Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kubrow Help - Sunika's Savagery Broken?

Talaiar

Question

5g4BLaZ.png

As neat as these animations are, I am tired of seeing my dog lose the same grapple animation over and over again.

Question: Why does the Sunika Kubrow's Savagery seem to do practically nothing 99% of the time? While it does seem to occur about 1 time per 7 or 8 enemy encounters, it is still completely useless as my Sunika kubrow ALMOST NEVER kills or even hurts the target; all she does is get up on her hind legs, grapple with them for a moment, then the enemy throws her off to the ground next to them, and continues shooting me[size=3] - see below GIF[/size].

Yes, I have Max-Ranked the mod.

Yes, I have tested this thoroughly with only the Savagery mod equipped.

Yes, I took screenshots:

3S3D6Oe.gif

[size=3]
* The mission I was running in this picture was Terminus (the lowest level mission in the ENTIRE game.
[/size]

[size=3]
* The Sunika kubrow in the picture is level 30 and Potato'd.
[/size]

[size=3]
* The enemy she is grappling with is a level 1 Grineer
with only 10% health remaining
BEFORE
she grappled him.
[/size]

I have noticed Savagery actually hurt or kill a target [size=3](with a different animation)[/size] maybe once or twice during the last week I've been using this dog exclusively. So what I'd really like to know is WHY she fails to do ANY damage whatsoever 99.9999% of the time? 

P.S. Another bug I feel I should mention is the Unleashed ability: you HAVE to have it ordered FIRST [size=3](before Savagery)[/size] for your Sunika to actually pin down VIP Targets. If you have it last, your Sunika will cast Unleashed, run up to the target, and then promptly forget what he/she was doing.

Edited by Talaiar

10 answers to this question

My Sahasa used to maul stuff like the space bear-tiger-dog he is, but within the last few weeks I also noticed that enemies can override your dog's finishers.

I have no explanation, but it's pretty dirty, considering that having slightly better damage than senties is pretty much the only point of Kubrows right now.

I hope so too,

I have tried looking for this answer on the Warframe Wiki, and tons of Google searches, but it seems there is so much confusion and incorrect information about this mod [size=3](and its Sahasa counterpart: Ferocity)[/size] that there are no straight-answers.

As far as I know, DE has said literally zip-nadda-nothing about how these mods work [size=3](I wonder if they even know themselves)[/size].

I saw another player's Sahasa kubrow get up on its hind legs and rip the throat out of a Grineer Heavy Gunner, and I knew I had to have one. The egg hatched, and I got a Sunika [size=3](which I was happy with, because everyone says it shares the same animation set as Sahasa)[/size]. Buuuuut I have noticed my Sunika kill targets maybe once per 100 uses of the Savagery mod. 99.99% of the time, she just runs up to them, and gets promptly tossed to the ground like a sack of worthless potatoes. Not only that, but you can't even damage the enemy while they are throwing your dog around... so the mod yields almost no benefit, unless you count waiting for your kubrow to stop failing so you can kill the enemy a benefit.

I just don't understand.

Edited by Talaiar

last i knew finisher attacks only happened on downed targets and as stealth kills.   I think the grappling is a natural attack that kubrows can do.  Could be wrong though.

Ground attacks and finishers aren't actually the same thing. I think stealth is separate too.

Grappling is something only Sahasa/Sunika can do as part of their precept mods. Huras has a slash dash and the Raksa has terrify.

I agree with Jugganatha,

I have seen Sahasa and Sunika kubrows use their Finisher attacks on standing targets. My Sunika, for example, seems to bear hug Infested Ancients right before she insta-kills them. I have also seen another player's Sahasa kubrow rip out a Grineer Heavy Gunner's throat while standing [size=3](which is actually the reason why I started using kubrows)[/size]. I want to say I also noticed my Sunika do the same thing to a Heavy Gunner ONCE... but that would've been like 2 weeks ago.

I just wish Corpus and Grineer weren't seemingly-immune to her now -.-

[size=3]Note: I wonder if it could have something to do with the new enemy unit: Drahk Master? They do have a padded arm (left arm), which, I think, is the same arm the kubrows bite before they get thrown to the ground.[/size]

Edited by Talaiar