The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

75% Honor Of The Lotus Discount Burst In China

selfintrod

So for the past two weeks, Chinese players have been an incredible amount of 75% off discounts as login rewards. Some of them even got three 75 off in one single account. Here's some screenshots they took:

105932moo2wx2yqhzyjbbl.png

105935yw4s1wxsjr20ss21.png

105939dkkn6c3o7e2bo6el.png

105942cpr04810155l08j5.png

105945u2ur7w2uekydik2v.png

105948ahnlndxkr27n182a.png

105955sejkcc41gmk4tkcg.png

105959a3f2gsrofcohc32l.png

110004o83b4zt2422n8eot.png

110007na9lllzdvpgpf95q.png

I'm not quite sure why DE's making this happen for Chinese players(maybe something related to their partnership with Perfect World). But if you want to benefit from this discount burst, you can use some VPNs(preferably free ones) to mask your IP to appear as Chinese IP. This way you too can get a high chance of getting HotL daily login reward because the game will think you are from China.

And if you don't think all these are IP related. Most Chinese players that logged in on Oct 1st, 2014, the Chinese National Day, received a free Starburst Firework as their login reward. And the Chinese players that used foreign VPN while playing the game did not receive this special gift.

110012ntay2eejd0y4402j.png

Also, better act fast. Not sure when DE is going to change it back to normal. :|

Heh. To me 75% discount is like a myth, which I stopped believing long time ago. Havent seen it since the day I started playing warframe. And that is a long time ago.

EDIT: Also when I had put this into deeper thought and put some connections together (Perfect world... hint... hint). I feel like breaking something.

Edited by StarScribe

they is one flaw in your logic.

c53947c31b7a351f559a4081ff62b6fa.png

more population mean more login-reward? Never think about it? I belive a us player also get they own firework a certain day where a chiness player wont have. Myself I got the 75% twice (maybe 3 but I will say 2 to be safe)

Edited by Ninjamander

dude....they is one flaw in your logic.

more population mean more login-reward? Never think about it? I belive a us player also get they own firework a certain day where a chiness player wont have.

And there's one flaw in yours: warframe is not so "international" as you think

dude....they is one flaw in your logic.

more population mean more login-reward? Never think about it? I belive a us player also get they own firework a certain day where a chiness player wont have. Myself I got the 75% twice (maybe 3 but I will say 2 to be safe)

more population doesnt necessarily mean more warframe players. there could be a lower proportion of warframe players compared to the total population in china than another country, say the US

If this is intended, it is certainly for marketing. This just released in China, yes? What does the Chinese F2P market generally get addicted to? Things they invest money in. If it is cheap, they invest more. I think it's more about establishing presence in a market where F2P games range into the thousands, more than anything.

And there's one flaw in yours: warframe is not so "international" as you think

more population doesnt necessarily mean more warframe players. there could be a lower proportion of warframe players compared to the total population in china than another country, say the US

I will still belive a china player don't have more chance then anyone else, just pray the rgn god?

p.s. I appologise if my first post sound rude, was not my intention. Now I admit im curious to get more info about warframe playerbase. Having stats would be neat or idk.

I will still belive a china player don't have more chance then anyone else, just pray the rgn god?

p.s. I appologise if my first post sound rude, was not my intention. Now I admit im curious to get more info about warframe playerbase. Having stats would be neat or idk.

They had an info graphic back in march. Warframe does, in fact, have players in every country in the world.

If this is intended, it is certainly for marketing. This just released in China, yes? What does the Chinese F2P market generally get addicted to? Things they invest money in. If it is cheap, they invest more. I think it's more about establishing presence in a market where F2P games range into the thousands, more than anything.

Yeah Warframe has to compete with the billions of other Asian MMOs out there. Not an easy thing to do.

I've gotten 75% a few times myself, and a variety of other percentages in between.

I'm not sure how one would draw the conclusion that all of Chinese players are receiving a discount by default for their login reward just by looking at a few images of people getting them.

I would certainly invest more if I ever get more "rewarding" rewards for doing so, heh. Kinda odd to only reward people who have not yet been drawn into the system, and leave out the majority who are already part of it.

I've gotten 75% a few times myself, and a variety of other percentages in between.

I'm not sure how one would draw the conclusion that all of Chinese players are receiving a discount by default for their login reward just by looking at a few images of people getting them.

If you know a bit of Chinese go check out their warframe community. Talk about this discount overflow is all over the place.