Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

>Mfw U15.2.0

SquirmyBurrito

Really DE? You see an issue with Viver (and how easy teamwork can make the grindgame) and your first reaction was to line up the three culprits and kick each of them in the teeth? Whatever, I'm not going to go on and on about ACTUAL solutions to the ACTUAL problem. This is the Warframe and Abilities feedback section, so that is what I am going to give.

TL;DR:

Excal- He is garbage, again. Back to the metaphorical closet with him.

Mag- Her one good, scaling ability is now garbage. Back to the metaphorical closet with her.

Trinity- No thanks, I'll just pack a ton of energy restores instead.

Excal has had a very rocky history. He had his former best ability nerfed by the LoS requirement, but that made sense as light doesn't (usually) pass through opaque walls with enough intensity to cause temporary blindness. Pre-buff Radial Javelin was pretty bad, but LoS would have made sense for it. But post buff LoS no longer makes much sense since they're spawning at the targets. A big issue with this is that most enemies in this game use cover. I can't wait for Slash Dash to require stamina and for Super Jump to require that enemies be mirin' for them to work. RIP Excal, I hope newbies don't accidentally pick you.

Mag's nerf makes zero sense. Magnets don't require LoS to affect objects. Covering a magnet with a piece of tissue doesn't suddenly stop it from working. I just can't understand what it was that DE was thinking when they did this. What makes this worse is the fact that she is now horribly inconsistent. Two of her three none-target specific magnetic skills do not require LoS, yet her third (shield polarize) now does. GG Mag, it kinda stings to know I leveled and forma'd my Mag Prime just to have her nerfed so hard that I can't rationalize bringing her. RIP Mag's endgame potential. Mag players better hope the Grineer don't start covering themselves with blankets.

Trinity has to be the most neglected frame in existence. The only time she got attention was when she did something good. You hear that? That's the sound of the last EV Trinitys getting closeted/converted into a different build (I know I'm exaggerating). What was so unbalanced about Energy Vampire that it required a LoS nerf? Why is Trinity getting punished for doing her job? The only positive I can see coming from this change is the sudden sharp decrease in the number of players begging for a Trinity Immortal skin.

Well, at least you fixed the Viver farming 'issue'... oh wait, no you didn't. 

nFxqKVy.png

Edited by SquirmyBurrito

I hate this update so much. DE could have realized that Viver was just the doctor's diagnosis, but instead they chose to nerf warframes and make them more situational and/or useless. Trinity is back to being a boss-killing frame, and really was situational anyway.  Since when do beings with mystical/magical powers require sight to hit a target? Since when do NINJA require sight to hit a target?

I do not ussually agree with your posts Squirmy, but damn sure am I on board with you here.

This is not an overreaction, nerfing frames because of a single node/gametype is something I'd expect the average, lack-of-foresight forumer to come up with and think it's good. But to actually apply it is a new level of low for DE, such idea has never been right and never will be.

I haven't been this dissapointed in DE since the whole U10 delerict fiasco. Yes, I am THAT upset.

Edited by RahuStalker

Right there with you. I can't begin to think how high DE was when they thought it was a good idea to nerf the WARFRAMES, because of their incredible performance in a GAMEMODE. And seriously, people have said it again and again, the problem is not Viver, nor the frames, is the incredible grind wall DE expects veteran players to go throught because "it's a long term goal thing". Theres is just no 'natural' way of farming enough rep in a month even to get to the astronomically high goals you have. And reseting the rep when you get to a milestone doesn't really help either, it kinda does the opposite.

I tend to try and see things in DE's eyes most of the time, but really, now they're just trying to cook with farts instead of gas.

All i am going to say and believe is that it's a bad joke by scott to teach viver lovers a lesson. But if it's real then yeah all i wanna say is instead of finding a real problem to an issue they decided to take easy way out = quick fix.

L     a     z     y           A     n     d          T     o     o          M     u     c     h          D     r     i     n     k     i     n     g          I     s          

G     o     i     n    g         O     n          I     n           O     f     f     i     c     e.    

Edited by SazerTarious

DE took the easy way out instead of fixing the actual problem. They accomplished nothing other than ruining three frames that are far from needing nerfs. Vivir is still a Rep farm dream but now using different frames...god forbid DE finds out about this new frame set up because they are next on the chopping block then. FIX THE ACTUAL PROBLEM DE! 

I'm with you on this too, I know DE's had a history of being inconsistent, and I usually let it slide up until this point. This is just so outlandish it's almost incredible. It's like the fire department tried to put out a fire by burning down another building.

Edited by DarkSignal