Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How To Fix The "50 Mods Caps" Really Easy Way

Chaosdreamer

Since DE had the great idea to nerf max mod instead of that why not simply make them "Auto-Loot"? no more lame excuse (i.e performance issue)

So, what would the incentive be for running around in normal missions?

Archwings, I would say to give them a larger pickup radius. Not auto-loot.

50 mods is a lot on the map at a time, IDK why it's such a big deal. If you have 50 mods on the map at a time, then you haven't bothered to pick them up and are too lazy to.

No excuse really

Yet what if someone had to AFK for a min or two? Than a rare mod just goes missing.

Yet what if someone had to AFK for a min or two? Than a rare mod just goes missing.

I don't think 50 mods would drop in a few minutes unless you were doing something like Viver. It's weird how people don't seem to realize what a large amount FIFTY mods is.

Edited by Liacu

"The "50 mod" = 50 simultaneous mods. It's not like once you hit 50 mods, they stop dropping forever. You can still pick up endless amounts of mods provided you pick them up as they drop (or wait a bit then go). The quick session I just had in 10 waves of defense yielded 3 Mods. I think the main point here is that some movement is required."

"50 mods can now exist simultaneously before new mods will replace the old"

-[DE]Rebecca

Not only that, but I doubt going AFK for a minute or two will drop 50 mods. Even then, It's like Rebecca said, they begin to replace the old, which means it probably replaces them in the order from when they dropped (Meaning if the rare mod is the 25th that dropped from the beginning of the mission, you'd have to have an additional 50 drop before it dissapears)

Edited by SgtFlex

And how do you guys deal with survival ? you know those map's or really big, would be stupid to lose mods that way , or maybe

"if one member of team loot , other's get it in same time"?

If you aren't moving as a cohesive unit from room to room in survival, you are effectively doing it wrong, by definition.

I already left a suggestion numerous times ago, going to leave it here as well.

Make high number of items say it be mods or ammo packs near one another to attract eachother and merge into a single large mod or ammo container which will contain all the data necessary to identify what mods are contained within it without all the unnecessary lag.

Make high number of items say it be mods or ammo packs near one another to attract eachother and merge into a single large mod or ammo container which will contain all the data necessary to identify what mods are contained within it without all the unnecessary lag.

QFT

Edit:

also reduces the data needed to sync matches. removing all items and replacing with a single 'stacked thingy' from time to time should reduce visual, processing, and network load at all times.

Edited by taiiat

If you aren't moving as a cohesive unit from room to room in survival, you are effectively doing it wrong, by definition.

If you are moving as a cohesive unit from room to room in survival, you are effectively doing it wrong, by definition.

Best strategy is to find a really good room & camp there while sending out a Loki/Ash to pop capsules & grab air drops.

QFT

I honestly thought QFT meant Quit [expletive] Typing ...then I looked it up. XD

I believe the core of this is for Viver rep farmers. Dropped fusion cores and other useful resources were ASTRONOMICAL in number. Anywhere from 50+ common fusion cores alone and then some in a single match for only minimal effort. This will severally impact their ability to break the system without significantly impacting honest players. (Not to say Viver wasn't an epic exploit, and yes, higher end computers would drop from 60 to 20-ish fps due to gross drop numbers)

Edited by UnseenDivinity

I don't know how "easy" it would be to actually recode the entire loot system to autoloot from what they have now.

It would also make the carrier kind of useless and there is definitely a certain satisfaction to seeing a mod on the floor, picking it up, and finding out it was something amazing that you were after compared to it just popping up.

Autoloot for mods is definitely not a bad idea though, but I think I'd still prefer picking them up myself (or at least... getting my carrier to pick them up).

Sucks to suck I guess. If you have to AFK, chances are you're gonna miss ot on some stuff or even get found out and killed by mobs; best just to leave the match and start again later.

Since DE had the great idea to nerf max mod instead of that why not simply make them "Auto-Loot"? no more lame excuse (i.e performance issue)

And putting that system make great in archwing , instead of looking the whole space for a mod , you can just keep going on your mission ...

Define your auto loot.  If you mean you pick up stuff by just being near it..  Um have that already.   If you mean that enemies that drop items and it just goes to your "inventory"  Ya. i'll pass on that thank you very much.

There's no point in just leaving mods lying around, if its a mission with a clear extraction point, you will be going by all the drops that you or your teammates would have produced by fighting your way to the end, so you would never hit the 50 mod cap.  

For Survival or Defense. your going to need to move around for ammo, energy, etc etc.  So again you would be picking up mods fairly quickly, unless you just don't move and spam one ability, then you are pretty much AFK at that point, cause if all you are doing is spamming one ability, and not moving whats to say you don't have a macro setup on your keyboard to do that ability meaning you aren't even doing anything to start with.   

helping performance for lower end PC improves higher end pcs, its a win win all around.  So, kindly, please and kindly pick up your stuff as it drops, and don't liter the map, the cleanup crews have enough to deal with, and don't need to the extra hassle :3

Edited by Tveoh