Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is There An Official "proper" Way Of Playing?

Orbister

I don't see any problem with Viver. The players figured out how to maximize effectiveness in that particular map. Is that not the same as a max range Nekros, or a speed Nova? Highly specialized builds should not be punished, nor should players be punished for utilizing them in a way that's beneficial to them. The fact we have tabs for our frames and weapons also implies that having different builds is normal, which makes all the brouhaha even dumber.

Also anyone that says this is an exploit has clearly never seen an actual exploit. Is having max range for powers an exploit? Is having energy restores, a Limbo/Trinity for energy refills an exploit? Because that's what you're telling me.

It's an effective spot, it'll get nerfed like everything else. Why are we in such a collective uproar?

What I will say though it no one has the right to condemn how others play. If it's a really small map and I have a ton of range, well S#&$ happens. Don't be 'that guy' come down on people for not having enough video game honor.

It's not even an exploit, no one is breaking spawns or glitching the map, It's just the right set of circumstances to wreck face. 

It's an effective spot, it'll get nerfed like everything else. Why are we in such a collective uproar?

What I will say though it no one has the right to condemn how others play. If it's a really small map and I have a ton of range, well S#&$ happens. Don't be 'that guy' come down on people for not having enough video game honor.

It's not even an exploit, no one is breaking spawns or glitching the map, It's just the right set of circumstances to wreck face. 

Im sure DE has an idea of the amount of XP they want people to earn from a single node. If the community finds a way to exploit that node, its in DE right to fix it.

whats so difficult to understand about that? I would expect any loop hole to be fixed in a game. Thats how its always been. 

Im sure DE has an idea of the amount of XP they want people to earn from a single node. If the community finds a way to exploit that node, its in DE right to fix it.

whats so difficult to understand about that? I would expect any loop hole to be fixed in a game. Thats how its always been. 

And what's DE's idea of the "right" amount of XP from a single mission exactly? 1-2k in a 1hr T4S run? No, thanks.

I'm going to keep this very short for once (I'll try to anyway).

There are very few people "condemning" people for their "playstyle" of sitting in one spot refusing to move and just spamming skills over and over and over.

Most people do not agree with the infinite spawn mechanics of Viver and being able to literally gain an infinite amount of rep with very little risk to failure because the enemies never get stronger. The "you're not playing properly" is an extremely simple concept when it comes to Viver. What is the objective of the map? Capture points to decode intel. What are people doing? Not capturing points so they can exploit the infinite spawn mechanics and as a result get infinite amounts of exp/rep. That is where the sentiment of "you're not playing the objective/mission the way it was intended" comes from. It doesn't even have anything to do with your playstyle, it has to do with the mission being exploitable.

With that said, I don't care if people go out of their way to find exploits. This is a beta, we are supposed to do that. I don't look down at people for discovering these things, hell I don't even really look down at them for exploiting them because I know DE doesn't really care so why should I? I don't recall them punishing many people, if anyone, for finding and exploiting game mechanics until they were fixed or okay'd by them. Even in events.

The rep gains I've already discussed several times so I'm not even going to get into it. I've said what I had to say about it and anyone can see themselves that getting 10-50x more rep than you can anywhere else should raise a red flag.

Edited by Seraphyx

My 2 cents on the matter:

There is only ONE proper way to play, and that is what = FUN for you. 

This is a game.  The last time I stopped having fun while playing a "GAME", I probably threw the board accross the room and quit.  Then got up angry and probably stepped on the the Monopoly Thimble piece on accident and wraithed in Agony for about 15 minutes....

With that said, I think there are a few lines that can be crossed when it comes to calling something "proper" or not.

Just because you CAN -- should you keep some one in stasis indefinitely with Limbo?  No, I don't think so. - Some would probably disagree.

Just because you CAN -- should you keep switch teleporting someone over and over and over?  No! - Some will disagree with this as well I am sure.

Just because you CAN -- should you do these 2 things to VERY close friends every once in a while for some laughs?  Absolutely!!!!!!!!!!!!!  -- I actually miss the days when rare cores didn't show as "rare" and I could say hey man rare 5 core over here!  

My friend then runs over the river and through the woods to grandmothers house to receive an "ammo drum"  and we all laugh about it.

I personally do not think that anyone is incapable of discerning what is "proper" and what is not "proper" with people you don't know extremely well or in a public game.  People that do these things are simply trolls, and somehow get joy out of making others miserable.  So just mark them on your ignore list and move on.  

the way I see it is, everything I do in the game is to try to win and benefit my squad.  If some one chooses not to play with me because of the way that I play, that is fine!  It is their right and their decision, and it will not effect the fun I have in this game in any way now, or any time in the future!  They can either let me know via a quick chat message so that I can change up what I am doing a bit, or they can rage quit.

I will say one thing, before you rage quit because someone is using Limbo - we aren't all trolls.  Try typing in chat that you don't like to be banished and I promise you, I will not, and many others will not banish you if you just nicely ask!  

That's my 2c... well dang I guess I put a whole dollar in on this one :-)

Edited by (PS4)Crackle2012
Typos / Grammar

When you can't stand in one place and spam abilities to lock down a map then you'll know that DE is telling you "That is the wrong way to play"

Until then I doubt anyone who currently farms Viver will listen, so it's up to DE.

No, you are saying it, not DE, you are judging based on your own opinion, i invite you to read my description of how i play with limbo in there.

It is not team work. It should not be teamwork.

In an ODD I did I was a Vauban with a Frost, a Limbo, and someone else I can't remember. We failed because I was the Vortex spam guy, and I went outside Limbo's bubble too much and got my energy taken by disrupting ancients. That's a failure of teamwork and strategy simple as that.

This whole coordination of mag-excal-trinity? It sickens me. They say it's clever but it's just slapping Corrupted mods on S#&$.

why does it sicken you? how is it that a video game can affect you that much?... how do you feel about the players using that strategy?

Off course they are in their right but they didn't start this lame Witch hunt, they didn't even say they agree with all the haters that this is an exploit.

why does it sicken you? how is it that a video game can affect you that much?... how do you feel about the players using that strategy?

^ ppl are funny =P

but yeah i dont think there is a specific way to play this game

i dont see ppl with problems from other games where you can make macros and just press one button to do a complete combination of abilities

Yes there is

have fun and don't mess with other people's  experience  , be a team player most of all :)

^ no truer words have been spoken by a game player
Edited by sekushiiandee

I still don't get why ppl care how others play the game. Before viver was changed I could use banshee and stay in my 4. Having a team to lock down a map is no different than staying in banshee's 4. Or using nyx's 4 on a pod. Stop getting butthurt over well thought out game theory.

I play this game as a jungler

that sounds like fun dude ; )

My 2 cents on the matter:

There is only ONE proper way to play, and that is what = FUN for you. 

This is a game.  The last time I stopped having fun while playing a "GAME", I probably threw the board accross the room and quit.  Then got up angry and probably stepped on the the Monopoly Thimble piece on accident and wraithed in Agony for about 15 minutes....

With that said, I think there are a few lines that can be crossed when it comes to calling something "proper" or not.

Just because you CAN -- should you keep some one in stasis indefinitely with Limbo?  No, I don't think so. - Some would probably disagree.

Just because you CAN -- should you keep switch teleporting someone over and over and over?  No! - Some will disagree with this as well I am sure.

Just because you CAN -- should you do these 2 things to VERY close friends every once in a while for some laughs?  Absolutely!!!!!!!!!!!!!  -- I actually miss the days when rare cores didn't show as "rare" and I could say hey man rare 5 core over here!  

My friend then runs over the river and through the woods to grandmothers house to receive an "ammo drum"  and we all laugh about it.

I personally do not think that anyone is incapable of discerning what is "proper" and what is not "proper" with people you don't know extremely well or in a public game.  People that do these things are simply trolls, and somehow get joy out of making others miserable.  So just mark them on your ignore list and move on.  

the way I see it is, everything I do in the game is to try to win and benefit my squad.  If some one chooses not to play with me because of the way that I play, that is fine!  It is their right and their decision, and it will not effect the fun I have in this game in any way now, or any time in the future!  They can either let me know via a quick chat message so that I can change up what I am doing a bit, or they can rage quit.

I will say one thing, before you rage quit because someone is using Limbo - we aren't all trolls.  Try typing in chat that you don't like to be banished and I promise you, I will not, and many others will not banish you if you just nicely ask!  

That's my 2c... well dang I guess I put a whole dollar in on this one :-)

yes, i agree, i think that if 4 players are having fun playing the game in a way that it doesn't hurt anyone, then why shouldn't they do it? right?... as i mentioned in my original posts i also remarked that nobody is being hurt in the process, i even got invited to play as a limbo, it's not that i joined a public and started forcing everyone to go inside my cataclysm, you need to prepare the group before you start, the whole group.

Most people do not agree with the infinite spawn mechanics of Viver and being able to literally gain an infinite amount of rep with very little risk to failure because the enemies never get stronger. The "you're not playing properly" is an extremely simple concept when it comes to Viver. What is the objective of the map? Capture points to decode intel. What are people doing? Not capturing points so they can exploit the infinite spawn mechanics and as a result get infinite amounts of exp/rep. That is where the sentiment of "you're not playing the objective/mission the way it was intended" comes from. It doesn't even have anything to do with your playstyle, it has to do with the mission being exploitable.

According to you...Well, this is gonna be delicious.

See I play the same way when it comes to other mission types.

Capture mission? Get to targets, neutralize target, get out.

That's my mission.

Deception? Bring the data to terminal, insert, get out.

Spy? Get the data, get out.

And what do I see people doing?

Killing. Checking lockers. Breaking containers.

That's completely contrary to what the mission is, and what it was intended for.

Those players? Those players should certainly get the hate Viver farmers are getting right now.

According to you, that is.

I think however people want to play is fine.  However, DE are responsible for how fast/slow content drips into the game.  They intended the Syndicate stuff to be long-term grindy (much like they made Vay Hek keys a pain early on, or have made getting a Brakk such a pain).  They have the power to change this (tweaking drop/spawn-rates on keys, etc.).  

If the end result of the teamwork on Viver (or anywhere else) is that syndicates are capped too quickly for how fast they want that content released, then I fully expect that to be nerfed in some way.  That doesn't mean you can't still play the same way, but it means they tweak the rewards - which is normal if the actions of players don't fall within how they want the content to be experienced.

I'd rather the syndicate stuff took a long time and was more worthwhile (useful/interesting than a lot of the current offerings), and that unique quests/missions were available that made the path towards those goals more fun.  That's sort of a separate design decision that demands more time spent though.

I think however people want to play is fine.  However, DE are responsible for how fast/slow content drips into the game.  They intended the Syndicate stuff to be long-term grindy (much like they made Vay Hek keys a pain early on, or have made getting a Brakk such a pain).  They have the power to change this (tweaking drop/spawn-rates on keys, etc.).  

It does feel like they've lost a sense of progressive rewards with the Syndicates. They're very back ended in terms of rewards, which isn't good at all for their purpose as an endgame. They need activity, micro goals on the way to the end. 

Most of the 'best' rewards, the nicest looking sigils and the mods are all high locked. They could have done a little bit more in tiering out those mods. 

Every frame shows up at least twice in the system, so all they would have had to do is scatter them early/late. And create a couple of second augments for frames that exist only in the late section to give reason to continue investing. 

the brakk fiasco right after gradivus dilemma was the most toxic warframes community got lol

but this viver syndicate rage is fast becoming a close second and might even eclipse it at this rate 

gotta be concerned when new content starts breeding hate and resentment instead of fun and joy 

Refresh my memory on how bad it was? I can only recall the rhino/nyx nerf as being the worse. Maybe am blind, but frankly I don't see much "rage" on viver, just alot of paranoia on whenever there a hot fix and people hope Viver not involved. 

As for proper way of playing. I don't really believe their honestly is. It's really a random set of rules people make themselves on what they deem as right and wrong. I can bring my Latron P and my Mag to a inception mission on Viver and try to capture a point, and some guy calls me out not to cap and tells me I'm doing it wrong and wants me to do it in a certain order. Apparently I'm wrong and he right. So no their is no "proper way". Although being a "hallway hero" is something different entirely. 

Edited by Aeronomatic

Yes, the "Proper" way to play is to do so in a manner that doesn't get the game nerfed for everyone else who were having fun.

Or at the very least, don't come to the forums and be that guy who won't stop @(*()$ bragging about it until the devs feel they have no choice in protecting their grindwalls except to nerf what they're using along with everything in a 65m radius.