Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is There An Official "proper" Way Of Playing?

Orbister

I feel sorry for that bad experience you had man, i never had a bad group i organize them with friends or via recruiting channel, wanna play with me?

Ok I appreciate that. But this whole thread is inflammatory. No one is inciting violence against you or anyone else. No one is harassing you. If there is someone doing all those things, please go report them and I'll support you fully. But please quit with this divisiveness thread.

Ok I appreciate that. But this whole thread is inflammatory. No one is inciting violence against you or anyone else. No one is harassing you. If there is someone doing all those things, please go report them and I'll support you fully. But please quit with this divisiveness thread.

You are right nobody is harrasing me in this thread, all the responses have been very productive (mostly) that's really nice, there is nothing to quit, because this thread has been constructive and civil.

To be honest. I hope everyone using this well known exploit gets everything obtained from the exploit taken away.

DE needs to grow a pair... start punishing people for cheating. So what if DE messed up. We are suppose to tell them these things so that we all have a fair and honest game.

i am not dramatizing it. i told you "That is your opinion, you are entitled to it off course, i disagree" where is the drama in that?...

Dramatizing The overall issue in the OP, not my response.

What I'm noticing is that what is being said is not always being taken on board and rather, ignored or misconstrued in favor of melodrama and playing the victim.

Its hard to have a discussion in that environment.

Like someone else mentioned, if you are being harassed I'll back you fully.

These are all opinions after all and I definitely hold no animosity towards you, but I''m not going to sugar coat everything and will be blunt at times. 

Edited by StinkyPygmy

You are not an official spokesman of DE your opinion doesn't make it an exploit, it's your opinion, i am not whining the ones whining are the ones that oppose Viver powerfarming. and people knew syndicate rep was a huge grind even before finding Viver, because actually that's how they discovered Viver because syndicate standing is a HUGE grind and people were complaining about the chore even before finding how to get rep faster, people said the grind was too hard from the start.

If it wasn't intended and defeats the purpose of part of the game, it's an exploit, I don't need to be a spokesman to understand that. But who knows DE has a history of being very soft on exploits. Coptoring eventually became accepted as gameplay, and even Speed Nova was given the nod. They stopped being exploits when DE said they were fine, and not before.

We'll just see on this one.

There is no right way to play a game. People who farm Viver is not wrong.

What really borders me is people calling Viver farming as good teamwork. What people do in Viver is hardly teamwork, it's just a highly efficient tactic. Something like a production line of a factory, people just do what they need to do repeatedly. No communication, you don't need special traits or knowledge. It is the lowest level of teamwork.

If Viver really is the best teamwork warframe can get, i think DE failed pretty miserably on making a coop game. 

Edited by victor_victory

"I don't like the way others play because they don't play the way I want, so I will harass the living cr*p out of them until either they play like me or somebody/something else forces them to."

Yeah, this looks like a problem. Because there isn't really a "proper" way of playing videogames.

Most often some players are enforcing rules that seemingly come out of nowhere, because they otherwise don't (or can't) benefit from the situation. So you will see "no this", "no that", "you are doing it wrong", and so on. Ironic how they were as knowledgeable as the others, then suddenly they act like the authority.

I would be a hypocrite if I said that there is nothing in the Warframe meta that boggles my mind, such as travelling by swirling in the air with melee, or using certain gear ONLY because "all else is crap". But these choices have a true and tried practical reason behind, who am I to say that "it's not the way it's meant to be played", since they pose no damage to me or to others?

I can't decide for every single player to NOT be the gold-plated Iron Skin Rhino with Boltor Prime zorencoptering a whole map in under two minutes.

And why should I ever care?

(and this applies to the Viver situation as well, since many people believe there aren't enough topics enough)

Edited by Vintovka

i, of course, am not a DE staff member. but i'd like to share, if you are interested, my own idea of "proper way of playing".

FUN. the proper way of playing the game is by having FUN. if you are not having fun, threre are only 2 posible explanations (well, theres more actually but lets focus on the roots):

1- you are doing something wrong

2- the game is not what you are looking for.

lets expand on this ideas and have a closer look.

Nobody should blame or harass you for having fun while using your play style as long as:

A- you are not ruining other ppl's gameplay (by killing everything and rushing i.e)

B- you are not exploiting a flaw in the game in order to obtain benefits, especially if those benefits are meant to be earned by other means that are not that particular exploit. (which would need to be fixed or officially approved)

now, if any of these points are the reason why you are feeling "harassed" for, i humbly invite you to be truly honest and answer these questions to yourself: why do i need to skip or speed up game content through exploits? do i not find the game and it's content fun to play? am i capable of letting other ppl have fun when our play styles dont match? dare you take a leap of faith, or become an old man, filled with regret, waiting to die alone? (oops, sorry. thats for another job :P lol)

whatever your answers are, remember, if there is something you dont like about the game and it's content, you can always make a contructive post providing feedback on why you dont like the way things are and, if posible, how would you change them.

have a good one tenno readers. and above all, have FUN.

may the lotus be with you.

The proper way of playing? I think before we talk about stuff such as "exploiting" or efficiency, it's better to talk about balance.

If there's ony one effective way of playing, then many players will see no point in taking other paths. This is Warframe right now. They would seemly "exploit" (although not really, it's ingame) the best things to do, and enforce it upon other players through influence or self-made rules.

However, there's no proper way to play. There shouldn't be. It's just that spamming abilities are simply too effective compared to other aspects, it appears to many players as an "exploit" that DE should "fix". If there were multiple ways into this game, through BALANCE, then the fun factor would increase. Yes, it's not about "proper", but "fun".

But at the end, up to DE.

(inb4 ppl saying balance is bad for this game)

Edit: To put my stance more clearly to remain on-topic, I'll say this. OP, the main reason people disagree with you is because how your method is the most effective method. It completely takes away choices of the game if you want to play well (which means grinding more efficiently), and forces people to do such. As explained before, this removes choices from the game, and without choices would remove fun and diversity.

Talking about cooperation, people don't really think that your idea of cooperation is... correct. I once entered Viver with random people. No cooperation at all. Everyone simply cleared everything by spamming abilities. Excaliburs with Radial Javelins and Mags with Shield Polarize. They're using the most effective stuff, but they're not cooperating. As explained by others, spamming buttons and not moving is not coop.

Edited by Rorgal_Sina

To be honest. I hope everyone using this well known exploit gets everything obtained from the exploit taken away.

DE needs to grow a pair... start punishing people for cheating. So what if DE messed up. We are suppose to tell them these things so that we all have a fair and honest game.

If they in fact say it is an exploit that will be understandable, although i'm not sure it would be fair, i bought boosters and invested my time, platinum can be refunded, but nobody can refund time.

If it wasn't intended and defeats the purpose of part of the game, it's an exploit, I don't need to be a spokesman to understand that. But who knows DE has a history of being very soft on exploits. Coptoring eventually became accepted as gameplay, and even Speed Nova was given the nod. They stopped being exploits when DE said they were fine, and not before.

We'll just see on this one.

No, they start being exploits when DE says it, otherwise i could just say that spamming desecrate it's an exploit and i doubt anyone would agree, and i wouldn't even say it because my opinion and yours are not enough, i am not DE staff and you aren't either.

Edited by Orbister

Dramatizing The overall issue in the OP, not my response.

What I'm noticing is that what is being said is not always being taken on board and rather, ignored or misconstrued in favor of melodrama and playing the victim.

Its hard to have a discussion in that environment.

Like someone else mentioned, if you are being harassed I'll back you fully.

These are all opinions after all and I definitely hold no animosity towards you, but I''m not going to sugar coat everything and will be blunt at times. 

Again i disagree, i don't see any drama, i see a civil and constructive conversation and then you... saying there is drama that i don't see, seriously, why not stay on topic? maybe you have something valuable to share.

Efficient tactic is the result of planning, planning needs communication and agreement.

But if this tactic is simply standing still and using abilities constantly, what point is ti for the weapons that you have with you?

You call it an efficient tactic, but it isn't a "fun" (I use quotes for subjectivity) tactic. 

i, of course, am not a DE staff member. but i'd like to share, if you are interested, my own idea of "proper way of playing".

FUN. the proper way of playing the game is by having FUN. if you are not having fun, threre are only 2 posible explanations (well, theres more actually but lets focus on the roots):

1- you are doing something wrong

2- the game is not what you are looking for.

lets expand on this ideas and have a closer look.

Nobody should blame or harass you for having fun while using your play style as long as:

A- you are not ruining other ppl's gameplay (by killing everything and rushing i.e)

B- you are not exploiting a flaw in the game in order to obtain benefits, especially if those benefits are meant to be earned by other means that are not that particular exploit. (which would need to be fixed or officially approved)

now, if any of these points are the reason why you are feeling "harassed" for, i humbly invite you to be truly honest and answer these questions to yourself: why do i need to skip or speed up game content through exploits? do i not find the game and it's content fun to play? am i capable of letting other ppl have fun when our play styles dont match? dare you take a leap of faith, or become an old man, filled with regret, waiting to die alone? (oops, sorry. thats for another job :P lol)

whatever your answers are, remember, if there is something you dont like about the game and it's content, you can always make a contructive post providing feedback on why you dont like the way things are and, if posible, how would you change them.

have a good one tenno readers. and above all, have FUN.

may the lotus be with you.

Dude, you are awesome, this is what we need, communication, asking question, i will tell you my personal experience with Viver, first i was invited to play as Excalibur, it was BOOOORING i admit it, but then i was invited to play as Limbo, here is what i did:

I cast Cataclysm, for defense and energy regeneration.

Then i cast banish on my partner (because it stacks with cataclysm, not sure if that is intended or not, but it works) although it wasn't really necessary

Then i cast Rift walk on myself, so i got extra energy regen as well.

When i have abundant energy i start using Rift Surge as well, for extra damage.

As my partner had plenty of energy already i started using banish on enemies outside of Cataclysm to help with damage.

My job was to keep our defense up (Cataclysm) and providing energy (Cataclysm as well and/or Banish)

And also Buffing our damage with Rift Surge.

I had a Blast! and for the longest time in Warframe i was using all my Abilities, and not just because, i was using them because they were useful and made a difference, it was fun, intense and rewarding, a couple of times we had to re-position, but those "failure" moments were part of the fun too, people think that power farming is "spamming 4" it is for Excalibur, but in my personal experience with limbo it was awesome, and i felt great, it reminded me to when i used to fear Grineers with my noobie Excal, i was paying attention to what was going on instead of copter-slaughtering my way to extraction.

I don't really care about Viver, but i would like if there were more opportunities to play support frames like Limbo in such an engaging way.

On the other hand i know playing as trinity is not "spamming 4" either, Trin players have to actually engage in combat to use energy vampire, so they just can't let the damage dealers kill everything, else there's no energy for them.

Playing as Excal is boring, yes, but what else can an Excal do in that situation?... Limbo is the first frame to actually cast an energy source on the map... it's quite obvious that the result will be people using that energy for their own skills... 

Thanks to your question we got to an interesting point, maybe the problem is not Viver? maybe it's excalibur ridiculously OP radial javelin... it spawns at the enemies... that's crazy...

May the Lotus be with you too fellow Tenno (Although as Arbiter i don't really follow her anymore...but we are in good terms : P )

Edited by Orbister

Talking about cooperation, people don't really think that your idea of cooperation is... correct. I once entered Viver with random people. No cooperation at all. Everyone simply cleared everything by spamming abilities. Excaliburs with Radial Javelins and Mags with Shield Polarize. They're using the most effective stuff, but they're not cooperating. As explained by others, spamming buttons and not moving is not coop.

If working together to achieve a result that can't be achieved individually isn't cooperation then please tell me what is... i agree with what you say about balance btw.

Also i never play this way in public games i public games i flow with it, becuase as nobody likes to be told how to play i just "read" the rythm of each public game and try to contribute the best i can with whatever frame i´m using at the moment.

Edited by Orbister

But if this tactic is simply standing still and using abilities constantly, what point is ti for the weapons that you have with you?

You call it an efficient tactic, but it isn't a "fun" (I use quotes for subjectivity) tactic. 

Snipers stand still and wait for the right moment to shoot, that is tactical. And i have said over and over that i had fun, please tell me how many times i need to say it so i just post them altogether in one post. Also see my descriptive post about Limbo a couple of posts above.

Edited by Orbister

Snipers stand still and wait for the right moment to shoot, that is tactical. And i have said over and over that i had fun, please tell me how many times i need to say it so i just post them altogether in one post. Also see my descriptive post about Limbo a couple of posts above.

I used fun in a subjective sense, because it isn't fun for me nor is it fun for others.

Ok cool, snipers can attack them. But when you have other frames using their abilities to remove them quicker than the sniper, it makes them useless.

I read it, it seemed quite tactical indeed.

But this just limits it down to one frame. Not every frame can be used in this manner, Ash is a prime example of him not having a place in this kind of play as his abilities are made for offensive strikes, not for support/defense.

Even if it was strategized(I think its the word) and planned etc, in my must humble opinion how can exploiting spawn points be considered 'playing' I mean, all people are doing is spamming 4 while other players that don't access the forums as much or starters that play the game without the knowledge of 'Viver farming' are gaining loot/exp 100x less efficiently, I mean I get it and I saw videos of it, and whoever thought of the idea is one clever SOAB, but its still taking advantage of a 'poorly'(I guess?) designed spawn points, I guess it's more DE's fault that anything but even so the players knew DE wouldnt like it, but they still did it anyway.

This is my opinion, I don't mean to talk down on anyone who used this strategy, I also may be wrong.

Edited by Arkuno

Even if it was strategized(I think its the word) and planned etc, in my must humble opinion how can exploiting spawn points be considered 'playing' I mean, all people are doing is spamming 4 while other players that don't access the forums as much or starters that play the game without the knowledge of 'Viver farming' are gaining loot/exp 100x less efficiently, I mean I get it and I saw videos of it, and whoever thought of the idea is one clever SOAB, but its still taking advantage of a 'poorly'(I guess?) designed spawn points, I guess it's more DE's fault that anything but even so the players knew DE wouldnt like it, but they still did it anyway.

This is my opinion, I don't mean to talk down on anyone who used this strategy, I also may be wrong.

Did you even read my explanation of how i play Limbo? 

Did you even read my explanation of how i play Limbo? 

Just because YOU played it strategically and acted as a team player doesn't mean everyone else will. 

When I went towards the grind in 5 of the 7 grinds I went on, it turned out to just be me and everyone else spamming their abilities constantly in one spot. If I detracted from that spot, I'd get scolded.

I used fun in a subjective sense, because it isn't fun for me nor is it fun for others.

Ok cool, snipers can attack them. But when you have other frames using their abilities to remove them quicker than the sniper, it makes them useless.

I read it, it seemed quite tactical indeed.

But this just limits it down to one frame. Not every frame can be used in this manner, Ash is a prime example of him not having a place in this kind of play as his abilities are made for offensive strikes, not for support/defense.

That's right, i probably see things this way because i actually had fun and used Limbo's full skillset, and i actually said that the one time i played as Excalibur was boring, i also mentioned that i don't join public games with that Limbo Loadout, the only times i did this i was playing in a full pre assembled group, if i was to play with you i would bring my ash too and we would just bladestorm the place up, cause Ash it's just awesome, one of my top 3 frames.

Ironically bladestorming is spamming 4 lol... the same thing that people have been accusing powerfarmers of doing, although i use a lot of smokescreen too, mainly for stunning and shurikens to kill isolated targets.

Just because YOU played it strategically and acted as a team player doesn't mean everyone else will. 

When I went towards the grind in 5 of the 7 grinds I went on, it turned out to just be me and everyone else spamming their abilities constantly in one spot. If I detracted from that spot, I'd get scolded.

yea that gotta suck... i can only advise you to play with more friendly people... i don't know what else i can say.

Btw i think we just isolated another problem i am completely against power farmers forcing their style on others, that is in fact a problem, in my opinion powefarming is only good among players you get along with and can trust in each other.

Edited by Orbister