Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Update 15.2.0

[DE]Rebecca

Warframe Changes:

• Excalibur’s Radial Javelin and Mag’s Shield Polarize will now check for line of sight when targeting enemies.
  • Trinity’s Energy Vampire now only benefits teammates who can see or can be seen by the targeted victim (victims remember who they have seen for a short duration).
  • Banish / Rift Walk will no longer stack energy regeneration when used on targets in a Cataclysm bubble.

Look, I know that Viver was a nasty issue, but would it have been impossible to not hammer down on the four most-popular frames instead of directly addressing the issue itself? What you've done is reduce the already-relatively-low effectiveness of these frames in every other situation.

After the "You just made Viver harder for non-abusers to play" fiasco of last week, I expected you to at least learn from that mistake. There are ways of nerfing Viver without harming the rest of the damn game, you know?

Excalibur (once again) no longer has a reason to cast Javelin once it becomes unable to one-shot enemies.

I tend to side with DE when it comes to balancing, but I'm sorry, I am not impressed by this update at all. Very little thought went into this change.

Edited by SortaRandom

I hope that these "fixes" are placeholders untill you guys come up with a proper solution for the issues we have, because this is gonna make a lot of people mad/ not want to play.

Edit. YOU COULD HAVE TURNED VIVER INTO A HIVE NODE! LEAVE THE FRAMES ALONE!

THESE CAPS SYMBOLIZE MY EMOTIONS.

Edit2. Molten impact and a heatsword BP really give me a good feel of the "more lore" we were promised before. At this point i'm just gonna look for more stuff that's disappointing/uncalled for cuz i'm mad.

Edit3. 3 hours in, I've reached what seems to be the current end of the thread and i just finished reading EVERYTHING.

I'm hurt, angry and confused. why was this the best option to you guys? I just don't understand.

I'm still going to be playing because at least my guns shoot bullets, but i really do hope you either roll this back as another solution EVEN if the rollback is temp.

Fix the syndicates.

Undo the nerfs.

RETHINK the way problems are handled, analyzed and solved for the love of friggin CHAIKA.

and lastly just friggin turn viver into a hive mission as a temporary solution. if there's anything that scares people away it's hive.

you will have the TIME to think of something else because people DON'T PLAY HIVE, and you can use this time to stop releasing content.

As you attempt to do this please look at the major problems as they are, not how you see them. don't act like the system is perfect because you designed it.

Hire more damn people if the ideas coming from the community can't be processed properly

I am saying S#&$ like this because i am at a loss for words, and at this point i'm not sure what you guys are even trying to do anymore.

A large portion of us still like this game and i believe that it is your responsibillity to keep us from disliking or hating the game. 

Fix it.

Edited by Craiss

Update 15.2.0

• Excalibur’s Radial Javelin and Mag’s Shield Polarize will now check for line of sight when targeting enemies.
  • Trinity’s Energy Vampire now only benefits teammates who can see or can be seen by the targeted victim (victims remember who they have seen for a short duration).
  • Banish / Rift Walk will no longer stack energy regeneration when used on targets in a Cataclysm bubble.

I'll be playing to see how this is later, but my gut instinct is that these changes are not for the better.

This is an obvious response to Viver farming, but it will just encourage players to switch to other frames with highly damaging AOE abilities and it significantly nerfs several frames that are not even particularly good outside of the Viver farm. It also does nothing to address the core issue with Viver, which is the fact that the grind for rep is absurd and unrewarding.

Excalibur, I'm looking at you. Why you felt nerfing what is already a mid tier frame at best was necessary is baffling to me.

The banish/rift walk nerf in particular is going to be really problematic, since Limbo doesn't have many other niches. Prior to this update, Limbo at least had value as a walking battery to keep other team mates going, similar to Trinity (who also got nerfed.)

Edited by Cpl_Facehugger

Update 15.2.0

Warframe Changes:

Update 15.2.0 

In other words, Update 15.NoMoreViver.0

I'm Sorry but LoS nerfing is a terrible method in WF. 9/10 an enemy is ducking behind cover, and shield polarize is a magnetic effect, it doesnt even make sense to make it LoS. I know, I know, space magic. Really disappointed in the lazy approach to nerfing Viver via nerfing frames.

Thanks DE, looking forward to the new Archwing weapons.  I'm glad you dealt with Viver, ii was a massive problem but now that you've dealt with that you should take another look at the way we gain syndicate rep.

I'm a bit sad about the Excalibur/Mag changes though, they're already relatively underused frames.  While I think that Mag can probably get by, Excalibur is just getting hit hard since his other useful skill also got hit with LoS recently.

Edited by xNegikunx

Reinforcements for the game mod I don't play YAY! A broken fix for the broken snydicates which will cause more rage! YAY! Seriously with all these options on the table this was the solution DE came up with? So if you didn't choose to exploit you are stuck grinding for months now excellent. 

Update 15.2.0

Warframe Changes:

Seriously DE...? As much as I love you guys, Rebecca, Megan, Steve and co. I REALLY don't think nerfing Excalibur TWICE within less than THREE weeks was necessary. PLEASE rethink this.. this is no better than the old radial javelin. All it has is a small little stun. And if enemies aren't seen, well the stun is almost pointless. I'm sorely disappointed with this. Why change to do this again? Just make Viver a bigger map. Simple.

Please rethink the Excal thing at least. Thank you for all your hard work and everything, but this small thing did get me a little bit.

Warframe Changes:

I was expecting a change to several warframes if not most when the LoS was announced. A change to ONLY the Viver squad is kind of dissapointing.

Changes:

• Changed all entries of ‘Fire’, ‘Poison’ or ‘Freeze’ damage elements to ‘Heat’, ‘Toxin’ and ‘Cold’ respectively to remove inconsistency.

How about also leaving all the damage bonuses int he same percentages, also to remove inconsistency. It's about time DE.