Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Archwing 'planet' Nodes & Idea For Future Syndicatemissions

TheWolfMo

1st Idea:

Since i love the archwingmode i would like to see more nodes for it. My idea is the following. Add 1 or 2 new nodes to the starmap like 'Asteroid/Kepler belt' and 'Oort cloud'.

In these new nodes we will find more Archwing missions and 1-3 planet/asteroidbase missions.

That would give us a few more choices for Archwing missions and one or 2 potential new bossfights. (council immediatly said big spaceboss like a lvl 100 invulnerable hellion but that would be jsut mean (;  )

We already got a tileset that looks like a Asteroidbelt anyways. Just neds some tweaks on the background for this and some doadods in case you want it too look more Corpus (in case of Corpus AW Interception)

Lorewise it would be a good place for miningoperations where the Factions get most of their rawmaterial. And since its mostly space... Archwing time!

I'd rather have potential future Archwing nodes in a whole new 'planet' than just randomly added to a system. And as i mentioned above it gives room for new bossnodes aswell.

2nd Idea:

Now the second idea i had was how to make Reputation bit easier or at least more interesting to farm.

Atm ppl just abuse any map with high spawnrates like Viver (i do it too) since daily missions are not really rewarding and it mostly ends up in Soloplay since no squad is doing them (not to mention only 3 per day).

My idea would be add a few Conflict nodes where the Syndicates battle but only the ones directly opposing. E.g. Steel Meridian VS Perrin.

But considering the Lore almost all factiosn would require new unitmodels for this too work. Except maybe SM and PS considering that they are both desertes and could have access to standard grineer/Corpus troops.

And it would give all diehard fanatics of one faction a place to slaughter their enemy.

Anyways thats my ideas. Hope someone else would enjoy more AW missions and/or different way of earning/grinding Reputation

Edited by TheWolfMo

I like your first idea quite a bit, but I have a proposed alteration.

Open world.

We're already getting player hubs so I know DE is developing a miniature version of this feature. I'd love to see your suggested mining operations be done in a more open world environment where players can work together to deal with powerful randomly spawned enemies. The asteroid belt and the Oort Cloud would be great environments for this.

It could be an open space world for archwings and maybe we could even land on some of the larger asteroids to search for resources. Different asteroids would have differently generated resources. Say we found a large asteroid completely taken over by an extremely large infested organism and we could mine (with our guns, that is) it for plastids, nano spores (like anyone actually needs those...) and neurodes.

Nice idea! Hope DE considers it.

I like your first idea quite a bit, but I have a proposed alteration.

Open world.

We're already getting player hubs so I know DE is developing a miniature version of this feature. I'd love to see your suggested mining operations be done in a more open world environment where players can work together to deal with powerful randomly spawned enemies. The asteroid belt and the Oort Cloud would be great environments for this.

It could be an open space world for archwings and maybe we could even land on some of the larger asteroids to search for resources. Different asteroids would have differently generated resources. Say we found a large asteroid completely taken over by an extremely large infested organism and we could mine (with our guns, that is) it for plastids, nano spores (like anyone actually needs those...) and neurodes.

Nice idea! Hope DE considers it.

dunno if that would work out considerng everything else is in form of nodes and in terms of mission rewards/types.

but yea open world would be awesome too.

I was wondering if void and derelict/dark sector archwing missions and enemies could be added. Lorewise explanation: Corpus, Grineer, and Infested wander into the void already so their forces in Orokin space are just as susceptible to being captured (opens the door for prime Archwing stuff :3). As for the infested you could say, fly through the derelicts and exterminate or infested in sight before the derelict arrives to a planet or in a sabotage fly to the center of a derelict and destroy a large infested hive/tumor. Just possibilities :P

On another note:

Archwing sections in the dojos to test your stuff.

Well i can see dark sector and Orokin derelict happening since both are basically just planets. (dark sector can be fought around a rail). not so sure about the void considering thats its like empty space or something. but guess we could fly around a tower as long as the void wont tear us apart.

Yea well dojo archwing room could come hand in hand with a fireing range

• 5 weeks later...