Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please Don't Forget The "fun" Part Of This Game, De.

eksby

More and more often now, I feel like the game is becoming a grind, instead of something that is fun. Shouldn't "fun" be the most important part of the game and not "grind"? 

The new Syndicates have so much grind that players took to Viver in order to save themselves the pain of having to do thousands of hours of grinding.

Isn't it worrying that people would rather spam one skill for hours on end instead of play Syndicate missions? If Syndicate missions were fun, and not just normal missions that we've already played hundreds of times over, I'm pretty sure people would rather be playing Syndicate missions instead of pressing one button repeatedly at Viver. 

DE, I think what you might want to consider carefully is,

1. What will make this game fun? 

2. Why aren't the players enjoying the grind?

3. Do you really need an endgame? 

Consider other games that people play for a long time...I know in certain MMOs the questline can take literally hundreds of hours to complete. If you guys would make quest lines that long, I'm pretty sure it'd keep people playing for a good amount of time. A new quest with lore a week, instead of a new gun? I'd take that over the gun any day. 

I would suggest playing through the game on a non-dev account, as a new character, and see how much fun you are having. Try to understand why we as players greatly dislike the amount of grind Syndicates have—is it fun to play? Is it fun to have to sacrifice a Loki Prime Helm just to upgrade in Syndicate rank for mods that are not all that great? Shouldn't a sacrifice match the reward, instead of making it feel like a painful thing to give up? Do you think grind is fun?

Grind can be fun, but the way it is right now is not so enjoyable. 

What we want is to enjoy our time in Warframe, we want to have fun. I think the game as it is right now is losing sight of that "fun" aspect. Please, DE, I've stuck this far because I've seen how much you respect and listen to the community. I'm begging you to find again what is fun. Grindwalls and shinies will only go so far, but people will play thousands of hours if the game is fun to play. 

I remember a post some ppl posted when that Sumpo Food deal was all the rage in this forum....they said that WF will become a less fun game and a more grindy experience and EVERYBODY denied and said it was BS and nonsense...

Now we have a grindy-grindy-grindy syndicate reputation "system" and when ppl find a way to overcome it...guess what? nerf bat incoming :D

guess who is wrong now...

I remember a post some ppl posted when that Sumpo Food deal was all the rage in this forum....they said that WF will become a less fun game and a more grindy experience and EVERYBODY denied and said it was BS and nonsense...

Now we have a grindy-grindy-grindy syndicate reputation "system" and when ppl find a way to overcome it...guess what? nerf bat incoming :D

There's just one very slight problem with that: the deal hasn't gone through yet

But hey, it's not like facts will stop people from conspiracy theorizing. 

Edited by vaugahn

Nah, DE's always been like this.

There's just one very slight problem with that: the deal hasn't gone through yet

But hey, it's not like facts will stop people from conspiracy theorizing. 

Where have you been? The deal went thru like a month or 2 ago. There was an announcement, and I remember seeing you posting in the thread about it.

Where have you been? The deal went thru like a month or 2 ago. There was an announcement, and I remember seeing you posting in the thread about it.

Doesn't mean the deal isn't sealed already.

The agreement has been entered into, meaning the deal is set to happen. It hasn't actually happened yet though.

And anyways, even when it does happen it will still be all DE.

But enough thread derailment. 

If they made them interesting I would have absolutely no problem with that.

Exactly. It's been a year except we hardly get any lore, not even on Syndicates which is supposed to be more lore-filled.

And having quests that are not the same as every other mission would be welcome too.

Edited by kuliise