long run, the only reason I play is the world, didn't say I agree with what Perfect World did with that game.

It's almost like they have about 40 years of franchise history and content to look back on and build off of. One day we'll get there. I think we've added more lore to Warframe in U15 than ever before, and we've been following the Fomorian Threat as it grows... to be continued.

It's almost like they have about 40 years of franchise history and content to look back on and build off of. One day we'll get there. I think we've added more lore to Warframe in U15 than ever before, and we've been following the Fomorian Threat as it grows... to be continued.

So it will take 40 years for warframe to have actual Lore? U sure warframe will excist in 40 years?

A slap of sarcasm, hope for the future, and a stamp of approval, all tied together with an ending of RP?

Dang, Lotus' got skill.

For an action F2P game  that's still in beta we have some lore

it's just the narrative that's weird

there's this kind of empty moment when you have no  other purpouse than kill kill loot loot for the bling or "balance"

Edited by Deidaku

no more excuses .LORE please.

Lore =/= better game. 

Just so you know. This seems more like a personal issue for you. Me personally, I prefer to blast and blow people away with little to no reason as to why im doing it. Im the type of person to not read or skip through dialogue in a game. (In MMO's or RPGs mainly.)

So it will take 40 years for warframe to have actual Lore? U sure warframe will excist in 40 years?

Well, considering that if you get suspended for some reason it says the ban will last till 2032, so they've at least planned that far! xD /joke

To whoever changed the title of the topic, now people don't have to read everything to get the point.....where is the point in that? 

The point is that if someone is actually interested in what your thread has to say they will still click it, whereas before it was borderline clickbait.  You gave almost no information about your thread in the old title so no one knew what you were talking about until they clicked it. 

Forgotten Realms is an established universe with 40 years' worth of lore behind it. Warframe will be celebrating its 2nd birthday next year. Quite an unfair comparison, don't you think?

I mean DE goes out of their way to make it as vauge as possible, look at the Limbo quest, apparently Drew said they will change some of the lines Ordis says. Wanna know why? Most likely because it gave too much lore in saying there was a singular guy wearing a suit.

Also: Conspiracy theorist much? Retconning a line because it doesn't fit to-be-proscribed canon isn't new. If they removed everything that gives "too much lore" because they want to keep it vague, why have Prime frame codex entries? Aren't they telling TOO MUCH of the unknowable past in those?

Edited by Shion963