Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Update 15.2.0

[DE]Rebecca

While you are correct that whining isn't great, you are wrong in that all complaints are whining.

A complaint is something you make when you are unsatisfied. Whining is a form of complaining, but it is not equal to complaining. If complaining is whining, and you're complaining that people are whining, then by your logic, you are whining and therefore, a hypocrite. Being a hypocrite is terrible when you are trying to make a point.  "'____" is useless" is almost none of this thread. Most posts are people with legitimate concerns and offer better routes than the one DE took.

Either way, it's wrong to complain about other's opinions. Opinions are opinions and arguing about something that isn't factual normally leads to flame because nothing in the argument is true. You can't reach a decent conclusion to an argument when nothing in it is factual.

Of course, obviously there are multiple/better routes that the DE could have taken. Perhaps the Line of Sight nerf was a test and the DE KNEW what they were doing. Viver was being farmed gruesomely, I admit that myself took part because when there's an opportunity at the hand, nothing will stop you to take it. We already know that Viver had been nerfed once before and assumed it would be nerfed again, and although the hotfix was a complete disappointment we can only insinuate that it was a knee jerk response to prevent further grinding from being exploited. We can compare this to say imagine Excalibur, Mag and Trinity have been placed in the naughty corner until the DE has found a better "punishment" for the grinders. I just hope for the best of us that the dev's will work their hardest to solve the issue of this single mission node and a better implementation for the syndicate system.

While you are correct that whining isn't great, you are wrong in that all complaints are whining.

A complaint is something you make when you are unsatisfied. Whining is a form of complaining, but it is not equal to complaining. If complaining is whining, and you're complaining that people are whining, then by your logic, you are whining and therefore, a hypocrite. Being a hypocrite is terrible when you are trying to make a point.  "'____" is useless" is almost none of this thread. Most posts are people with legitimate concerns and offer better routes than the one DE took.

Either way, it's wrong to complain about other's opinions. Opinions are opinions and arguing about something that isn't factual normally leads to flame because nothing in the argument is true. You can't reach a decent conclusion to an argument when nothing in it is factual.

I didn't say all complaining was whining, I said complaints such as the given example are whining. I apreciate the intellect in that post and that's exactly the type of rationality and calm demeener that the devs are more likely to look at, above all of the people who say "I hate this!"

DE is a pretty friendly group, but put yourself in their shoes as far as communication goes, they are local celebreties who get hundreds of pm's every day and are expected to also check every single post in every single topic of the forums as a group with the moderators, thats a pretty hefty task to accomplish while you are busy working on new content. I dont blame them for ignoring the people who are yelling at them, I know I would. The people who being thought and reason forth to their arguments are always the first to be acknowledged, no matter what company you are talking to.

Thanks DE for the Trinity nerf. I never took the point of you guys nerfing Trinity over and over again as a sign that you hated her. Now I'm quite sure you despise that poor lobster lady with all your heart. Everytime I see Trinity in patch notes my heart dies a little along with my satisfaction of playing her.

Again thanks DE. I hope you guys are happy with what you did to her. Your own creation, bashed and crushed over and over again with the nerf hammer until there is little to nothing left of her.

In case it isn't obvious enough #SARCASM

Good luck any future support frames. I hope you never suffer the injustice that Trinity has suffered.

I will just leave this little 'picture demonstration' here:

DSC_0822.JPG

R.I.P. in pieces, Trinity

Edited by Ravensaurus

Meanwhile, thanks to the hosting system, I keep having my Defense games being LOST at the very last wave due "Host Migrations" or "Lost Connections".

wonderful isn't it?

Same for me, survival are pretty much unplayable. But thank goodness they've nerfed having fun in the game, we can all be so thankful for that.

Nerfing Trin? Okay, that sucks.

Nerfing Excalibur back to what he was? Sucks as well.

Nerfing Mag robbing her of pretty much the only useful skill? Well that sucks too.

I mean, not that these frames are chosen frequently anyway, but IMO Mag was one of the most fun-to-play frames.

And the Shield Polarize nerf - you have no idea how much it affects the gameplay. In a bad way. Besides the Viver node (which was the reason for these shenanigans in the first place), you can't just stand close to, say, cryopod and press "2" twice. It just isn't how it works. Now Mag HAS to turn to the pod and, staring at it, cast the Polarize. It's SO BAD now!

I was doing the Infested quest, and here's what I found:

1) Shield Polarize no longer affects objects behind Mag. AT LEAST MAKE IT SO OBJECTS NOT BLOCKED BY SOMETHING ARE AFFECTED, NOT THE STUPID LINE OF SIGHT!

2) Even when facing the bomb (cryopod, doesn't matter) a simple stationary object can block the Polarize. It can be anything - in my case it was some kind of a spire. A very, very slim spire. YOUR LINE OF SIGHT DEFINITION IS CLEARLY WRONG, I AM CERTAIN THAT I COULD SEE THE BOMB.

3) Mag no longer feels like boosting her own shields. TREELY?

Edited by AlekVen

Good thing DE decided to take care of Viver today. I was running out of platinum and almost put another 45€ in this game.

I don't mind they tried to do something to nerf the reputation farm. I expected it to happen. Could not care less as that farm was boring so I didn't do it more than maybe 3 times to see how it works. I also did not use Mag, Trinity and Excalibur besides from leveling them to rank 30. So that update does not really change anything for me right now.

But I know where this is going to lead. I know Viver is still farmed. And I know that those frames I like to play may be the next ones to be nerfed instead of fixing that one damn map (or the stupid grind wall). So I think now is the right time to severely reduce my time in Warframe as I have seen things like this nerf patch happen in too many games before. It never ended well.

I will log in here an then to craft some stuff, maybe do a few missions with friends. But I'm no longer putting real efford into Warframe as since U15 the game has taken a direction which I don't like.

And this is my prophecy for the next 1-4 weeks:

Friday, 14-11-2014

They either block all questions about the nerf in the dev stream (too bad, the person responsible for the nerfs is not present) or they accept one question with the following answer: "Everything is fine as it is now. We planned that LoS thing from the beginning. You just have to get used to it."

Further questions will be ignored.

Wednesday, 19-11-2014

More nerfs to come. How dare they still doing Viver. Trinity ES gets a 15s cooldown. Saryn, Mag & Rhino's 4th abilities now require LoS.

Five brand new archwing weapons added.

Wave 35 / round 7 selection screen bug still not fixed.

Monday, 24-11-2014

Statistics show Viver still being exploited. All warframe abilities now require LoS and have a 25s cooldown.

Three brand new archwing weapons added. New, shiny, useless lvl 10 / rank 5 mods added to the factions.

Wave 35 / round 7 selection screen bug still not fixed.

So basically, DE found out how many people were farming for Rep since Syndicates are "end-game" AKA we're going to make this an extremely grinding and boring task to yield any results so they nerfed the mostly useless frames in the game and game mode which were used instead of fixing the problem itself. You would rather re-nerf a crappy Mag which I barely used in the game at all, Excalibur which I never used, and the Trinity which I struggled to find a use for as is and did it in a piss poor manner. If you don't want people to farm for rep, make it a more fun task instead of making it such a grind.

Why don't you make the Viver map bigger instead nerfing all of these frames? You might as make all abilities Line of Sight as is, and implement it properly.

As a "founder" of the game, I won't play the game until these changes are rebalanced/removed. If you guys fail to do so, I'll uninstall/stop playing this game.

It won't matter - Pages dissappearing from the thread now - someone stealth nerfing the topic/replies

Always pays to listen to feedback doesnt it?

Nope? Oh well moving on....

Don't worry!

DE will start to delete the very first posts of this topic once we will reach page 51!

Worst Update ever, because another bad updates was only nerf issues.

Now we have a new bad factor "LoS", that will be the ruin of gameplay in the future and will affect future updates.

That is why this is a worst update.

lol that painted some pictures for me.. "Radial disarm with LoS", "Chaos with LoS", "Molecular prime with LoS" ..of man those are some ugly pictures I don't wanna see.

We've read dozens and dozens of threads discussing issues that this Update thread caused, I'm returning here to layout info in hopes that this is the most central area to the issues at hand (as this the update notes are definitely the origin point):

There is dev workshop in progress right now for ASAP posting to address the 3 problem areas that have been exposed through a number of ways this past week:

1) Syndicates & Standing.

2) Abilities

3) Next Steps.

Apologies and thanks for your patience!

Locking to preserve.

AND here we go: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/345295-vivergate-vent-radioactive-gas-yn/

Edited by DERebecca