Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

And The Answer Is.... Neverwinter Has Lore!

Zakharon

Lore =/= better game. 

Just so you know. This seems more like a personal issue for you. Me personally, I prefer to blast and blow people away with little to no reason as to why im doing it. Im the type of person to not read or skip through dialogue in a game. (In MMO's or RPGs mainly.)

yea but for most of the people who have been here since the beginning of time a reason as to why would be nice.

It's almost like they have about 40 years of franchise history and content to look back on and build off of. One day we'll get there. I think we've added more lore to Warframe in U15 than ever before, and we've been following the Fomorian Threat as it grows... to be continued.

I'll give you that sure. But most games these days as soon as they hit the shelves whether they are 40 years old or 1 year old they have plenty of lore plenty of background. I've been playing video games online games for over 10 years this is the first game I've seen that does not have lore to the amount that other games possess.

Minecraft has no lore. Minecraft has outsold every other game on earth.

Maybe lore isn't as important as you think it is.

You craft your own lore in minecraft. I think it would be cool if players could craft their own lore in Warframe as well.

It's almost like they have about 40 years of franchise history and content to look back on and build off of. One day we'll get there. I think we've added more lore to Warframe in U15 than ever before, and we've been following the Fomorian Threat as it grows... to be continued.

With respect Rebecca, there is a huge difference between ongoing story reveals vs. important backstory that the lack of is really hitting immersion.

Sure we play amnesiac Tenno but there is so much that our Tenno should be able to find out almost the instant they wake up.

* What are we playing? Not the history of the Tenno but simply physical facts.

* How long have the Grineer been active.

* How long have the Corpus been active.

* How long has the infestation been active. Is Lephantis the source of all the infestation in the system?

* Were are the civilians that we're supposed to be fighting for, what planets and how many, show don't tell.

* What is a Warframe, not the history, not snippets from the Orokin era but physical facts.

* What are we doing to the capture targets, what is that technology.

* Where do these infested weapons come from, why do we consider them safe?

Simple basic things that round out your setting, _not_ ongoing story.

Keep the Orokin secrets on the slow burn... fine.

Have story progression involving Grineer and Corpus experiments... sure

But give us enough background to actually make decisions for our characters... give us _context_

Edited by SilentMobius

Well to be honest, after 10 years, the lore is the only thing that still really interests me in WoW. I hope that DE does indeed eventually flesh things out a bit. But when you look at how super-vague the gameplay is, it makes it very hard to have solid lore in it's current state. Hopefully this will evolve as the game does.

With respect Rebecca, there is a huge difference between ongoing story reveals vs. important backstory that the lack of is really hitting immersion.

Sure we play amnesiac Tenno but there is so much that our Tenno should be able to find out almost the instant they wake up.

* How long has the infestation been active. Is Lephantis the source of all the infestation in the system?

* Were are the civilians that we're supposed to be fighting for, what planets and how many, show don't tell.

* What is a Warframe, not the history, not snippets from the Orokin era but physical facts.

But give us enough background to actually make decisions for our characters... give us _context_

You said it much better than I did thank you very much yes Rebecca with respect you failed in the reply

How are the EE editions anyhow? I heard that they had some glaring issues, so I'm a bit hesitant to jump off of the ole' Tutu trilogy.

They are pretty much as I (and probably you too) remember them. But "cleaned up" quite a bit. If there were any "glaring issues" still present I probably overlooked or got used to them because the biggest shock for me was seeing all the redone menus! ;P

The actual, in-context reason that DE_Drew said they'd probably change it was that people weren't sure if it was actual in-game statement of a little fourth-wall breaking moment. So they'll be altering it to remove the uncertainty that comes from the "is this a fourth-wall breaking moment?" statement, as well as reinforcing it with a Codex entry for Rhino Prime.

At least, that's how I've interpreted it all.

Hell man, Neverwinter lore did not grow overnight. All of that was based off of the NeverWinter Nights 1 and 2(You know, the GOOD NeverWinter games?), which are then based on the countless years of knowledge and information D&D gathered.

You can't expect to grow a giant world and cover all your bases overnight. That stuff takes time and patience.

Alot of that info isn't really needed.

Infested was explained awhile back...

WarframePublic0028_zps4fb8c577.png

The corpus supposedly have been around since the Orokin since they consider Tenno traitors.

Lephantis is just a golem type meaning abunch of stuff came together to make it supposedly the strongest weapons of the Orokin.

Phobos was a raided colony planet that the Grineer took over.

Infested weapons are obviously made by the Tenno. I mean dang how much info do you need on that. You expect DE to explain Warframe technology as if its REAL!? I mean seriously!? How does the lab in the dojo not explain the entire story for you? like really? wtf?

The questions your asking are not simple things. This isnt friggin DnD, and even then the info on DnD/Forotten realms is STILL LIMITED!!! Like good lord they never explain the magic God that split into two. They never explain much on Shar, or why she won't die permanently, or even how the elves managed to erased Lolth permanently from the universe, and erasing everyone's memory of the God. Explain that insanity genius.

Alot of that lore is on a need to know basis, and what they do reveal I feel would be best either as a mystery or limited. I also would like to come across this info in the form of hints, or random conversation. Not so much as the silly way destiny does it, or all the RP books that DnD has.

I don't need to know that lore now we already have a ton of it scattered in events, and mentioned by enemies. I want more of that lore in a similar manner.

How are the EE editions anyhow? I heard that they had some glaring issues, so I'm a bit hesitant to jump off of the ole' Tutu trilogy.

Well EE do get updates so obviously better than original there also Icewind Dale EE will be released soon too

Edited by Zakharon