Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Weapons And Statuses.

VocalMagic

Question

I need advice on weapons. Now, since I favor the Tiberon for my main weapon, I'm wondering about what to do for my side or melee. My primary, the Tiberon, is built for damage, as that's it's strong suit It lets me have consistently high damage. But, that leaves me lacking in procs. I still have my secondary and my melee, though. Which would be better for procs, a secondary like my Marelok, or a fast-hitting high-status melee, like the Sheev?
Secondly, now that we have status duration mods, what status procs do you think would benefit most from a prolonged duration, and on what weapon?
Personally, I think that prolonged duration on the Sheev would be pretty good because of the fire proc on slam working as a form of CC when the humanoid enemies all panic from burning while taking Damage over time.

5 answers to this question

With Tiberon? You want a fast reloading close-range pistol for dealing with lots of enemies at short range... Brakk or Detron for damage, Tysis for procs. They look very different so you could probably pick between those just based on how they look.

I have learned that to get the best proc damage you need to use pure base damage so Tysis kind of lost favor with me as that would be corrosive which only kills armor. At the point where I'd care, my group would be running armor remove auras, so this is really just a fancy way of getting damage. Give me a cold weapon like Glax and we'll talk.

I'm still not sure Procs are worth bothering with. Going to do some testing with them on the next few tacticool alerts compared to raw damage, but for general purpose nothing is going to be better than shooting it with your Tiberon and if you actually make a duration build, nothing will survive in front of your team mates to see the end of that duration...

THAT ALL SAID... here's where my head is right now:

I'm still learning about procs but so far I favor slash. Did you do the event recently for the slash mods? My understanding is that the slash DoT is based purely on slash damage and anything else doesn't contribute. (Note, I said slash DoT. When a proc lands it does an extra hit of damage. This uses base damage and gets a bonus from it's 'parent' damage type. The DoT's applied after that uses only the parent damage for damage per tic, according to know-it-alls in the Design Council chat who may or may not be totally full of S#&$.) I have also heard slash procs STACK where other DoT's may or may not... so I'm considering the following Dragon Nikana build:

Pressure Point / Spoiled Strike / Corrupt Charge / Killing Blow

Enduring Strike / Buzkill / Jagged Edge / Lasting Sting

This build would obviously DESTROY your power trying to get that proc to land a few times but you wouldn't need a proc melee build for common enemies, only something like a boss that you got a short opening on a weak point, or that has an invulnerable shield but not invulnerable HP.

Edited by VKhaun

Pressure Point / Spoiled Strike / Corrupt Charge / Killing Blow

Enduring Strike / Buzkill / Jagged Edge / Lasting Sting

Just tried this on Jackal without Spoiled Strike (Curse you standard D polarity!) and got some nice results. Obviously if you're going to go melee on Jackal he's not the hardest boss ever, but the point was to test the slash proc and it worked nicely.

I combo'd his torso and legs (Dragon Nikana hits an arc, where Sheev hits one enemy, so I could have lost attacks due to hitting his legs with Sheev) until I ran out of power, then ran away. He survived the procs with about 10% hp left, so I'm pretty sure that's a kill with the full build. Lasting Sting is not maxed either. I could take it up one more rank. With only 15% status base there were definitely some dice being rolled there, though. Results will certainly vary.

I spent the rest of the fight hopping over his rings and attacking the torso trying to land another proc. It took a while unfortunately, at only 15% chance without channeling, but he died from a single non-channeled proc once I landed one.

Procs seem to use crit. The last proc I killed him with tic'd for all yellow numbers... So there is that to consider. Hammer shot probably makes the primary slot the best for this thought process, but it's impracticality makes me prefer it on the melee weapon for beating on the odd tough enemy.

Edited by VKhaun

imo status duration is a waste of time, think about how long an enemy stays around once you've focused your attack, any attack, on it, and a couple of seconds is all you're looking at. not enough time to make a status duration build worthwhile, unless it's a boss. that said any good 2 Forma'd weapon will make extremely short work of any boss, so still the status duration mods are rather worthless. that extra hit from the proc is what we're after here.

i see more payoff building for physical procs over elemental, so i build for increased strength of the weapons main damage, which is your standard pure damage build, then adding increased status(if the weapon has a good status base) for increased procs of your main damage type.