Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Radial Javelin Now Forward Javelin?

shiftintoGTR

Parked in my car listening to music and reading forums, find it interesting that now, Excalibur no longer launches skanas in all directions but rather, only forward? Why is it called radial Javelin? If I draw a straight line or a V shape I don't call it a circle.

Is that really how the skill works now? Cause that was his best skill and the only reason he's alright for the game in my opinion. I liked using him as my first Warframe but new players are going to be pretty disappointed he can't protect himself from all sides. Will they know he got weakened? Probably not, but they won't like being surrounded and having the blinding skill as the only safety. Radial Javelin saved me countless times before I started using my lovely Valkyr.

So is this really what they did to him? And why all of this over one mission? What are you opinions?

I think this thing about fixing is out of control. If I remember correctly, in one of the devstream, Scott said that the RJ is fixed to have hit all direction regardless of obstacles and make it to be truly a crowd control with no limitation of number of enemies. And now it seems like going back and worse.

If it still is a radial skill then that's good, but I don't, as well as several friends, understand why it needed to happen. The skill worked well before, I was going to forma my excal and even use a potato on him if needed, so I could go to viver. I don't even have Eris yet but my alliance leader was suggesting I join him and install "x" mods so I can get rep. I've been doing the missions daily but 30 rep per run isn't fair, and I've got over 300 hours on this game so it's not like I'm new. I don't mind all the waiting for the right mods to drop, leveling weapons and upgrading gear, doing alerts etc. The syndicate affinity is just too hard to get. I do the missions almost every day and I'm only at 6k level 2 or 3 Arbiters(have done forma sacrifice).

My opinion is that this whole issue is going to give me a headache. At the worst extremes we have whiners wanting LoS to go away and elitists defending it.

Probably Loki is next then we'll see who is whiner and who is defender, excal is was my favorite frame since i started playing this game, but when they nerfed radial blind i was like whatever maybe DE did this with good intention and it makes sense, but this new nerf is just off the charts. If LOS is what you are looking for then yeah there are other frames that need los but don't have it. putting los in two frames and not others is just bs.

Probably Loki is next then we'll see who is whiner and who is defender, excal is was my favorite frame since i started playing this game, but when they nerfed radial blind i was like whatever maybe DE did this with good intention and it makes sense, but this new nerf is just off the charts. If LOS is what you are looking for then yeah there are other frames that need los but don't have it. putting los in two frames and not others is just bs.

thats maybe because LOS is a bad mechanic for a game like this, it only hurts fluent gameplay. the levels are simply not made for it.

i just hope that they will roll back those changes or at least refrain from introducing this to the next "viver" frames...

This is great even before this nerf half the enemies were left unharmed, but now its really no point using him for damage.

It's stronger if you power it up, like I said it was my first frame and I'm glad I chose him cause it helped when I was surrounded, but if you don't have any damage increase it's probably not that great.

Edited by shiftintoGTR

It's still viable. Just has LoS on the ability now so it doesn't fling itself all over the map.

Actually I just did radial javelin it still flings all over the map. Try doing it while leaping through mid air after sliding so your moving forward this is the more effective way to use radial blind, and javelin to eliminate threats. It took out guys up ramps, around corners as I flew by, and took out guys just before pillars as I flew by this is the more effective way to use it.