Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

After Testing, Viver Still The Same Old Viver Except For These Changes.

Kato-san

Everyone and their mother knew the issue isn't the 3 frames that got nerfed today.

Because of the patch my Mag can't heal herself, or teammate that are out of LoS on top the nerf to her damage.

People already using the new frames for Viver but hey, I'm sure Mag was the cause to the problem and not Viver or the Rep system.

DE bad design was the case in the first place, but Steve will not admit that.

A Tenno in a Warframe is, quoting the Excal lore entry here, a "Warrior-God". While 4 spamming is silly, it's made to be viable. If you don't enjoy it, I suggest playing solo or finding a different game. And if they get rid of spamming ults? People will find new ways to wave-kill. It's the way it goes. This isn't a tactical shooter. This is a mob killing game.

It's only viable due to bad design, thus, LoS reworks. It is a mob killing game, but, considering it has precision weapons and powers, it IS tactical in how you go about that. So, yes, 4 spam does break the game and how it's intended to be played, that's why we have 3 other powers. 4 is NOT the only button that's supposed to be pressed.

Edit: Pressing a button to kill everything doesn't make you a warrior, it makes you a politician. *Snerk*

Edited by Cradicias

Did nobody learn today's lesson or do they just not care?

You mean how the community tried to tell DE about how the syndicate system is flawed and then completely bypassing the issue altogether and swinging the nerf hammer around?

Yeah I guess nobody learned that lesson.

Did nobody learn today's lesson or do they just not care?

Honestly let's see how long we can see this nerf spree going.  I won't stop until every ability in the game has been nerfed into the dirt.

Ash, Oberon, Saryn, Volt, Hydroid, Ember.

And this is the list we're starting with.  Cmon people let's go to viver.

Edited by willis936

The only lesson to learn is that DE doesn't understand how to solve the problem of Syndicate rep grinding.  As a bystander in all of this it is relatively obvious what the problem is as none of these abilities were issues before U15.  To be fair, before Viver the rep grinding was not excessive on the forums either.  Perhaps the map is just too small for Interception?  Sorry, I forgot that the frames are to blame; my bad.

It's only viable due to bad design, thus, LoS reworks. It is a mob killing game, but, considering it has precision weapons and powers, it IS tactical in how you go about that. So, yes, 4 spam does break the game and how it's intended to be played, that's why we have 3 other powers. 4 is NOT the only button that's supposed to be pressed.

Edit: Pressing a button to kill everything doesn't make you a warrior, it makes you a politician. *Snerk*

Allow me to remind you that Trinity's 4 was ALREADY nerfed, and they now nerfed her 2. Mag? That was also her 2 that just got nerfed into uselessness. And you can claim there are tactical elements, but when you're calling for a nerf to abilities, you're calling for a nerf to tactics. Also, you're not funny. Sure, politicians can press a button and kill everything, but Warrior-Gods shouldn't be only as useful as their guns. As of this moment, Trinity, Excalibur and Mag are all pieces of garbage, despite my enjoyment of using them in the past. Why is there infinite level scaling on the enemies if we're not meant to fight and kill them? And what crawled so far up your rear that you want this game to become about as boring as any other shooter, did someone pre-Nova rework steal all your xp? If I wanted to simply shoot things to kill them I'd go play Halo or Destiny. My issue with the nerfs more than anything else isn't that they're absolutely useless now, it's more-so that all of the other frames they've touched have been carefully thought out. These feel more like an insult. They were mainly underpowered frames, now all Mag is good for is Crush, as it isn't line of sight. Oh, and Trinity? A Max duration with a self-damaging weapon using Quick Thinking so that you can give everyone a 99% damage reduction. Excal is now only good for Radial Blind, once again.

They really do need a LoS rework. Wiping out people in a completely different room by hitting 4 is broken as all hell. It ruins the game in terms of its enjoyment factor to make it so easy.

Really ?

Ruin what ?

I don't see level 40 Grineer dying due to RJ.

Hell I am not even sure a Max out Crush with all damage mods (int, TF and BR) can even kill a level 35 Grineer.

So ruined what ?

Ruined your sub level 40 games ?

Edited by fatpig84

Same:

-Can stand in 1 spot spamming abilites

-Still use trinity

-Still don't have to break a sweat

Changes:

-new frames used (that will probly be nerfed)

-40% less exp gained per min (still seeing if we can find a way to get more exp per min)

-Rounds are 4x quicker

So yah the 35% less exp hurts from getting 26k per hour down to 15.6k per hour with best team I setup I can think of.

I just wanted to say, thank you. I recently ran vivers and noticed the experiences gained were lower than usual, and I couldn't get answer if the exp gained dropped, and you just confirmed my curiosity.

+1

Edited by saltygr33n

Same:

-Can stand in 1 spot spamming abilites

-Still use trinity

-Still don't have to break a sweat

Changes:

-new frames used (that will probly be nerfed)

-40% less exp gained per min (still seeing if we can find a way to get more exp per min)

-Rounds are 4x quicker

So yah the 35% less exp hurts from getting 26k per hour down to 15.6k per hour with best team I setup I can think of.

What's your strategy for this? Team composition and such?

They really do need a LoS rework. Wiping out people in a completely different room by hitting 4 is broken as all hell. It ruins the game in terms of its enjoyment factor to make it so easy.

It only ruins it if you're in pubs that have those types of players or you yourself can't resist spamming them.

With my Ash build I can basically spam Bladestorm all day with my Carrier picking up energy orbs, but I don't do that. I can use Reckoning 8+ times in a row on Oberon if I wish. I can keep Banshee's Sound Quake and hit entire tiles for minutes on end without a sweat. But the only spammer I use is Loki's Radial Disarm, but nobody ever complains about that now even though it is undoubtedly the strongest AoE CC in the game.

And of those, only Bladestorm can actually 'wipe out' an entire room in missions that matter, but it takes the longest and requires LoS to target an enemy anyway.

Edited by Draciusen

In all honesty i have to say that i actually support this fix to a certain extent.

I for one think that DE never wanted syndicate rep to be grinded. Everyone already agrees that the higher tier rewards are of no significant importance. Look around the forums- people complaining that ability augment mods aren't worth taking a regular mod off for. Same goes for weapon augment mods.

The only things that people would probably really want are the T4 keys and the large restore blueprints.

Now that being said, i think DE made syndicates this way so that everyone could have a little more incentive to playing more missions. They aren't putting anything vital at all behind the grind wall. It would only be really unfair if there was something to be gained from syndicates that would drastically alter gameplay, something like an OP (prime) weapon, a new frame, or perhaps some really good mods much better than what those have access to currently. Imagine what would happen if DE put grate prime as the highest tier reward?

The grind wall is there only because people want to grind and frankly if people want to grind then they will grind every last bit of stuff they can. A node that is amazing to grind on? Play it. Frames that make grinding easier? Use them. If DE had simply changed or removed viver, then people are just going to move to a different map to farm since they still have the capabilities to do so. They'd end up having to remove or change several nodes after viver in order for this problem to stop.

My concluding analysis is this: people don't need to farm rep. If they want to then they shouldn't complain that it's difficult because they aren't going to lose out on anything. The problems lie on both sides. On the players' part, they are severely up-playing syndicates and this mindset has to go. On DE's part, they should have made a consistent change. LOS mechanic on ALL frames, or no LOS at all. I know i'm putting myself in the line of fire by saying this but i personally support the LOS on all frames. It doesn't make much of a difference when i'm playing normally anyway.

Go ahead and shoot, flame or hate on me but i've made my stand. Just going to leave a disclaimer that i am not lashing out at anyone and anything that sounds like flaming or hating is not intentional. I'm actually still just as happy with the game as before. Cheers

The grind wall is there only because people want to grind and frankly if people want to grind then they will grind every last bit of stuff they can.

Except they don't. People don't like grinding, grinding is boring. You must be an absolute masochist to say that grinding is fun.

But some people has nothing else to do with the game, and want something new to do. For people that doesn't get into archwing, syndicate is the only other option really.

That's why most people resort to Viver, to make the whole syndicate thing LESS GRINDY. Because they do NOT like grinding. If they were, they would just spam T4S that only gives you 1-2k rep/hour.

Nah, name 'em. We need to get the 4 spam out of this game, it makes it boring. Rhino is an obvious culprit. Lessee... Hydroid maybe? Volt? Come on, folks! We're in beta, we're SUPPOSED to report broken/exploiting techniques.

In case you haven't noticed we're no longer in beta. Go on the main site and find a word "beta" there and I will give you a cookie. (old news articles don't count).

Agree.  I read through the patch notes srolling down in anticipation of the rep boost of some type (sigils, increased gain, etc.).  Nope nothing.  So disapointed. 

Don't worry i'm sure that will come, the implementation will go like this:

-The most expensive Sigil now doubles rep gain, lower rank Sigils give lesser boosts.

-The base value of all rep gained has been halved.