Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Update 15.2.0

[DE]Rebecca

Ok this is really lame, ive started playing warframe since a little before U15 and i loved it.

And then came U15 and everything just seemed to go down the crapper, all of a sudden there was bugs everywhere. Some of which very annoying havent been solved yet.

And now instead of fixes, im seeing DE add crappy stuff and change other for no good reasons.

I really like warframe tho !

Does anyone has comforting news to tell me ? because right now, im very sad to see all this crap going on :(

Hi, I'm a Mag Main.

Oh, sorry.

Former Mag Main.

Pull was nerfed to require line of sight, damage was nerfed. Every other warframe gets a decent syndicate mod, we get a mod that pulls pickups to us. Just like carrier already does. (I bet we require line of sight for those pickups now too, lol.)

Shield polarize was nerfed to no longer knock enemies down. Now it requires line of sight.

Bullet Attractor doesn't even work half the time and the damage is pitiful.

Crush is probably Warframe's single most useless abilities. Yes, in the entire game, Crush is probably one of the single most useless abilities. Not even on an 'Ultimate ability" scale.

Really though, nerfing Mags even more because they're good at the one thing they're designed to be good at? Shield polarize doesn't even work on Grineer.

Come on, guys. You're killing me.

Edited by Sokina

I'm not normally one for being rash and saying mean things, but I feel the nerfs to Trinity, Mag, and Excalibur were extremely uncalled for. 

If this is Scott's doing, he should be ashamed of himself for taking the lazy route to stopping undesired player behavior. 

What better way is there to stop people from abusing the Syndicate rep system?  Make each mission type worth a base amount of rep, with a modifier for the faction it belongs to (corpus/grineer/infested/orokin), and another modifier for level range.  Ta da!  Done.

Seriously, to whomever came up with this particular way to "fix" the "Viver problem", kneejerk reactions have no place in the toolbox of folks who are responsible for balancing and fun gameplay.

I don't agree with your resolution in fixing the problems at hand.  I could go over all the reasons, but I'm sure the community will state them all as the majority of your fan base (a great which of whom have paid into the game) seems well beyond disgruntled.

You've cut me deep, as I'm one of the very few players who even like the idea of playing Trinity in a game that does a criminally small amount to reward support players.  You know what it's like doubling someone else's damage and not even getting a pat on the back?  You would if you played Trinity.

Most of us discovered Viver and knew what was going on there.  Simply put, you could've fixed the level without nerfing my favorite frame into oblivion.

By putting LoS restrictions on friendly abilities you not only alienate the very few players who care to help others in a direct way (because the game punishes you for not directly obliterating everything with your friends by embarrassing you with the end game stats with nothing to state what YOUR contribution was), you've managed to punish the whole community. 

Why even have a healing support role Warframe if you're not interested in letting them do their job?

What's been done here is a crime against the community.  This is clearly punishment for Viver.  Nothing more, nothing less.  I'm sorry that the Warframe team felt the need to lash out at their community for being thorough enough to discover an oversight like this, keep it up and I'm sure you won't have much of a community to worry about for long.

Here's some advice on how these issues can be resolved:

1. First and Foremost, revert the changes to Trinity to make her remain "usable" at best.

2. Revert the changes to Excalibur, making Excalibur pertinent and then taking that away was a slap in the face to every Founder.  They helped to fund this project and in return they got a shiny version of what may arguably be the least feasible Warframe in the game.

3. After giving Mag a poor syndicate skill, it's not a good idea to keep kicking them while they're down.  Maybe let up on the nerf and reconsider the Mag syndicate effect.

4. Limbo, whereas fun in concept, is almost entirely useless and is only great for trolling your friend when they're trying to carry things.  Or stopping hallway heroes from doing damage.... Did you know this character primary ability is trolling other characters?

5. Finally, make Viver inaccessible until you can determine an appropriate way to "fix" it.  Really I don't believe it's the issue as much as the reputation system.  I know you guys meant the best, but it's a system that requires grinding constantly for fixed goals that most players will have by the time I achieve them (because no retroactive experience was awared to long-standing players).  Basically, it'll be the same experience as if I reupped my World of Warcraft subscription and started working on those factions too.  Double your flavor, double your fun?  Nah, I want to be an awesome space ninja.  You can do better.

Edited by Vaeus

Why don't we add LoS to every ability? Doesn't it sound amazing just thinking about every of Nyx or vaubans abilites to turn of when you don't look at effected enemies? I think that would be amazing for Limbo too. Maybe your camera gets stationary when you activate hysteria on Valkyr and if you leave the screen, it just gets turned off again

• Nerfs, Nerfs everywhere.

That is all I can see, the ONLY good thing about this patch was the Nyx buff but that's about it.

I am dissapoint.

Kneejerk reactions around real problems that are not adressed and repeatedly ignored.

Letting the entire rest of the game suffer because you can't admit to having made mistakes.

Very little thought went into these changes. Rooms were never designed with LoS in mind, abilities weren't either.

To me as a paying player it is extremely disappointing that you as paid professionals can't come up with better solutions to obvious problems.

EDIT: Also did you not just change Radial Javelin to be less affected by line of sight to allow for better targeting?

Ah, found it:

• Radial Javelin:  All enemies within radius of this ability will now be hit with a javelin.  Instead of having this ability radiate out from Excalibur, javelins will now spawn directly around opponents. Javelins will optimize to find a point on each enemy that is safe to be hit, bypassing enemies that may be holding shields or otherwise in cover. There is also no longer a target maximum for this ultimate, meaning anyone in the radius will be an eligible target. Additionally, if the javelin does not kill the enemy, each target that survives will be put into stun for a brief period of time.

Going back on that after announcing what a great change it was. Another example of pure reactionary 'balancing' in an attempt to solve a problem that lies much deeper that you are admitting to see.

well said

Please make a statement that this is a temporary solution (Concerning Excalibur, Mag, Trinity).

Binding LOS (Initial targeting aside) on any ability in the game makes them nearly unusable for anything with higher damage. The abilities are the things that give us options to control enemies. If I have to show my bare skin to the enemy to do use them....

Let’s just say hitscan enemies love our frames with a lot more holes in them and have the means to create them.

If it is the best short-term solution so be it but right now it looks like an standing change.

Edited by Darphnix

Hi, DE.

Before you break even more things for the sake of curbstomping the 'viver issue', which is, again, not an issue, but a symptome, let me help you a bit.

Trinity's and Limbo's energy restore abilities can be mitigated by Team Energy Restores. This is costly, sure, but it is possible. I've been in a team like that, a very profitable team.

But wait. There is no need to waste time on writing code that limits active team restores or make them more expensive, especially after you added the deluxe versions of them just recently, so please read on.

There are other AoE abiltiies with a nice range, not just Javelin and Shield Polarize.

But wait, there is no need to ruin even more frames, read on just a bit more.

Here is how you should have taken the edge out of interception missions:

The issue is not Javelin, the issue is not Energy Vampire or Polarize, not Miasma or Stomp or anything, the issue is that enemies are instantly replaced by new enemies upon death.

Put a frigging timer on the enemy respawn, five seconds, ten seconds, that needs testing and balancing. Guess what, a team that is able to decimate the majority of enemies on the map deserves a little bit of a quiet second, dont you think?

Don't just keep on piling experience dispensers into the map. That doesn't generate difficulty through numbers. It would also fix the ridiculous Uranus Archwing mission at the same time that currently has to be cheesed through in just the same way that you have to cheese Rep points these days.

All your effort on slapping the same LoS code on more and more abilities, making frames and abilities hard and awkward to use just generates spite and implies that you dont understand your own game. All that these nerfs tell me personally is, and I am fully aware that I am specualting here, that if you would have bothered actually trying a Viver farm for yourselves instead of just reading up on it you would have realized this pretty quickly.

So here, just do that.

Dont go breaking any more frames that are already situational. Don't punish everyone just because a group of people that already are of very high Mastery Rank anyway found that your Syndicate system is too slow and pricy. Because guess what, dangle a shiny thing in front of people, they want it. They are going to find themselves the quickest way to get there. It is human nature.

Edited by Fubukin

• John Prodman now spawns if players gain more than 5000 Syndicate reputation in a mission

*screen begins to rumble, the Corpus bow down and puill out their provas and place them on the ground*

From somewhere comes this audio that seems to fill the ears and very chest of all who hear it:

"HEAR THOU, THE VOICE OF THE CHOSEN WARRIOR!"

*Corpus chants begin*

Please make a statement that this is a temporary solution (Concerning Excalibur, Mag, Trinity).

Binding LOS (Initial targeting aside) on any ability in the game makes them nearly unusable for anything with higher damage. The abilities are the things that give us options to control enemies. If I have to show my bare skin to the enemy to do use them....

Let’s just say hitscan enemies love our frames with a lot more holes in them and have the means to create them.

If it is the best short-term solution so be it but right now it looks like an standing change.

^ agreed....its not very ninja of us to have to run around the corner of a box in order to use an ability on an enemy because i cant see them

makes me feel like the enemy radar and map sensors are completely useless....

"i see the enemy on my map....but i cant attack him because i CANT SEE HIM....WTF?!?!?!?!"

I wouldn't say Viver was OP ( although 5k per 4 rounds was) 

I would say that its pretty ridiculous how long it takes to get rep in this game. 

DE , ask your players. Ask if there is ANYONE that likes the rate at which you farm rep. I never even got to go to Viver.

it was 4k each round with booster. but there will always be exploiters, there will be another viver in 2 weeks or something.

And Trinity's EV required line of sight to cast on a target, if it even lived long enough for it to go off. Also if you wanted the range to be good enough, you required 4 mods (Str/Range) to even benefit to reach your team, which IMO was more than fair if your giving up that many mods to focus on one ability, as is any other frames ability in the game.