Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Request: Bring Back The Jackpot Feeling In Rare Containers

Cisor

While I was excited when people started to find store-only items in rare containers, I can understand the pain of those who bought those items as a way to stand out cosmetically. By reducing the exclusivity of those items, it also diminished their value to existing owners who paid platinum to obtain them.

However, I think this game element is still a really good one to keep people playing and shouldn't be abandoned, but right now rare containers don't have that million dollar jackpot feeling when you actually find them.

Here's a few ideas that I think might bring back that feeling:

200,000+ Affinity

5,000+ Syndicate Reputation

Good Rare Mods/BPs (You know which ones DE. If not check the trading channel for the WTB's)

Legendary Cores (Or some lesser version of this, significantly greater than Rare 5's)

Orokin Catalysts/Reactors

New Cosmetic Items (Either exclusive to rare containers or in-store with a disclaimer)

Rush Item Consumable (A non-tradable consumable that rushes an item in the foundry)

For things like the Mods/BPs the drop rate should be low enough that the average time spent is less efficient than trying to farm using normal methods to keep the game balanced.

Also, you could have seasonal/rotating/limited time loot table to keep things spicy.

RNG should be more focused on the occurrence rate and actual finding of the container rather than the quality of the reward, rewarding those who spend the extra time. It is extremely disappointing to search for them just to be awarded a mediocre prize.

If by any chance this is a possibility, please bring this feeling back to the game.

200K affinity can literally get you to rank up a lot.... No. A frame takes 6K affinity to rank, weapons need 3K so kinda pointless. If they added to total affinity you can get from 0 > 15 in one go.

5K Syndicate points sure....

Legendary cores neigh

Potatoes no. DE already lets them in alerts and that's how they get money.

Cosmetics sure as long as they're non existing ones.

Rush items seems like a neat idea but should have a limit of usage

Edited by izzatuw

Agreed, rare caches are and awesome addition for those of us who like to find all those hidden areas they can spawn in, but honestly most of the time they don't really feel all that worthwhile to find.

Also we need some uncommon or special caches that don't have super amazing stuff but still have nice things for those of us who like searching them out, right now the "loot rooms" basically contain a few rounds and some pocket change.

200K affinity can literally get you to rank up a lot.... No. A frame takes 6K affinity to rank, weapons need 3K so kinda pointless. If they added to total affinity you can get from 0 > 15 in one go.

5K Syndicate points sure....

Legendary cores neigh

Potatoes no. DE already lets them in alerts and that's how they get money.

Cosmetics sure as long as they're non existing ones.

Rush items seems like a neat idea but should have a limit of usage

You're confusing affinity with mastery points... Leveling a weapon takes a few hundred thousand affinity (might be a few million if I'm reading the wiki wrong) you get 3000 mastery points for leveling a weapon...

You're confusing affinity with mastery points... Leveling a weapon takes a few hundred thousand affinity (might be a few million if I'm reading the wiki wrong) you get 3000 mastery points for leveling a weapon...

I know for a fact that Warframe takes 900k affinity to go from unranked to 30, so 200k affinity can take off 1/5 of the grind, assuming all that affinity wen straight to the frame itself.

Edited by Xandis

I'd rather they fix them first.  There is an issue people are having that causes progress not to be saved when a mission finishes after opening a Rare container.

This needs to be fixed before they buff the rewards from them.

Yeah... this happened to me. I thought it was just bad luck that I'd happened to find one of these during the exact round that error occurred. I had a sneaking suspicion it was more than that... guess I was right.