Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is There An Official "proper" Way Of Playing?

Orbister

A lot of people on the forums have been judging and condemning anyone playing in highly effective and coordinated teams, like if it was unethical, illegal, offensive or hurtful in any way, but the fact is that nobody is being hurtWarframe is a Cooperative game, not competitive. Yet people are rising forks and torches against players who are actually playing cooperatively and not being "ninja" enough (you know... jumping and "parkouring" around...) as i mentioned above nobody absolutely nobody is getting hurt in this process, because syndicate mods are not limited, everyone can get them as soon as they get enough reputation.

I would love an official reply from DE to answer (if it's possible) what is "the proper way".

I don't think there should really be a proper way though, because this game is good enough (actually really good and fun) to provide us players with the choice of how to play it.

There are some very specific weapons like the Stug or Tysis, that provide completely different tools from the regular pistols, rifles and shotguns, this applies to frames as well, you have regular damage dealers and complex strategical frames like Limbo or even Vauban.

The game provides variety in tools, that gives us freedom to choose our strategy...

So... is there really a "proper way"... if there is i will only accept what Digital Extremes proposes as the proper way.

If an official source comes and tells me that using my limbo to set up an energy source while protecting my team mates and buffing their damage skills with rift surge is not accepted, i will have to accept it, but i really don't like when an angry horde of people just comes trying to shove their own prejudiced opinion into my throat.

The amount of violence coming from intolerant players who aren't even getting harmed is just impressive...

And, i apologize to the mods if this wasn't the right place, i didn't find anywhere more suitable, but i might be wrong.

ps: i won't be discussing what is the proper way, you already know my opinion, i let others play as they want and i expect the same, if you feel like tearing each other apart like beasts do it, or don't i don't really want to participate in such activity. 

Edited by Orbister

If this is about the Viver usage I don't blame the players, I blame the Viver. 
Clearly, when comparing the rep per minute of Viver to even Defenses, survivals, and other larger/non Corpus Interceptions, there is a significant difference enough to say there is something wrong. Of course, there is something wrong with the way rep is built up in general. 
But, I see nothing wrong with using it while it is here, especially if one can do so, that's something DE does not punish, so we shouldn't as a community either. DE generally takes responsibility for the exploits in the system because they are the ones that let the exploits get in to the game in the first place. 
It's fine to use while it's around I say, just don't defend it to keep it around.  

If it's Viver, I will comment on it because just constantly spamming abilities in once section and not actually playing the way its supposed to be played. I won't force them to play in any other way, I'll just shake my head and then call them out when they complain about things going to fast for them and they got nothing else to do.

Otherwise, I'm a melee only guy who is an Ash. I'm the one person who cannot comment on other people's play styles/ team play styles.

Edited by TheErebus

A lot of people on the forums have been harrasing anyone playing in highly effective and coordinated teams, like if it was unethical, illegal, offensive or hurtful in any way, but the fact is that nobody is being hurtWarframe is a Cooperative game, not competitive. Yet people are rising forks and torches against players who are actually playing cooperatively and not being "ninja" enough (you know... jumping and "parkouring" around...) as i mentioned above nobody absolutely nobody is getting hurt in this process, because syndicate mods are not limited, everyone can get them as soon as they get enough reputation.

I would love an official reply from DE to answer (if it's possible) what is "the proper way".

I don't think there should really be a proper way though, because this game is good enough (actually really good and fun) to provide us players with the choice of how to play it.

There are some very specific weapons like the Stug or Tysis, that provide completely different tools from the regular pistols, rifles and shotguns, this applies to frames as well, you have regular damage dealers and complex strategical frames like Limbo or even Vauban.

The game provides variety in tools, that gives us freedom to choose our strategy...

So... is there really a "proper way"... if there is i will only accept what Digital Extremes proposes as the proper way.

If an official source comes and tells me that using my limbo to set up an energy source while protecting my team mates and buffing their damage skills with rift surge is not accepted, i will have to accept it, but i really don't like when an angry horde of people just comes trying to shove their own prejudiced opinion into my throat.

The amount of violence coming from intolerant players who aren't even getting harmed is just impressive...

And, i apologize to the mods if this wasn't the right place, i didn't find anywhere more suitable, but i might be wrong.

ps: i won't be discussing what is the proper way, you already know my opinion, i let others play as they want and i expect the same, if you feel like tearing each other apart like beasts do it, or don't i don't really want to participate in such activity. 

Exploiting a certain condition is not is not team play its exploiting and no matter how you sugar coat it it will still be exploiting. If that team play is really so high efficient then it should also work on EVERY OTHER TILE SET/MAP wouldn´t it? Oh wait it does not..... Why? Its supposed to be so efficient  why does it only really work on 1 single map?

Efficient team play: No matter which tile set/map whatever, it is usable since it relies on team communication and not external conditions

Exploits: Results rely heavily on external conditions, game play mechanics and a certain skill sets being used over and over. I.e. special game mode, certain type of enemies,certain map layout, its a textbook exploit and has NOTHING to do with team play.

But hey as long as you benefit from it its ok to lie in your own pocket and scream and moan like a 6 year old right?  

Edited by Hatzeputt

If this is about the Viver usage I don't blame the players, I blame the Viver. 

Clearly, when comparing the rep per minute of Viver to even Defenses, survivals, and other larger/non Corpus Interceptions, there is a significant difference enough to say there is something wrong. Of course, there is something wrong with the way rep is built up in general. 

But, I see nothing wrong with using it while it is here, especially if one can do so, that's something DE does not punish, so we shouldn't as a community either. DE generally takes responsibility for the exploits in the system because they are the ones that let the exploits get in to the game in the first place. 

It's fine to use while it's around I say, just don't defend it to keep it around.  

exactly my point... i don't care if Viver dissapears i just want to be able to play as i want as strategically as i want, and off course i believe that veterans should be able to be more capable than new players, not because veterans are special... just because this is a grindy game, we grind and forma our weapons and forma our frames, and put reactors and catalysts on them because we want to be more efficient... why would we even enhance our tools if we can't even use them?...

I also know DE has in the past said they want the game to be about the fluidity of the movement, that's why they've shot down a cover mechanic. So if 'standing still hitting a button, albeit in a highly coordinated fashion' is the highly effective way then it is in fact not proper. 
Unless that stance has changed of course, which it might have. 

If i wasn't clear enough only DE can say if there actually is a "proper" way, anything you, players, say it's your own personal and subjective opinion.

I'm quite positive that they'll say "People can play how they wish".

Developers don't like to restrict people's play styles in a game that lets people be open with how they play.

If i wasn't clear enough only DE can say if there actually is a "proper" way, anything you, players, say it's your own personal and subjective opinion.

"Spam E" is a way of playing?

This is called using melee which is a part of the game. You can use combos to vary things up.

If you wanna go that logic I'll do this:

"Spam left click is a way of playing"?

This is called using melee which is a part of the game. You can use combos to vary things up.

If you wanna go that logic I'll do this:

"Spam left click is a way of playing"?

I'll tell you it is... yes, off course it is, if it was coded into the game and it's fun and it's not officially discouraged by DE then yes it is.

My point was that i don't like melee, but i won't go hunting melee players because i dont think it is "the intended way to play", from my perspective Warframe is a Third Person Shooter, which also happens to have a melee system, but that is off course my personal opinion, for you it might be a "Katana simulator in space" who knows what anyone perceives it as, my point is that i will not accept anyone telling me what is the "proper way" unless it's the developer, the creator, itself. (not the person... just an official source i meant... : P )

Btw i don't think that melee is just "Spam E" i was just returning him his question. 

Edited by Orbister

Yes, the Official "Proper" way to play is to do so in a manner that allows you to have fun.  But of course this doesn't quite fit everyone as some people love to suffer a problem/torment then $#*(@ about it constantly on the forums to gain some form of inner satisfaction.

And then there are those who only get enjoyment through the torment and suffering of others, direct or meta.

Edited by KnotOfMetal

"Spam E" is a way of playing?

I'm referencing their past opinions. They've made it very clear they prefer players to be moving, although, this was a long time ago and I can't guarantee that's their stance any more. 

Which means spam E, by virtue that it requires players to move in order to be effective, is better than standing still hitting 2/3/4. Of course, moving and hitting 2/3/4 is totally fine though by some awkward usage of their definition. 

Edited by LukeAura

I'm referencing their past opinions. They've made it very clear they prefer players to be moving, although, this was a long time ago and I can't guarantee that's their stance any more. 

Which means spam E, by virtue that it requires players to move in order to be effective, is better than standing still hitting 2/3/4. Of course, moving and hitting 2/3/4 is totally fine though by some awkward usage of their definition. 

I agree, actually i just love coptering around (even though this was also unofficially an "exploit" until DE said they were OK with it) jumping, running, because it flows so well, but also, some frames play very well while standing... that doesn't mean it's the only way of playing them, but they do feel and play well while standing, or re-positioning yourself in strategic places, or is Vortex and "exploit" too?...

Edited by Orbister

the brakk fiasco right after gradivus dilemma was the most toxic warframes community got lol

but this viver syndicate rage is fast becoming a close second and might even eclipse it at this rate 

gotta be concerned when new content starts breeding hate and resentment instead of fun and joy 

I'm with LukeAura, have your exploit while it lasts. But don't defend it like thats how the game is meant to be. An exploit is still an exploit, no matter how much teamwork and coordination goes into executing it.

An accountant needs to be really good at his job to embezzle money, but it's not a very solid excuse to say he SHOULD embezzle money because he's good enough too.

If Viver was never an issue, we would not even have the lame excuse that the rep grind is too hard, because it would have just been a long-haul goal and people would be more inclined to just accept that and play the game normally, which was the point. Now it's all screwed up. So if you are running an exploit, know you are running an exploit, and continue to run the exploit, the least you could do is be gracious enough to accept the disapproval of the general populous without whining or lame excuses.

I agree, actually i just love coptering around (even though this was also called an "exploit" until DE said they were OK with it) jumping, running, because it flows so well, but also, some frames play very well while standing... that doesn't mean it's the only way of playing them, but they do feel and play well while standing, or re-positioning yourself in strategic places, or is Vortex and "exploit" too?...

I wouldn't even miss coptering at this point really, this new air melee just feels so good even if it doesn't carry one as far. I suppose it's nice to keep around all the same though.

A relatively small number of frames are encouraged to stand, and even some of them have reasons to move any ways. 

Frames that have abilities that complement, or can be utilized as movement, that 'encourage' movement in their use, 14 and a half frame. 

Frames that have abilities that are hindered by movement, encouraged not to move, 2 and 2 half frames. 

Frames that aren't significantly hindered or benefited by movement, 3-5. 

Strategic repositioning is fine, I'm sure this is partially why Snipers feel so lacklustre as well, there is not enough encouragement in hanging back and moving less from time to time. But when the game hits the point it can be played by standing in one position, something is wrong. Even Frost needs to jog to make use of his relatively short ranged Avalanche and position dependent Ice Wave from time to time.

Of course, this is a problem with a part of the design of the game/mechanics/abilities/maps/enemies, take your pic and mix and match. Not the players using it. 

Edited by LukeAura

I'm with LukeAura, have your exploit while it lasts. But don't defend it like thats how the game is meant to be. An exploit is still an exploit, no matter how much teamwork and coordination goes into executing it.

An accountant needs to be really good at his job to embezzle money, but it's not a very solid excuse to say he SHOULD embezzle money because he's good enough too.

If Viver was never an issue, we would not even have the lame excuse that the rep grind is too hard, because it would have just been a long-haul goal and people would be more inclined to just accept that and play the game normally, which was the point. Now it's all screwed up. So if you are running an exploit, know you are running an exploit, and continue to run the exploit, the least you could do is be gracious enough to accept the disapproval of the general populous without whining or lame excuses.

You are not an official spokesman of DE your opinion doesn't make it an exploit, it's your opinion, i am not whining the ones whining are the ones that oppose Viver powerfarming. and people knew syndicate rep was a huge grind even before finding Viver, because actually that's how they discovered Viver because syndicate standing is a HUGE grind and people were complaining about the chore even before finding how to get rep faster, people said the grind was too hard from the start.

No one has been harassing people about how they play.

You're being a drama queen OP and putting words and opinions in people mouths.

Don't play the victim when the only issue is whether or not vivers current functionality is a good or bad thing.

Its definitely not personal unless you make it.

Edited by StinkyPygmy

Funny how OP cries about people harassing Viver farmers for "not playing the right way" when the dozen or so times that I tried the farming thing, I witnessed these farmers being hostile and rude to anyone who wasn't farming the "right way".

But hey let's pretend anyone who doesn't like the Viver farming is "persecuting" people and eats babies while the farmers are the innocent victims. Also, I can see these farmers blaming everyone else when Viver is inevitably nerfed. It's obvious that it will get nerfed, it's not even a matter of people calling for it. No dev in any game has ever allowed something like this to go on for long.

No one has been harassing people about how they play.

You're being a drama queen OP and putting words and opinions in people mouths.

Don't play the victim when the only issue is whether or not vivers current functionality is a good or bad thing.

Its definitely not personal unless you make it.

That is your opinion, you are entitled to it off course, i disagree.

Funny how OP cries about people harassing Viver farmers for "not playing the right way" when the dozen or so times that I tried the farming thing, I witnessed these farmers being hostile and rude to anyone who wasn't farming the "right way".

But hey let's pretend anyone who doesn't like the Viver farming is "persecuting" people and eats babies while the farmers are the innocent victims. Also, I can see these farmers blaming everyone else when Viver is inevitably nerfed. It's obvious that it will get nerfed, it's not even a matter of people calling for it. No dev in any game has ever allowed something like this to go on for long.

I feel sorry for that bad experience you had man, i never had a bad group i organize them with friends or via recruiting channel, wanna play with me?

Edited by Orbister