The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Wednesday Hype! Are You Ready For 15.2!? (Ready Or Not, It's Here!) (R.i.p Viver + Excalibur, Mag, Trinity)

Valafor

Yes Update 15.2.0 is coming today! The update notes will have all the details, but give a heads up on dev's coming changes:

Changes are coming to Interception missions, notably:

- Points can no longer sit neutral, they must be owned by either AI or players

Changes are coming to a handful of Warframe abilities, notably to include a degree of 'line-of-sight' checks.

I strongly urge anyone immediately reacting to those sentences to await the notes + testing before giving feedback (I myself will be running numerous missions as well to assess the changes). Too many good Tenno are falling into reactionary profanity (and sometimes threatening) posts that offer nothing constructive and can be avoided if approached with Tenno honour.

Are we getting any Syandana, Armor Set or New Helmet?

I feel the ones being reactionary here are you DE, letting the rest of the game suffer because of one node.

Changes to Viver are needed, I agree, but those are more related to your very simple spawning system that players have figured out and exploited.

Maybe instead of going with the simple "players are doing something we don't like so we'll remove/change it" you do all too often you should take a step back and look at what causes these trends among players, in this case the ridiculous Syndicate grind (more than 1000 hours of playtime) that veteran players don't feel like putting up with.

The simple solution to your Viver problems would be to make Syndicate standing not directly farmable and increase the gained amount to something that allows for meaningful progression while doing normal missions. But that apparently requires too much thought and effort.

These hastily thought out and implemented solution do not fix the problem and only attempt (badly) to fix the symptoms.

Also the LoS mechanic will probably be bugged and unfunctional, introducing yet more problems.

Yes.

There has never been a problem with this until the potential to abuse Viver for standing occurred. The problem is almost definitely with Viver or with Standing gain in this case, not the abilities, not the players.  

LoS will severely damage the effectiveness of these abilities in the relatively effective at blocking LoS halls of corpus ships. 

Edited by LukeAura

Did we not just get Radial Javelin buffed to be less dependent on LoS? 

This is why we can't have nice things. It's a rinse and repeat cycle.

Every time we get something new or something old gets buffs, we can't help but abuse the oversights until the devs need to nerf it.

Edited by Grascen

I seriously hope that mag's crush isn't affected by LoS,

"shields down, OH S#&$!" rapidly mashes 4, enemies fly up in air, except tom who was standing behind cover in plain view, points gun at me pulls the trigger-

dead...

Proceeds to play the same mission with Valkyr Max Duration Build...

More crappy reactionary changes. I'm sorry but Viver was not the problem. The problem is the absolutely terrible way the Syndicate XP is earned. RIP Syndicates, it was fun while it lasted. Now bottom of my to-do list, after finish scanning every enemy in the game for the codex. Because lets be honest, the core problems aren't being fixed here, just a way some people min-maxed to get max farm.

Yes Update 15.2.0 is coming today! The update notes will have all the details, but give a heads up on dev's coming changes:

Looking at the state of the forums now, IMHO posting that heads-up might not have been the best idea.

The reason Viver is such a great place to farm is because players are able to manipulate the way enemies spawn and get a ton of kills and experience is distributed by those kills. Why not give experience based on the mission objective? Also, in order to remove the (quite frankly) painful amount of grinding to get reputation points, why not lessen the req's slightly. It's 5000 points for the first rank, and suddenly the second rank is 22,000 points. I haven't seen what the third or fourth rank req's are, but I imagine that they're really high. Perhaps the ranks can have their requirements lowered, or the reputation points you earn can carry over and make the grind just a little easier after ranking up. After all, we spend credits and materials to reach the next rank in addition to reputation points. Maybe make it so we still have to spend a few reputation points, but not all of them.

Viver was[?] for experience. It's an interception mission, which can be made extremely long by manipulating the way the it progresses, and by extending the duration of the mission, more enemies are made to spawn (and consequently be killed). While I'm not suggesting removing experience from kills, what I wanna say is to give bonuses for experience depending on the kind of mission it is.

I seriously hope that mag's crush isn't affected by LoS,

"shields down, OH S#&$!" rapidly mashes 4, enemies fly up in air, except tom who was standing behind cover in plain view, points gun at me pulls the trigger-

dead...

Proceeds to play the same mission with Valkyr Max Duration Build...

LOOOOOOOL I went through this like 30 minutes ago except I was using Nyx

Edit: Heyyyyy I see what you did there

DE LEAVE VALKYR ULT ALONE 

Edited by Ishki88

Looking at the state of the forums now, IMHO posting that heads-up might not have been the best idea.

It might have been a better idea if they would have informed people earlier on their intentions on how to deal with the Viver bullcrap situation they caused themselves so that there could have been a "meaningful" discussion and maybe even a consensus (I still highly doubt it - but never say never) on what to do next.

But notifying people an hour or two before releasing the update containing said change is definitely too late.

Edited by MeduSalem

I strongly urge anyone immediately reacting to those sentences to await the notes + testing before giving feedback (I myself will be running numerous missions as well to assess the changes). Too many good Tenno are falling into reactionary profanity (and sometimes threatening) posts that offer nothing constructive and can be avoided if approached with Tenno honour.

Will you be using this same Tenno honor system when you claim the changes are being made for "performance reasons"?

For too long the human  tenno race has ignored the signs
Your planet viver is nearing destruction
Salvation is reserved for those who pass the tests nerfs
If you survive, an elevated existence awaits
Initiate phase one
Power up the bass nerf cannon...

FIRE!!