The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Wednesday Hype! Are You Ready For 15.2!? (Ready Or Not, It's Here!) (R.i.p Viver + Excalibur, Mag, Trinity)

Valafor

I'm trying to remain optimistic but after reading about the line of sight changes I really hope they're not making these changes just because of viver

Let's be real for once...you don't hope........you know for a fact that is the reason......a lot of you guys need to be hit with a reality check..not referring to you directly Rompido..but it's too much forced ignorance on this forum right now

Any patch is as good as the other, especialy when they include fixes that solves alot of problems.

Feels kinda lonely for being the only one who isnt going nuts on Viver nerfs.

Anyways, i hope that the hotfix will fix the founder icon on the profile menu, cant seem to see it.

Small suggestion here!

Can we give the following LOS nerf to our enemies too?

Eximus can't drain your energy behind walls.

Bombards can't knock you down with their ogris if the explosion happens behind cover.

Heavies can't knock you down if they can't see you anymore.(ie:I open a door a heavy start the slam animation, I back up and effectively close the door and still get knocked down).

Venomous Eximus Aura can't hurt us behind cover.

Edited by Alphafox

There is a dedicated Archwing Fix section for this particular update. Had a lot of good bug reports sent my way via PM from your fellow Tenno.

SUBJECT TO CHANGE:

Archwing Fixes:

Fixed description for Elytron’s Core Vent ability incorrectly stated that it hurts enemies.

Fixed an issue with Archwing melee weapons not extending when viewed in the Arsenal.

Fixed color changes on Archwing weapons appearing to revert when modified in Arsenal, changes now correctly saved.

Fixed Archwing parts loading into non-archwing missions.

Fixed Odonata’s Disarray not affecting Dreg Spheres.

Fixed Elytron’s Core Vent not affecting Dreg Spheres.

Fixed the activation of Odonata Archwing abilities not properly issuing 25/50/75/100 Affinity respective of ability used (1/2/3/4).

And maybe tradeable Elytron parts?????

Maybe....?

They can do whatever to Viver. I just want the engine to be stable again.

Nothing kills my enjoyment of this game faster than when it bluescreens me. U15 has been pain incarnate.

Amen to that. Better having a more stable game so everyone can enjoy it.

The more stable the game gets, the happier i am :3

Let's be real for once...you don't hope........you know for a fact that is the reason......a lot of you guys need to be hit with a reality check..not referring to you directly Rompido..but it's too much forced ignorance on this forum right now

Yes I know it's due to viver. And it's a damn shame.

Changes are coming to Interception missions, notably:

- Points can no longer sit neutral, they must be owned by either AI or players

Changes are coming to a handful of Warframe abilities, notably to include a degree of 'line-of-sight' checks.

I strongly urge anyone immediately reacting to those sentences to await the notes + testing before giving feedback (I myself will be running numerous missions as well to assess the changes). Too many good Tenno are falling into reactionary profanity (and sometimes threatening) posts that offer nothing constructive and can be avoided if approached with Tenno honour.

What does this mean for solo players? Because if this system carries over to solo gameplay, its going to be impossible to complete the mission.

Small suggestion here!

Bombards can't knock you down with their ogris if the explosion happens behind cover.

Heavies can't knock you down if they can't see you anymore.(ie:I open a door a heavy start the slam animation, I back up and effectively close the door and still get knocked down).

Yissss the sword should swing both ways muhahhahahahahahahahaha

What does this mean for solo players? Because if this system carries over to solo gameplay, its going to be impossible to complete the mission.

It means you've been screwed over.

But that's OK, because Viver needed a nerf, so therefore everything must suffer.

Small suggestion here!

OOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH RIGHTTTTT IN THE CHESSSSSSSSSTTTTTTTTTTT

HAYY MAKEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Woow.......that was a heavy punchline.....my sides man.........that would literally make me not release the LOS fix

wooooooooo that was good.........

sMCBvg3.gif

Edited by Ishki88

Yes Update 15.2.0 is coming today! The update notes will have all the details, but give a heads up on dev's coming changes:

Changes are coming to Interception missions, notably:

- Points can no longer sit neutral, they must be owned by either AI or players

Changes are coming to a handful of Warframe abilities, notably to include a degree of 'line-of-sight' checks.

I strongly urge anyone immediately reacting to those sentences to await the notes + testing before giving feedback (I myself will be running numerous missions as well to assess the changes). Too many good Tenno are falling into reactionary profanity (and sometimes threatening) posts that offer nothing constructive and can be avoided if approached with Tenno honour.

That... Jesus H. Christ, the first change, about non-neutral points - it does NOTHING. You missed the mark completely because the most effective and safest farming method involves capping 2 points for your own team early, then letting the enemy cap two more. More enemies spawn that way, resulting in more kills than in methods that involve neutral tower nodes.

Your change will literally force players to do the more effective grind method. Way off the mark.

I'll lay it out straight for you DE: Interception spawn mechanics in general are what makes Viver possible.

The moment you kill a group of enemies is the moment they respawn. That's it. There's very little(if not any) delay and if you spawn large AoE high-range, high-damage abilities, you can keep chain-killing thousands of enemies.

Implement a global 5 second delay on enemy spawns in Interception when enemies get wiped. That's it. That's all you need to do to "disable" Viver-class farming methods. No amount of rearranging Tower points or capture requirements will change anything about hyperfarming like that.

It's not about Viver - it's about Interception as a mission type.

And for chritsake, don't kneejerk nerf the frames. You can replace them with other warframes or certain weapons and still get several thousand rep per wave. 

You also need to ask yourself: Why did Viver become popular in U15? Why hasn't anyone else used it before if it was such a good farming spot for mods and affinity?

Because of insane Syndicate rep requirements. INSANE.

Not just the raw grind for reputation, but also the RNG involved in finding the needed items and Prime parts to rank them up.

It's complete overkill.

People will find another method to hyper-farm. Then you'll have to nerf some weapons or warframes again.

If you want to "fix" Viver-class farming, eliminate the root cause - which are those exact Syndicate rep requirements. THEN and ONLY then do the nerfs you plan to do.

I sure as hell hope you have something about Syndicates in this patch, or there'll be much outrage.

Edited by Yurilica

Heavy weapons got a buff, hammers are heavy weapons...

NERF HAMMER BUFF

Patch notes:

• NERF HAMMER NOW NERFS 100% MORE EFFECTIVELY.

• Scott's evil laughter and "better nerf Trinity" sound clips are now implemented on all nerf hammer hit sounds.

• Trinity nerfed

• Viver nerfed

• Excalibur nerfed

• Warframe nerfed

• Sarcasm added

• Don'thurtmethisisjustajoke.

If that's the case, I don't mind. But PLEASE don't nerf Excal again. He JUST got a line of sight nerf to his Radial Blind, putting line of sight on Radial Javelin ruins the change you guys did to it. Seriously.... And THANK YOU to all those complaining about Viver, and those who were having an ego measuring contest, to see who can get a higher score there. *Sarcasm*

Anyway, I hope we get an event or something relatively soon, I want to be fighting Balor Fomorians soon! :D

It means you've been screwed over.

But that's OK, because Viver needed a nerf, so therefore everything must suffer.

Everyone but the people who have reaped thousands of reputation, almost in the million marks...

...people that can sell the Syndicate Mods for anything around 300 - 500 plats.

I get really tired of creative players getting punished for using the mechanics in the game. I mean, it's one thing when people are using hacks, but when players are actively using the tools provided for them in the game-what the hell is the point of mods then, what is the point of ANY of it-I know the answer already, been around since closed Beta so I know how they'll respond to a situation where the grind isn't as long as it's "supposed" to be(Warframe is not a full time job).

No fun allowed. Viver will join the rank of Xini, because some people dared to use the mechanics available to them.

Guess it is easier to nerf things into oblivion than actually institute real changes to the syndicate reputation system that myself and 500 other people have suggested. Bandaid like fixes such as these are going to end up making even more people angry and this still needs a long term fix and revision.

Oh well atleast the Dev Stream will be entertaining unless they dodge all the angry questions about syndicates.