Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sigils Need To Give Bonus Reputation When Worn

Vargras

Because until they do, there's zero reason to ever buy any of the sigils other than the one we start with. No player is going to trudge through syndicates and get the sigils before any of the weapon mods or warframe augments. It's just not going to happen.

These things need to give some kind of bonus to reputation gained (with that bonus increasing as the sigils themselves increase in price and complexity) so there's some kind of incentive to actually buy them, other than "they look cool".

Because until they do, there's zero reason to ever buy any of the sigils other than the one we start with. No player is going to trudge through syndicates and get the sigils before any of the weapon mods or warframe augments. It's just not going to happen.

These things need to give some kind of bonus to reputation gained (with that bonus increasing as the sigils themselves increase in price and complexity) so there's some kind of incentive to actually buy them, other than "they look cool"

The last stream confirmed higher tier sigils willl give more rep Soon, but not too much

The last stream confirmed higher tier sigils willl give more rep Soon, but not too much

I feel it should be enough of a boost so that if I spend thousands of syndicate points on a sigil, it's not going to hurt me too much in the long run. I'm not going to be delayed by days upon days from getting a weapon mod or warframe augment because of it.

I feel it should be enough of a boost so that if I spend thousands of syndicate points on a sigil, it's not going to hurt me too much in the long run. I'm not going to be delayed by days upon days from getting a weapon mod or warframe augment because of it.

I sure hope so too, hopefully its not a miniscule difference of like only 10 less rep points needed per level for each point though, that would be horrible

I REALLY hope they code it so that once you buy a, say, Teir 3 Red Veil Sigil ALL of your Re Veil Sigils will receive that bonus. Because I agree that the bonus added will need to be something significant to be even worth this alternation, but I do NOT want to to use the Assassin Sigil to get the best bang-for-my-buck while running mission. I really just don't like how it looks.

I REALLY hope they code it so that once you buy a, say, Teir 3 Red Veil Sigil ALL of your Re Veil Sigils will receive that bonus. Because I agree that the bonus added will need to be something significant to be even worth this alternation, but I do NOT want to to use the Assassin Sigil to get the best bang-for-my-buck while running mission. I really just don't like how it looks.

Agreed on this point. I like unlocked bonuses with higher sigils, but I don't want to see them tied directly to the sigil itself

Maybe the more sigils you unlock for X syndicate will grant more point?

But then each level of unlocked bonuses has to be significantly smaller than the one before it, which leaves either the overall gains from each not being worth it or the final tier giving you SO much extra Rep it's not even funny - and we all know that wont happen.

No, I think the best bet is to just allow for the Sigils from each Rep Level to give you bonuses:

Regular? First level

Lesion/Malestrom? A higher level

Malevolent/Covert? A higher level than that

Assassin: The highest level and most rep gain bonus

And, as I said: these bonuses apply to ALL Sigils of that faction once you have a higher one.

But then each level of unlocked bonuses has to be significantly smaller than the one before it, which leaves either the overall gains from each not being worth it or the final tier giving you SO much extra Rep it's not even funny - and we all know that wont happen.

No, I think the best bet is to just allow for the Sigils from each Rep Level to give you bonuses:

Regular? First level

Lesion/Malestrom? A higher level

Malevolent/Covert? A higher level than that

Assassin: The highest level and most rep gain bonus

And, as I said: these bonuses apply to ALL Sigils of that faction once you have a higher one.

Problem is DE already mention higher tier sigil wont give more, because people <won't use the lower one>. I will admit that I do no approve they decision.

Problem is DE already mention higher tier sigil wont give more, because people <won't use the lower one>. I will admit that I do no approve they decision.

I think sigils in general shouldn't cost any standing what so ever seeing at they have a rank requirement anyway..Or at least once you get promoted to a higher level you should be given a new sigil so you can show off your rank in said syndicate. That way there's no disadvantages of wearing a lower rank sigil period. 

Edited by xMilkychocolate

DE officially stated they are purely cosmetic but considering giving some rep boost.  Makes sense to me because things get expensive in the syndicate.  Considering the variety of sigils available per level perhaps each one could have a unique buff to it? Nothing crazy, just a little extra punch.  Allowing the tenno to chose based on style of gameplay.

And of course, who would wear a lower class sigil if they've earned a higher rank? duh.

Edited by J_Breezy

I offered a way to avoid this issue while making sigils worthwhile here:

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/338044-how-to-fix-the-sigil-standing-issue-and-keep-everyone-happy/

Essentially every sigil you buy adds to a multiplier that works with every sigil. So the more sigils you buy, the more of a multiplier you get. Sadly DE didn't seem to come to the same idea I did on how to resolve this issue.

I've been advocating a rep boost for owning them instead of wearing them. The more you own, the higher the rep boot. So you can wear the one you like most, and it still makes sense to collect them all. 

That's what I've been saying as well.

Edited by Grilleds