Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Opticor Is Once Again Silent After 15.1.3

DiabolusUrsus

Okay, I'm getting completely weirded out here. I distinctly remember a note about the Opticor no longer being silent in one of the Patch Notes after 15.0. The wiki confirms this:

From 15.0 - 15.0.3 it was silent.

15.0.4 changed this.

15.0.9 reintroduced this. "Possible bug."

But... searching the 15.0.4 notes, the only mention of the Opticor is a fix for its color-customization related crashes.

I wouldn't mind it being silent, but it seems kinda broken for how much damage it does, especially considering that none of the Snipers are intrinsically silent.

Okay, I'm getting completely weirded out here. I distinctly remember a note about the Opticor no longer being silent in one of the Patch Notes after 15.0. The wiki confirms this:

15.0.4 changed this.

But... searching the 15.0.4 notes, the only mention of the Opticor is a fix for its color-customization related crashes.

I wouldn't mind it being silent, but it seems kinda broken for how much damage it does, especially considering that none of the Snipers are intrinsically silent.

Bows would like a word with you in that regard.

As to "broken for how much damage it does" also take into consideration the charge up time and how tedious it is to try and aim at moving targets firing at you with the opticor. There's some pretty good balance to it as it stands which supports it being silent.

15.0.4 changed this.

lanka is silent, but its a lackluster ; - ;

Bows would like a word with you in that regard.

As to "broken for how much damage it does" also take into consideration the charge up time and how tedious it is to try and aim at moving targets firing at you with the opticor. There's some pretty good balance to it as it stands which supports it being silent.

Bows are limited by being non-hitscan weapons. Bows draw from the sniper ammo pool. Most bows also rely on crit for their real damage output I know this puts their potential burst-damage wayyyyyy high, but I prefer weapons that deal their damage reliably. 

And to the post I forgot to multiquote... Forgot about the Lanka. Sorry 'bout that.