Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

De Please Don't Nerf Excal

OcelotVampire

I was really enjoying my proto armor Excal, even before viver became a thing. Just because some players (including myself) took advantage of 1 maps enemy spawn rate does not mean your should start nerfing frames. I might be jumping the gun a bit before anything comes out. However, it seems like the 'line-of-sight' checks are probably directed at Excal since they already did this to radial blind.

So please don't nerf him. Nerf viver instead, not our frames please.

I strongly urge anyone immediately reacting to those sentences to await the notes + testing before giving feedback (I myself will be running numerous missions as well to assess the changes). Too many good Tenno are falling into reactionary profanity (and sometimes threatening) posts that offer nothing constructive and can be avoided if approached with Tenno honour.

How's about we wait until the update hits to post feedback hm?

Sorry if that was overly sarcastic, but I'm kinda done with people jumping to conclusions based on small posts like Rebecca's.

How's about we wait until the update hits to post feedback hm?

I no longer care to wait, because if it is anything like radial blind it will be junk. Honestly another nerf to Excalibur is beyond what I am willing to tolerate. DE could have just flipped that viver back to infested and there was ZERO reason to nerf any frame.

Edited by LazyKnight

I was really enjoying my proto armor Excal, even before viver became a thing. Just because some players (including myself) took advantage of 1 maps enemy spawn rate does not mean your should start nerfing frames. I might be jumping the gun a bit before anything comes out. However, it seems like the 'line-of-sight' checks are probably directed at Excal since they already did this to radial blind.

So please don't nerf him. Nerf viver instead, not our frames please.

Check update 15 adjustments were already implemented on Excalibur:

Excalibur Changes:

Super Jump: Super Jump will now add invisibility to Excalibur while in air. Additionally, Super Jump will cause a small radial stun to all enemies around Excalibur when performed, similar to the way Ash’s Smoke Screen works.

Radial Blind: No longer able to affect enemies in rooms separated by walls. To encourage and facilitate different gameplay styles (like stealth), enemies aware of Excalibur within a few seconds, or enemies that Excalibur can see, will also be affected.

Radial Javelin:  All enemies within radius of this ability will now be hit with a javelin.  Instead of having this ability radiate out from Excalibur, javelins will now spawn directly around opponents. Javelins will optimize to find a point on each enemy that is safe to be hit, bypassing enemies that may be holding shields or otherwise in cover. There is also no longer a target maximum for this ultimate, meaning anyone in the radius will be an eligible target. Additionally, if the javelin does not kill the enemy, each target that survives will be put into stun for a brief period of time.

Not using any profanity in my post, or foaming at the mouth in rage. Just a polite suggestion incase the nerf is being considered. I even mentioned that I might be "jumping the gun" with this. It just seems to me that if they are making a skill line of sight based it's probably going to be Excal and I really don't want to see that happen.

I'm more hoping they fix line of sight problems with current mechanics. So far there are a lot of abilities that just flat out aren't effecting enemies behind cover or other various places when they should have been in other abilities like Stomp. I keep seeing mobile enemies directly within my area of attack shortly after activating a few AoE ultimates.

I'm more hoping they fix line of sight problems with current mechanics. So far there are a lot of abilities that just flat out aren't effecting enemies behind cover or other various places when they should have been in other abilities like Stomp. I keep seeing mobile enemies directly within my area of attack shortly after activating a few AoE ultimates.

Never thought of that. Perhaps they are making some skills line of sight work better and not nerfing others or adding it to them. This makes me worry less about tonights update.

Never thought of that. Perhaps they are making some skills line of sight work better and not nerfing others or adding it to them. This makes me worry less about tonights update.

Considering how fast they are with nerfing "broken" stuff and how slow they are buffing "underpowered" stuff, i highly doubt that. Especially since they bring it out together with interception nerf.

Edited by Netheroc

I'm more worried about my Radial Disarm who is totally innocent in all of this...

Oh, man, I've been saying it since even Warframe was in Alpha that Loki needed a nerf just based on watching Thor movies.

Soon in order for Radial Disarm to work, Loki will have to send out a Cease And Desist notice to weapon carrying units to hand them in an orderly manner.

Or probably Loki won't be touched.

... I'm going with the second one. Surely Radial Disarm can't be used for evil ... can it?

I'm more worried about my Radial Disarm who is totally innocent in all of this...

S'ok.

Loki Prime is not a founders-only frame...so Loki won't get nerfed off the map.

They're killing xcal.

Today's patch notes should have read:

• Fixed the bug where Excalibur had a chance to survive while casting Radial Javelin.

Edited by Thaumatos

I no longer care to wait, because if it is anything like radial blind it will be junk. Honestly another nerf to Excalibur is beyond what I am willing to tolerate. DE could have just flipped that viver back to infested and there was ZERO reason to nerf any frame.

This. But now, again the devs believe they no better, than a gamer with hundreds of hours playing the game. "Well" done!