Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Syndicate Sigil Incentives And Reputation Calculation

Altrunchen

Here are some of my ideas concerning syndicate sigils and the formula for reputation calculation.

Sigils:

At present the only real incentive to get new syndicate sigils is a cosmetic one. Now it's perfectly fine to have new and cool ways to customize the way your warframe looks. But it has become apparent that there is a divide and debate on the Viver sector and the ability to farm reputation there. However

that issue is resolved or dealt with by DE is not the topic of this suggestion...persey.

In the event that DE does nerf Viver, what if we had something that could make farming reputation a bit simpler to help compensate for the loss of Viver's potency? What if gaining the progressively more expensive (though not objectively better-looking) sigils, had a functional purpose?

Now I know that DE has stated that they may tweak the sigils to give more reputation depending on how expensive they are, but from what I have read those will be very minor if at all worth it.

I don't know what bonuses they intend to grant sigils, but here is a list of what I think might be more rewarding to spend reputation points on:

*Note: The reputation costs are as-is. They are not part of my suggestion.

-Rank 0 (Default sigil): +0% reputation

-Rank 1 (2500 rep): +5% reputation

-Rank 2 (5000 rep): +10% reputation

-Rank 3 (7500 rep): +15% reputation

-Rank 4 (10000 rep): +20% reputation

-Rank 5 (15000 rep): +25% reputation

-Rank 6 (12000 rep): +30% reputation

-Rank 7 (17000 rep): +35% reputation

-Rank 8 (15000 rep): +40% reputation

-Rank 9 (20000 rep): +45% reputation

-Rank 10 (30000 rep): +50% reputation

When these bonuses would apply:

To preserve the free-spirit of customization, you would not have to wear the sigil for the bonus to apply. All you would have to do is to unlock it. Earning a new sigil would increase the bonus to reputation to that level, the bonus percentage would not stack upon itself.

Reputation Calculation:

I propose a new formula for calculating reputation, one that is a bit more complicated than just a simple percentage of the total number of kills in a mission. Instead it would take all the end-mission stats and base the reward on that, this way people who play supporting roles in a mission don't have to feel obliged to compete with the dps players.

Enemy Variable = (Highest defeated enemy level in mission) - (Lowest defeated enemy level in mission)

This is not dependent on the advertised levels. On endless mission types, whatever the highest level of a defeated enemy is, that is used.

---

Tenno Variable = ((Average of tenno primary weapon ranks) + (Average of tenno secondary weapon ranks) + (Average of tenno warframe ranks) + (Average of tenno sentinel ranks) + (Average of tenno Kubrow ranks))/5

---

Syndicate Variable = (Number of hostile syndicate encounters in mission) + (Syndicate Alliance Overlap)*(Sum of Syndicate Ranks)

Syndicate Alliance Overlap = How many syndicate alliances do the involved tenno have in common? This is based on the worn sigils (disrespective of the sigil's rank).

Sum of Syndicate Ranks = The sum of all the participating tenno's rankings in their common syndicate. The first rank (newly initiatied) counts as 0. The highest rank counts as 4.

---

Base Syndicate Reputation Reward = (Syndicate Variable) * (Tenno Variable) * (Enemy Variable)

The syndicate this reputation applies to depends on which syndicate has the most sigil-wearing (doesn't matter which rank) members on that mission. Then whichever syndicate rewards the reputation, the normal mechanics of +100%, +50%, -50%, -100% based on alliances still apply.

This means you would have to communicate and coordinate reputation farming to make sure that everyone has similarly allied sigils on them. Furthering the gravity of the choice of which syndicate to ally oneself to.

---

Performance Variable = ((1/Damage taken ranking) + (1/Damage dealt ranking) + (1/Total Kills ranking) + (1/Headshot kills ranking) + (1/Melee kills ranking) + (1/Deaths ranking) + (1/Upgrades recieved) + (1/Abilities Used) + (1/Fire Accuracy) + (1/Pickup Count) + (1/Revives)) * number of players in mission

Each end-mission ranking is calculated in taken into consideration with this variable.

---

Individual Bonus Syndicate Reputation Reward = (Base Syndicate Reputation Reward) * (Sigil Bonus) * (Performance Variable)

Edited by Altrunchen

To preserve the free-spirit of customization, you would not have to wear the sigil for the bonus to apply. All you would have to do is to unlock it. Earning a new sigil would increase the bonus to reputation to that level, the bonus percentage would not stack upon itself.

I have been thinking the same, lately. I wholeheartedly agree.

I very rarely see anyone wearing a non-default sigil. I understand that DE doesn't want to make some sigil design obsolete by making a specific one better (mechanics-wise) than the others, but the cost in reputation is such that for now very little people would even consider buying.

This however would encourage players to buy all sigils of a faction (and equip them as they see fit). I am quite sure that, if that was the case, people would start making use of all the art assets, and this would be very cool.

DE, your sigils are all quite beautiful. Please give a reason to buy/equip as many as we can.

I mentioned a similar idea a while back that seemed well liked but got buried under other threads and was sadly unnoticed:

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/338044-how-to-fix-the-sigil-standing-issue-and-keep-everyone-happy/

Don't you just hate it when your ideas get buried under age-old warframe suggestions without any real discussion?

Don't you just hate it when your ideas get buried under age-old warframe suggestions without any real discussion?

Yes. That's why I've been pretty much whoring that link everywhere so MAYBE someone from DE will see some actual constructive feedback rather than the "DONT NERF _____!!!!" angry topics that constantly bury any attempt at offering reasonable suggestions.

Yes. That's why I've been pretty much whoring that link everywhere so MAYBE someone from DE will see some actual constructive feedback rather than the "DONT NERF _____!!!!" angry topics that constantly bury any attempt at offering reasonable suggestions.

Yeah, it's sad how you can put a lot of effort into a suggestion to DE and it goes completely to waste. It's almost as if it's not worth caring :(