Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Update 15.2.0

[DE]Rebecca

DERebecca, on 13 Nov 2014 - 02:00 AM, said:snapback.png

Warframe Changes:

• Excalibur’s Radial Javelin and Mag’s Shield Polarize will now check for line of sight when targeting enemies.

-------(l-- Dragon Nerfana --l)------- 

The new katana to nerf everyone, now, in your pc, for free.

But Viver R.I.P. it's necessary, now i'm rank 5, after last weekend in 1 day(saturday) rank 3 -> 5, and sunday: sigils and mods(warframes, weapons and blablabla).

Changes to interceptions are well, but nerf warframes... like excalibur, the emblem of the game... are a little bit creepy. 
Edited by shadowthk

Trinity LOS is not a problem on viver - there is easy way to stay so everyone get energy.

Nerfing mods to 50 is no problem - you need hosting Mag that pull all mods once in a time and bring them to all others.

Mag, excalibur nerfed ? Then just spam Mags ulti - he dont need LOS right ? 3 mag frames and 1 trinity may be not so efficient but fine. 2 mag 1 nova and trinity ? Time will show whats optimal now.

There is always way to overcome stupid nerfs - and those done to Viver are realy stupid ones.

Because in each nerf - we can easy adapt strategy and get same amount of rep.

Ok now nerf for interception mechanics - that may hurt a bit, but faster runs dont means that rep will be a lot smaller. Just stay 4 rounds like before syndicates come.

There is problem for people who dont farm viver and liked trnity/mag/excal - they got hit hard for no reason.

True farmers will adapt strategy, or find other sweet spot. Like Cerberus at first, now Viver. Do DE realy think there are no other maps that will work ?

So as many here write - problem is how we earn syndicate points. Not Viver or three underpowered in other maps warframes.

Really? when i equip enemy sense/radar i still need line of sight to nuke 'em with radial javelin?

If you need line of sight for something like Frost's Freeze or Ember's Fireball then it's ok.

But Radial Javelin?

Why? DE why? i didn't even play Viver. I didn't even care for syndicates.

I just some old player that love his excalibur.

solo play my excal mostly,not even trying to exploit viver coz what can i do by soloing viver?

also "i just some old player that love his proto-excalibur"

let's cry together bruh

I'm sorry, but I took another look at the front page. Wow.

Guys. You know it's bad when the 5th post in the thread has more up-votes than the patch notes itself.

DE. We are all(mostly all), desperately asking for these changes to be un-done, and for a proper fix to this entire syndicate situation.

Rep gain, as well as the rep spent for buying items need a heavy review.

I'll be putting my beloved kubrow Rouche in stasis, leave Warframe (at least until they give a proper solution) and play TERA/Freedom Wars or something, and hope that I don't get to witness other frames(especially Frost), weapons, and mechanics get nerfed/changed for the worst for inexplicably stupid reasons while leaving core problems untouched.

Rest in Pizza Warframe, I hope you die a swift, painless death.

Edited by DKKenny

I still don't know the logic behind people calling Viver "exploit".....

Viver has always been there, on Eris node, since that area was added, but yet none of us took advantage of it. Instead we went grinding in ODD, sechura, maybe kiste, but we never abused Viver for quick EXP gain, not until U15.

It's the syndicate that's forced player to play there.

We all want to experience the new content, called augmented mods, and yet we're greeted with otherworldly-high grindwall called syndicate credit of 240,000, while we could only obtain around 100 per normal mission run.

What other choices do we have?

Remember when U13 (Hydroid) was new? We wanted to play the content, and so we, every players in this game, farmed the ever-loving hell out of Ceres for its Grineer shipyard tile, looking for prosecutor beacons, and raised major levels on our frames and weapons as a result.

Was that an exploit? was that considered as one? was it reported?

It never was.

So, pray tell me, for the love of the Lotus, why does farming Viver (that give 5,000 rep in 30 minutes out of required 240,000) in order to scale the ridiculous grindwall blocking new content an "exploit" in any way, shape, or form?!

Wait, hold on. Are you kidding me? I literally just got back into Warframe today after a few weeks without play due to controller changes. And suddenly you make my favorite Warframe (Excalibur), even less viable? I finally get to use Radial Javelin again after sacrificing it to make room for other mods. And then you make it nearly useless again. Something that is honestly not even that powerful unless it's used against smaller, low-leveled mobs.

Fantastic.

Looks like I'm going to have to go back to my boring former tactic and just blind everything again.

Edit: Actually, y'know what? No. Not today. I'm uninstalling again. Until DE learns what needs to be changed as opposed to what they want to change, I won't even look at Warframe again. I'll be back in a month and a half. Probably.

Edited by OutrightMakoto

Ok now nerf for interception mechanics - that may hurt a bit, but faster runs dont means that rep will be a lot smaller. Just stay 4 rounds like before syndicates come.

You've missed the main point - we're absolutely not needed in gaining any "done" percent to obtain our rep - enemies are just keep spawning and we're just keep kiiling them. Trinity could stand at B while AOE attack just won't allow NPC to capture their tower. The main point will be in our order - we'll surround our Trinity to obtain energy.

But we won't play with Exc\Mag anymore. This'll be Rhino, Sarin, Nova or whatever frame able to AOE attack. So... what's the REAL difference in the end? Right, a graving out Mag and Exc. 

Seriously though DE what is this mess called a patch...? Ruining the last good thing about excal and put nonsensical limitations on abilities that shouldn't even be affected by such limitations. (magnetic fields aren't stopped by walls or "line of sight"! or how the new way javelin works as described by the dev team lol) Let alone have a need for such limitations other than an overreaction to a problem because people want to exploit a system that's too grindy to begin with. You guys could have removed the interception, could have made a hard cap on how much rep you could get per mission or you could have even put an enemy spawn limit on mission types. nerfing 3 frames that didn't need it was a bit far and you know it. if you don't know that then it's time for a break...if you guys are just overworked take some time off and get more people on the team to break up the workload and while you're at it get some people to read forums for suggestions because there are many good ideas that would fix some of the problems with this game such as this viver thing people are probably still exploiting mind you with different things. i personally expect these nerfs to mag, excal and trinity to be undone next patch and maybe some kind of repermendment for the uncalled for nerfing and outcry this has caused, but then again at this point i honestly don't care how this is handled.  nerf all not just a few...this patch feels targeted and hateful. (excal looks like this game's figurehead but he's the weakest of the bunch in almost every regard?) 

DERebecca, on 13 Nov 2014 - 02:00 AM, said:snapback.png

-------(l-- Dragon Nerfana --l)-------

-snip-

now i'm rank 5, after last weekend in 1 day(saturday) rank 3 -> 5, and sunday: sigils and mods(warframes, weapons and blablabla).

-snip-

Starting to see the problem. Even new/lowbies were in viver all day, unsurprisingly carried by higher tier players (clanmates?). Not impressive since I've seen some MR2 people rolling boltor primes, so yeah.

Trinity LOS is not a problem on viver - there is easy way to stay so everyone get energy.

Nerfing mods to 50 is no problem - you need hosting Mag that pull all mods once in a time and bring them to all others.

Mag, excalibur nerfed ? Then just spam Mags ulti - he dont need LOS right ? 3 mag frames and 1 trinity may be not so efficient but fine. 2 mag 1 nova and trinity ? Time will show whats optimal now.

There is always way to overcome stupid nerfs - and those done to Viver are realy stupid ones.

Because in each nerf - we can easy adapt strategy and get same amount of rep.

There is problem for people who dont farm viver and liked trnity/mag/excal - they got hit hard for no reason.

True farmers will adapt strategy, or find other sweet spot. Like Cerberus at first, now Viver. Do DE realy think there are no other maps that will work ?

So as many here write - problem is how we earn syndicate points. Not Viver or three underpowered in other maps warframes.

+1 

best comment by far and the core of problem

Instead of remaking Syndicates, adding unique quest/missions for each faction and reducing overpriced standing requirements or offering new ways to get standing, you broke our frames (poor Mag and Excalibur have no really useful skills anymore for late game).

Well, I didn't expect anything else from you. Change your mind DE.

Edited by AntLion

Starting to see the problem. Even new/lowbies were in viver all day, unsurprisingly carried by higher tier players (clanmates?). Not impressive since I've seen some MR2 people rolling boltor primes, so yeah.

That does not justify the decision to reduced 3 frames' abilities to the dust for being used.

We all have seen mastery 0 in Sechura node, farming credits. Should DE adjust dark sector credit reward from 23,000 to 1,000?

• Excalibur’s Radial Javelin and Mag’s Shield Polarize will now check for line of sight when targeting enemies.
  • Trinity’s Energy Vampire now only benefits teammates who can see or can be seen by the targeted victim (victims remember who they have seen for a short duration).

I got 75% "for my next purchase " but with this say bye to my wallet :) DE

Then it looks like a lot of ppl got it, me included :-)

You have to expect Scott to nerf something when they buff something else...

Im having a prediction: they dropped slash mods recently (Buzz Kill) but they also buffed damage on melee and now Scott is deciding whether to do a nerf pass of slash damage to all the melees or just the few that people use like nikana etc.

That does not justify the decision to reduced 3 frames' abilities to the dust for being used.

We all have seen mastery 0 in Sechura node, farming credits. Should DE adjust dark sector credit reward from 23,000 to 1,000?

I never said it justified the extreme measures taken (And I'm against them).

I'm just trying to figure out why they were so extreme and swift, when many other issues have been clinging for long.

This takes us to another problem, the infamous taxi system. But I guess that's food for another day.

Update 15.2.0

Warframe Changes:

• Excalibur’s Radial Javelin and Mag’s Shield Polarize will now check for line of sight when targeting enemies.

Isn`t this what old Javelin work?
At that time we have Blind that useful tho,I guess poster boy should suffer even though,
what really need to change is rep reward or something.
No respond to less grind,instead nerf all frame.Every time nerf happen,claim as good
change also make me sick.yeah my tear is delicious. -_-

After 1.5 year playing its time to give more attention to other games

the downfall of Warframe begins

Fixed :p

People Ive introduced to this game since it came out: 4

People who played Pre U-15: 3

People who play now: 0

People who have uninstalled: 3

XP crashes, Archwing massive (amount of) bugs drove them away, you lost in favor of free hard drive space, it was more valuable to them.

Edited by TheBulitt