The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Coming Soon: Devstream #41 + Aftershow!

[DE]Rebecca

Syndicates don't really have much structure to them in terms of gaining rep. Most people farm a handful of maps for hours and days on end to get the rep, and the dailies don't come anymore near rivaling the gain people get from that. Will the sigil change be significant to warrant actual play, or will people just keep farming maps non stop for infinite spawns? Games like everquest and WoW have semi-harsh reputation gains in them, but have multiple ways to gain reputation like bosses giving a large portion, or wearing the right tabard and running dungeons. They even have items that just give reputation.

Are you going to try and mirror any of the ways that other games do it? The way it stands it doesn't reward high ranked players that have already been through the ringer grinding for gear and such and the system in general was presented in a poor way(ie viver).

Will we ever see more on the possible connections to Hayden Tenno, as evidenced by the Tenno language ("WHY THE HEK DOES IT SAY HADEN TENO EVERYWHERE?!" -My first thought when translating), Proto Armor (including Megan's forum post here https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/202706-march-28th-community-hot-topics/#entry2357155), and Devstream 10?

Not so much connections as a statement on whether or not there are even plans for a connection. It seems obvious to me, but some confirmation for the community would be appreciated!(:

(Sorry, big dS fan, had to ask!)

Edited by (PS4)NearlyDedicated

Can we get some love to the Hammer stances? Maybe 1 more combo chain to each?

And in general, I feel like combos are a little to hard to pull off - I can do it if I try, but when given the option, I exclusively do combos wherein I can hold right-click or a directional button and mash "e". In the heat of combat, when you're trying to aim and keep up with a party, and you've just re-modded your weapon and changed it's attack speed, timing is not your friend.

Also, another sword and shield type weapon/stance? Give Nikana a break!

Is it Skree Pyramid Head? I bet it's Skree Pyramid Head.

More likely Glen. Alad Skree is a level designer+voice actor, so there's relatively few, if any, questions he can answer.

Scott's always there. Usually next to Rebecca.

Nah. Read the OP. He's not listed!

Will alternate voice packs ever become real? I know it's been joked about in the past, but with so many unique characters now who could potentially lead us through missions (like Ordis, Darvo, or the Syndicate Leaders) is it a potential fluff addition in the future?

An actual Braton Prime buff imminent? please don't just give us a band-aid mod like those Augments, we want an actual buff to the Braton Prime.

Even though I am an avid and devout Braton Prime fan, this question must be cast aside, for we have a much larger issue.

On my thread (which is now locked), we were told not to be so reactionary to these changes, but yet here you come and start nerfing frames and ALL interception maps in response to Viver. Is this the new idea of fixing an issue? Rather than trying to cure the disease, you strike at the symptoms. Mag, Excalibur, and Trinity did not warrant these changes. Interception as a whole did not warrant these changes.

Viver is not the problem here, Syndicate Rep is. You have made it so mind-numbingly dull and boring to rep. But instead, of this, you try to find clever ways to nerf Viver, first by changing the location of terminals, then nerfing mods to 50 at a time, and now finally this, by hurting frames who were not at all in need of a nerf.  I hope that this is brought up at the Livestream for this cannot go unannounced.

It is humiliating and insulting for a company that we have always praised for listening to its player base, only to come around and screw us over like this, when we have presented so many solutions and broke down the issue to its very core.

Edited by Valafor

Primary Question: Overall, how do you feel the Syndicates are going so far seeing how its been a few weeks since U15's release? Will we be seeing additional ways of gaining rep (Something like the challenges that already give us xp maybe?)?

Additionally questions:

How is the progress on the Enemy of the Tenno winners?

Will we ever see the Infested Mios, the last melee contest winner, seeing how it hasn't been mentioned at all since the first two were released?

Is there any chance of us getting a "replay previous mission" option anytime soon? It would make farming a lot less complicated, and 5-mission invasions WAY less click-heavy inbetween runs.

Also has DE considered any possibly of a COD-esque hardcore mode, possibly with no (or greatly reduced) abilities and friendly fire?

Archwing gave us a working 3D movement system, as opposed to the standard, ground-bound movement in most missions. Might this open up the possibility of seeing something similar come along for the underwater tileset, sometime after it's been introduced? An open-water sabotage, for example, where we take out various sections of a grineer base from the outside.

Can you please make it so T4 keys drop in high level defense and survival missions in addition to interceptions? It would give us farming for T4 keys a little variety and make the grind go buy a little easier.

Edited by Gorg50

Dear All,

Thank you for the great free game. Been having lots of fun with it.

I was wondering is there going to be any Raid zones in the works? Are you thinking of doing anything like progression work for clans in the way of cooperative big zones with mutli bosses that allow big group of players to play and work together?

Thank you for all the great hours of fun. I hope to hear you read this post in your stream.

Yours Truly,

Glythan

1. Are sentinels and/or kubrows going to get skill system like frames have now ?

2. Will Archwings get a larger pickup area in the future ?

3. Will there be a easier Syndicate reputation gain in the future. 

4. Will you be added a favorite star (much like color options) for your favorite guns and frames to be on the top of the list ?

5. Maxed mastery is set around lvl18 right now as far as I can see, but there 12 more levels (aka 30) what happens when that caps hit ? Will there be a higher mastery cap ?

Edited by Shadow.Shifter

Q. Can hydroid's 3rd ability gain a self heal equivalent to the rejuvenation aura? He turns/submerges himself into a puddle of water so you could think of it as a self "restoration".

Q. A few devstreams ago, heavy melee weapons and shotguns will be looked at. We just received the heavy weapon buffs, can you provide any information about the shotguns' current progress?

Q. Will daggers and scythes get looked at? Daggers have very small range, crit chance/dmg, mediocre damage, and average speed. Scythes are in the same position as pre-buffed heavy melee weapons, they could use a slight damage buff but not as much as heavy melee weapons.

Q. Any updates for changing the enemy's accuracy? The recent unintentional buff to enemy accuracy makes hitscan weapon rather painful to fight againt, especially for fragile warframes. Not only do they have pinpoint accuracy they also shoot faster, especially elite lancers.

Q. Will the braton prime get looked at?

Q. Any updates on the new enemies that were showcased a few devstreams ago? I'm referring to the new infested units, and MOAs.

Q. is there an ETA for the new void music?

Firstly I must say between Movember, the upcomming world record attempt (I will be there), and the search for the legendary Prodman, this has been an awesome month.

Question 1:

For a long time I've personally felt that some really great level design has been put to waste by offering next to nothing of real value in loot containers. There are some really cool out of the way and hidden areas, but the payoffs for the time it takes to check these areas even when you know exactly where and how to reach them feels almost non existent. Are there plans to add more interesting or rewarding things to non-combat based loot? If I may add the syndicates seem like an excellent opportunity to add uncommon items or objects to out of the way areas that have value to players and rewarding those who like to explore.

If possible I would request that someone available take some time to look over this thread https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/340692-refining-the-syndicate-system/ . Although I recognize a distinct possibility that it has been seen and passed on, currently there is no evidence available on our side to know how well these ideas have been passed on if at all.

Question 2:

Syndicate mods, are you guys planning to add more creative and interesting effects for weapons as you get more time to work on them? What kind of cool things would you like to see from these going forwards?

Also in addition has there been discussion on properly categorizing weapons the way melee has so that we can add weapon type based mods to the options for syndicate specialties? I'd also hope this has/will be given consideration for the sake of mod function clarity.

Question 3:

What are your thoughts and the reasoning behind the notable delay after directional air melee and was this intentional? I personally feel this restricts melee more than necessary.

Also what are your thoughts on the limitations of downwards angled air melee? I love when I pull it off properly but I feel the angle is far too shallow before I get locked into a purely vertical slam attack.